“Always a good stop”

Drury Inn & Suites Houston Hobby Airport
Ranked #92 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed January 29, 2012

Have learned Drury Hotels are always clean, staff friendly, you and your car are protected. This Houston Drury on Mosley Road is no exception. After driving the day, settling in to a meal provided free by Drury, in the Drury is great. No need to get back in your car and hunt for a place to eat. Not this time but in the past we have used their well kept, clean pool. Was easy access from Hwy 45. Slept well, quiet. Secure parking + guard in parking area at night.

Room Tip: Elevator for upper floor access.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 26, 2012

Room was clean enough (trash in can), but was clearly an old building. No issues or problems, evening reception was great, the guy pouring drinks was excellent. Food was good. Sorry we missed breakfast due to early flight, wish they had bags like Hampton.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sltex38
DruryHotels, Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2012

We thank you for your feedback on Drury Inn & Suites Houston Hobby. We strive to exceed our customer's expectations on having clean & comfortable rooms and providing +1 Service. We appreciate you staying with us!

Reviewed September 12, 2011

This is my first stay at a Drury Hotel, and I am hoping it will be the last. The Hotel and room are in terrible shape, carpets are dirty, the fridge smells like old musty socks. It is a shame. The beds and pillows are not comfortable and make for terrible sleep also.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Fab221
Reviewed September 5, 2011

We stayed over Labor Day weekend after researching several hotels in the area. We love Drury Inn because they are pet friendly, have complimentary breakfast, as well as complimentary snacks in the evening.

I'll admit, when we first pulled up at 10:30pm, my husband and I were both a little weary. It is in South Houston and the area just didn't look too great at night. We stuck with it though. The inside of the hotel was fine: clean, neat, and just like the last Drury Inn we stayed at (except smaller). Overall, our three night stay was good. There was a large group also staying there but everything was nice and quiet for us. Room was clean and comfortable, the breakfast was fine. I'm glad we decided to stay. Not the nicest we've stayed at but definitely acceptable. Oh and the staff were friendly - in fact the manager saw us at breakfast two mornings and asked if we were doing okay and if we needed anything.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Beckasdream
Reviewed August 11, 2011

We stayed here while going to see the Houston Astros. It was clean and comfortable. We had a pleasant stay even though the Astros lost. ;-)

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank smwpoole
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Stay here this pass weekend and it was a very nice stay. The bed & pillows were very comfy. And the free breakfast was great! I would definately comeback and stay.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LadyMels
Reviewed May 8, 2011

I was booked by a client here for a speaking event I had at Ellington Air Force base. It was the first time I ever stayed at a Drury Inn. The check in staff was friendly, the process was easy and quick, just in time for some free drinks and snacks. A nice touch after being on the road, I just made a quick trip to the free happy hour so I'm not sure about the food quality but the rum and coke was pretty darn good, starts at 5:30 not sure when they close it down. They also had free soda (Pepsi products) and pop corn until about 10 or that's a nice touch. I was impressed, working late in my room it was nice to go down for a free refill soda.

The hotel does look a bit out of date with fixtures, carpet and wall color but to the credit of this hotel they had a big flat screen TV. The only thing that I noticed that may have been an issue for some was the Tv kept going blank with an error message which read "lost signal". Not too much of an issue for since it was mostly background noise. All the basics are in order, clean towels/sheets and your standard mid range soaps and shampoo's.

The pool and hot tube looked nice and was packed out with kids as I passed them on the way to my room. I left too early to check out the free breakfast which is 7-9.

I did read the previous review on the earwig bugs in the bathroom area and did an inspection upon getting into my room, Good news no sign of bugs at all, I think the management team responded to this issue.

Overall a very Nice Stay! I've stayed at several hotels near by and I'd stay here again for sure.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business