“Good Value, Friendly Staff” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport

Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport
Ranked #78 of 501 Hotels in Houston
Cuenca, Ecuador
“Good Value, Friendly Staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2011

The hotel is very large for a Holiday Inn. When we arrived, there was a line of about 10 people waiting to check in. However, there were soon three agents who promptly helped all of the customers.

The rooms were clean and reasonably sized. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rates were very attractive given the accomodations. There was a mini-refrigerator in the room. All in all, a nice deal!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 7Continentsymas
HOUAP6804, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, March 10, 2011
Dear Guest, thank you for the nice comments! I'm very glad you found the staff friendly and efficient and also found good value for your price. These are key fundementals that we work very hard at delivering for our Guests. I'm glad it showed! I hope you can visit again. Please call on me if I can ever be of assistance, Sincerely, Dennis Miller, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2011

I was sent here because of an issue with the airline. Being a distressed passenger the hotel sure didn't sway from how to treat distressed passengers. Rooms on the first floor at the very end of the hallway, phones didn't work in the room, the room wasn't completely done. There was a line at the front desk and sure enough it felt like a conveyor belt, no personality at all.

Maybe they treat regular paying guests better. I hope.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Dreaux
HOUAP6804, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, March 1, 2011
Dear Guests; Thank you for your feedback. Our staff understands the difficulties our distressed airline passengers have been through by the time they reach us. Usually we get it right and receive good comments on improving their day. I'm very sorry that we didn't show you enough care on this visit.
The airlines often give us little notice that they have distressed passengers and then they arrive all at once. This can be challenging as you might imagine. However your comments remind us that we must work harder and better to help our already upset airline guests.
I hope you will consider giving us another chance to serve you...planned or unplanned, I believe you will see that we normally do a great job for all our Guests.

Please call on me anytime for assistance. Sincerely, Dennis Miller, GM.
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel in the past, so I thought I knew what to expect. I was wrong! I woke up in the morning to a lukewarm shower that turned ice cold after about one minute. I called the front desk and was told that yes, there was a problem with the boiler, but they were working on it. As the morning went on, no water would come out of my sink. I realized brushing my teeth would be an issue, so I went out to the vending machine to buy a bottle of water. The vending machine was empty. I went to the front desk to buy water, and they gave me two bottles at no charge. I left for the day to return around 4:00 p.m. Still no hot water, although there was a small stream coming out of the sink faucet now. The room had not yet been cleaned. I called the front desk, who told me they were working on getting the hot water fixed. I asked to be moved to a different room, as I found out that it was only my floor and wing of the hotel that was without hot water. They refused, saying they were booked. I pressed, and they relented and gave me a room on a different floor. Upon opening the door to the new room, I was blown away by the smell of bleach. I am very disappointed in this hotel and will not be returning. The staff, especially those at the desk this afternoon, were indifferent to my lack of hot water, any water, or a clean room. There are many hotels to choose from in this area and my colleague and I have decided we will be finding a different one for our next trip.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Ster9999
HOUAP6804, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, February 25, 2011
Dear Guests: I am very sorry we caused you difficulty with the hot water. This should never occur, but unfortunately a circulation pump failed in your area. As the pump was only 4 months old it was replaced under warranty as quickly as possibel. We should have done more to make this up to you, but it seems like we did not. If you will contact me, I'll insure that we make proper amends.
The room we placed you in really should not have been used as it was going though some repairs and off-market. But as the hotel was sold out, the front desk person thought it would be the option you preferred under the circumstances.
I remain available and at your service to make amends. Please accept my apology.
Respectfully, Dennis Miller, GM
Pittsburgh, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2011

Stayed at the Holiday Inn Intercontinental Airport just after Christmas for training with ExpressJet Airlines/Continental Express. Enjoyed it thoroughly, although the TV channels could be upgraded--they only had one sports channel--ESPN, would've preferred a better variety there. Also, the transportation to and from class could've been improved, granted our class had 20 people, about 5 more people than the bus can hold, but it was annoying waiting 20 minutes longer for an additional bus when we didn't all fit.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank weebs81
HOUAP6804, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, January 28, 2011
Dear Guest: Thank you for your comments! I'm glad that you enjoyed your visit and that the staff took great care of you. I want to mention that we've added ESPN2 to our in-room TV list and have the full 'FanPass' sports package now in the Good Eats Grill & Bar. I'm hopeful we will continue to add more channels in our room package. Please say hello whenever you are visiting and let me know right away if I can ever be of assistance!
Sincerely, Dennis Miller, General Manager
Waco, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2010

This is a great hotel. The staff is very friendly and helpful, and the rooms are very spacious and comfortable. The free WiFi is an added bonus. A free breakfast would be nice. I definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank rmw313
HOUAP6804, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, January 3, 2011
Thank you for the compliments! I'm glad our staff came through for you! I hope we'll see you again soon! If I can ever be of service please call on me right away.
Sincerely, Dennis Miller, GM
Hot Springs, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2010

Stayed here one night to pick up family flying in to George Bush International. Large, tastefully decorated lobby, quick, efficient check-in, spotless rooms, comfy beds. A request for extra coffee packs was met within 10 minutes. Ordered room service twice, and both times our orders were correct, hot, and delivered within 25 minutes by a smiling, pleasant employee. I travel weekly for business, and greatly appreciated the pleasant stay.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank prorie
HOUAP6804, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, December 20, 2010
Dear Guests, thank you so much for sharing your wonderful experience. Our staff is usually very good at helping our Guests. I'm glad it showed. I am particularly pleased that the room service was right and on-time. We've been working a lot on this area. Thank you for staying with us. I hope you can visit us again. Sincerely, Dennis Miller, General Manager.
Columbus, Ohio, USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2010

Last week my husband stayed here on business. He left his wedding band on the bathroom counter and realized it by the time he got on the plane to come home. He called the hotel and told them. I have to review this place as great. They immediately found his ring and sent it overnight to our home. The staff there really deserve to be recognized for being honest and returning his ring. Not many people/places would do that these days. Thank you so much!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank amandaj0808
HOUAP6804, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, December 6, 2010
Thank you for recognizing our staff. We strive for the best and most honest people to be on our team. I'm glad they were able to find and return the item! Hope you'll stay with us again.
Sincerely, Dennis Miller, GM