“Good Value and good location”

Drury Inn & Suites Houston Hobby Airport
Ranked #62 of 504 Hotels in Houston
Thousand Oaks, California
“Good Value and good location”
Reviewed March 20, 2011

The hotel is located very close to Hobby Airport, but is very quiet with no noise from air traffic. It appears to be a relatively newer property and has the amenities expected of a three star hotel. Good breakfast, eggs, pork products, biscuits, etc. I would stay here again, but would note the following negatives. The room had two double beds, but very little storage space for clothing. There was a refrigerator and microwave in the room however. I expected most of the guests to be business types, but we were there during Spring Break. There were a large number of children who could be noisy and disruptive. There were, what appeared to be, a large number of families from the lower socio-economic levels of society. They seemed to lack the basic behaviors and disciplines we have become accustomed to in middle class travel. They were often loud and all hours of the night and rude and defensive when requested to be quiet.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank slr_7
DruryHotels, Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this review, March 28, 2011
Thank you for feedback regarding you recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely apologize that you had a concern during your stay at our hotel. We always welcome guest feed back as it helps us improve for the next vist.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed October 7, 2010

My only complaint was that we kept finding earwig bugs in the bathroom area! Other than that, it was a nice hotel. Great location for a beach visit AND an Astros game. And, the breakfast and happy hour was great!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
DruryHotels, Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this review, October 18, 2010
It is always nice to get compliments from our guests and honest feedback on how we can improve our hotel and guest service. As a company we have an extermination program in place and maintain a strict preventive maintenance program to help prevent any pest issues. We appreciate the feedback so we can have additional treatment done to this room. We strive to maintain a clean, comfortable and friendly environment here at Drury Hotels and we truly value the opinions of our guests.
DeSoto, Texas
Reviewed July 20, 2010

I did not like this Drury Inn, First upon arriving a will give credit to the young man who ,checked us in he was friendly. The room was ok, except for the bathroom had small bugs and the bathtub was not cleaned very good small hair around the tub tile. The beds were not comfortable the mattress was sunk in the middle, not real bad, but not great either. Also I believe it was fleas or something in that room we all woke up with small bumps and scratching. Evening snacks was horrible chips. pretzels and popcorn were all stale!! not fresh at ALL!!!! Weiners look as they were old from 2 nights before. , buns were hard. - Don't know for sure but there was a lady (may have been the manager) walk around socialize with some of the guest but upon approaching me and my family she said HI!! I didn't get a warm friendly vibe as she was talking she was picking up trash that was on the floor such as straws papers, napkins as if we put them down there. then approach my son (15 year old) and ask if he had turn down the ceiling fan, I ask her what happen and she said if he would turn the ceiling fan back on high. And walked off. The lady serving drinks was friendly and ask did we need anything else. I don't remember any of there names. Also internet did not work in the so called business room. Only stayed 1 night July 19, 2010. But for sure will not stay at this particular Drury Inn again. :(

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Parispaigepayton
lafayette, la
Reviewed July 5, 2010

My experience here was pleasant. Upon checking in my experience was a great one. The breakfast was good, but the eating area is not big enough; it was crowded. The evening drinks and snacks are served at 5:30p.m. until 7:00p.m. It was 6:15p.m. when I discovered that there were no longer any hot dog buns available. Only one person served drinks, worked in the laundry area, and prepared food. The service was good but failed to provide a roll-away-bed; they ran out of them and could not find any. Instead I had to sleep on the floor. There is a fitness room available, but the room is very small. Other than that I enjoyed being away from home; free breakfast and evening snacks provented me from spending too much money on food. The pool area is small, but I like the fact that the pool is located inside and outside, because the weather was nasty and my children were able to swim inside. I would stay here again. Hopefully, I will be able to receive a roll-away-bed if requested in advance. The staff tried their best to make us feel comfortable even though they were short handed and all. I have read previous reviews about the hotel being dated. I feel that $59.00 dollars is not a bad deal for all the amentities that this hotel provides. The room was not bad, the television is flatscreen, and the mattress was very comfortable to sleep in. I recommend this hotel to anyone who is traveling with children. Free breakfast and free evening snacks is a plus when traveling with children.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
DruryHotels, Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this review, July 15, 2010
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We always welcome guest feedback as it helps us improve for your next visit. We do apologize we did not have a rollaway available and are studying alternatives for guests who still would like a rollaway after our stock is depleted. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention so we can hopefully we can accommodate more requests. We were happy that your stay was a pleasant one and hope to see you back again soon.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed June 6, 2010

My family and I went to Houston last weekend and we stumbled upon this hotel when trying to book ahead of time. I thought it would be any other hotel, but no, it was SOO much better. Right upon entering, we were greeted with smiles from every staff member. We checked in an hour early and it was not a problem (as it is in a lot of other hotels). The room we got was clean, roomy, and had a nice view of the pool. As we were heading out to explore Houston and Galveston, the concierge printed out directions to our destination. We returned around the 6:45 thinking that we were too late for the kick back, but food was still coming out! There were baked potatoes, chicken fingers, meatballs, pretzels, chips and salsa, ruffles, popcorn and soda (popcorn and soda are always available after 3). The food was good and filling. The pool was nice, there was an indoor area and an outdoor area and you can switch between them without getting out of the pool. The hot tub was nice too. The hotel also had a small gym with a T.V. that my teenagers loved. But beyond all of these fabulous details, the customer service was outstanding! I have never felt so welcome and comfortable in a hotel like I have in this one. My picky children even asked the return to Houston just because they loved the hotel. Stay at this hotel, and I promise that you will not regret it!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
columbus
Reviewed April 23, 2010

I stayed here last year and seemed to have a much better room. i was dissapointed on how worn out this particular room was......it was very clean and even though I did'nt want the room to be cleaned the wonderful house cleaner made sure i had more towels and coffee. Also I did not know the location of my room but all night long I heard running water very annoying!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
DruryHotels, Management Representative at Drury Inn & Suites Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this review, May 6, 2010
We are so glad to hear that you had a comfortable stay and that our team was attentive to your needs. We appreciate hearing your feedback about the state of our rooms. We value your business and these comments can help us make improvements as necessary to best serve our guests. We truly appreciate your business and hope you will give un additional opportunities to serve your lodging needs.
Pomona
Reviewed March 29, 2010

This was a nice hotel but be aware of the signs in the parking lot about valuables in your vehicle. Our friends that we met at the hotel had their vehicle broken into about 6pm during daylight hours. It was smash n' grab and the guy jumped the wall to the next door hotel parking lot and jumped into a waiting vehicle. We think someone in the hotel lobby next door knew the accomplices. Police took a report but no followup.
The hotel provided a very comfortable stay and the happy hour was wonderful. The kids all loved the pool and it was a short drive to the Johnson Space Center. Stayed at a Drury Inn in Dallas and had a wonderful stay there.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled with friends