“short vacation”

Ranked #62 of 504 Hotels in Houston
lafayette, la
“short vacation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2010

My experience here was pleasant. Upon checking in my experience was a great one. The breakfast was good, but the eating area is not big enough; it was crowded. The evening drinks and snacks are served at 5:30p.m. until 7:00p.m. It was 6:15p.m. when I discovered that there were no longer any hot dog buns available. Only one person served drinks, worked in the laundry area, and prepared food. The service was good but failed to provide a roll-away-bed; they ran out of them and could not find any. Instead I had to sleep on the floor. There is a fitness room available, but the room is very small. Other than that I enjoyed being away from home; free breakfast and evening snacks provented me from spending too much money on food. The pool area is small, but I like the fact that the pool is located inside and outside, because the weather was nasty and my children were able to swim inside. I would stay here again. Hopefully, I will be able to receive a roll-away-bed if requested in advance. The staff tried their best to make us feel comfortable even though they were short handed and all. I have read previous reviews about the hotel being dated. I feel that $59.00 dollars is not a bad deal for all the amentities that this hotel provides. The room was not bad, the television is flatscreen, and the mattress was very comfortable to sleep in. I recommend this hotel to anyone who is traveling with children. Free breakfast and free evening snacks is a plus when traveling with children.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
DruryHotels, Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this review, July 15, 2010
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We always welcome guest feedback as it helps us improve for your next visit. We do apologize we did not have a rollaway available and are studying alternatives for guests who still would like a rollaway after our stock is depleted. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention so we can hopefully we can accommodate more requests. We were happy that your stay was a pleasant one and hope to see you back again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2010

My family and I went to Houston last weekend and we stumbled upon this hotel when trying to book ahead of time. I thought it would be any other hotel, but no, it was SOO much better. Right upon entering, we were greeted with smiles from every staff member. We checked in an hour early and it was not a problem (as it is in a lot of other hotels). The room we got was clean, roomy, and had a nice view of the pool. As we were heading out to explore Houston and Galveston, the concierge printed out directions to our destination. We returned around the 6:45 thinking that we were too late for the kick back, but food was still coming out! There were baked potatoes, chicken fingers, meatballs, pretzels, chips and salsa, ruffles, popcorn and soda (popcorn and soda are always available after 3). The food was good and filling. The pool was nice, there was an indoor area and an outdoor area and you can switch between them without getting out of the pool. The hot tub was nice too. The hotel also had a small gym with a T.V. that my teenagers loved. But beyond all of these fabulous details, the customer service was outstanding! I have never felt so welcome and comfortable in a hotel like I have in this one. My picky children even asked the return to Houston just because they loved the hotel. Stay at this hotel, and I promise that you will not regret it!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
columbus
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2010

I stayed here last year and seemed to have a much better room. i was dissapointed on how worn out this particular room was......it was very clean and even though I did'nt want the room to be cleaned the wonderful house cleaner made sure i had more towels and coffee. Also I did not know the location of my room but all night long I heard running water very annoying!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
DruryHotels, Management Representative at Drury Inn & Suites Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this review, May 6, 2010
We are so glad to hear that you had a comfortable stay and that our team was attentive to your needs. We appreciate hearing your feedback about the state of our rooms. We value your business and these comments can help us make improvements as necessary to best serve our guests. We truly appreciate your business and hope you will give un additional opportunities to serve your lodging needs.
Pomona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2010

This was a nice hotel but be aware of the signs in the parking lot about valuables in your vehicle. Our friends that we met at the hotel had their vehicle broken into about 6pm during daylight hours. It was smash n' grab and the guy jumped the wall to the next door hotel parking lot and jumped into a waiting vehicle. We think someone in the hotel lobby next door knew the accomplices. Police took a report but no followup.
The hotel provided a very comfortable stay and the happy hour was wonderful. The kids all loved the pool and it was a short drive to the Johnson Space Center. Stayed at a Drury Inn in Dallas and had a wonderful stay there.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled with friends
kirby,tx
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2010

I had never stayed at this brand before,but have stayed at many others that are a class above these and in the same price range,so I expected an excellent quality of service and accomodations.When I checked in I was greeted by a little man,he was courteous at first but when he realized I had a coupon his demeanor changed to rude.Several times he tried to "direct" me to other hotels that would "suit my needs", "that would have what I was looking for ".All I was looking for was a room with two beds, non-smoking.He tried to tell me they were almost sold out, but I had already called only a few hours prior and was informed that they had plenty of rooms.After some persistance on my part I got my room and at the coupon rate.Once in, the rooms were ample,the pool was heated and the breakfast was sufficiant for the price paid.The lady servicing the breakfast area was quite rude though,several times they ran out of items and when asked if they were going to refill before time ran out ( it was about 9:40 at the time,breakfast ended at 10), the lady rudely replied,"I'm getting to it!" and brushed past me roughly.I didn't bring this to the manager's attention because I was in a hurry and didn't feel it would serve any purpose to do so.Overall I guees it's ok if you have a coupon,one of the few in the area with indoor pool AND micro-fridge in room.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
kimachappell, eMarketing Specialist at Drury Inn & Suites Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this review, February 11, 2010
Thanks for choosing Drury Hotels! We appreciate hearing from our guests and thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you were not 100% satisfied during your last stay. We strive for our staff to be pleasant and friendly and apologize you did not find this the case during your recent stay. If you should ever encounter any problem at any Drury hotel, please let the manager on duty know right away so we can address any issue and get it fixed as soon as possible. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your feedback.
Austin TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2009

A really nice Drury Inn. Clean, maintained, comfortable, quiet, friendly. And an amazing price. We've paid much more for much less. Great option if visiting U of Houston. Would definitely book again.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Ca;dwell, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2009

We have been staying with the good folks at Drury Hobby for nearly ten years now. The manager, Patti DeMontron and her staff treat us like family. We probably make three or four trips a year and are greeted by name when we enter the lobby. The thing that brought us to Drury to start was that they welcomed our dog. Boy am I glad we had that dog! We would have missed out on all the good times we have had at Drury Hobby without him. Of particular interest is the indoor/outdoor pool and hot tub. Very nice, although the pool can get a mite brisk in the winter. We enjoy the hot breakfast and the evening happy hour as well. Real nice place at a fair price.

Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple