Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport
Ranked #117 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed November 11, 2010

Had business nearby, and the reviews were good, so thought I'd give it a try. The last time I was there, was 24 years ago for my wedding reception! It has certainly been updated, and generally in a good way. The TV isn't plasma. Everything else was very clean and neat, staff was fine. Breakfast buffet was superb, with a chef cooking omelets and waffles. One thing, request a room AWAY from North Belt. Traffic was very noisy, all night long. Oh, the AC would drown it out when it came on, and I suppose I could have whited-noised it by just leaving the fan running all the time.

And, free wireless internet, I got a decent signal on the fifth floor.

But other than that, all is well!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank TexasTime99
HOUAP6804, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2010

Dear Guest. It was a pleasure to read your comments. I'm glad you could see the care we are taking with 'your' wedding place! Maybe we can help with an anniversary in the future!
Please say hello the next time through the area. I'd enjoy the chance to speak with you.
Sincerely, Dennis H Miller, GM

Reviewed October 24, 2010

I have done numerous seminars in hotels all over the USA; the Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport banquet staff was absolutely the best. Everyone was attentive to our needs and always available. The personnel were outstanding and most helpful. I would highly recommend this hotel for meetings/events.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank marcycook123
HOUAP6804, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2010

Dear Guest: Thank you for sharing your comments about your event. It made my day!
I have shared your comments with the team and they were delighted to hear your feedback. I know it gives them additonal encouragment knowing how much it is appreciated.
Our Guests are always are primary focus and I'm glad our team came through for you.
I hope you'll have the opportunity to book with us again!
Sincerely, Dennis Miller, GM

Reviewed October 13, 2010

I went to Houston in the month of June 2010 to Aug 2010, for my business trip and I stayed in HHoliday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport. Hotel is at good location, very close to Airport, good for travelers are in Houston for short stay, Hotel is too far from City main attraction Downtown and Galleria. Stay at hotel is good, despite for being too far from main city, hotel gives daily complementary shuttle service to malls and airport.

Hotel got its own restaurant on the ground floor. Rooms are too big and all are neat and clean.

Only -ve with hotel is they don't give microwave in each room. They got only 2 on ground Floor.

And main good thing, they got super duper fast complementary in room internet service.

Got good swimming pool, playing area and good security.

A good hotel to stay in.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank VivekMahich
HOUAP6804, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2010

Dear Guest, thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to share the nice comments. I appreciate your business and hope you'll say hello on your next visit!
Dennis Miller, GM

Reviewed October 6, 2010

Stayed overnight after transatlantic flight. About two miles south of IAH.
Spacious, comfortable lobby area with free coffee and two large flat screen tvs.
Clean corridors, large pool area at rear of property. Clean room with comfortable king bed, sofa and flat screen tv.
Friendly check in staff. Had a nice meal at the onsite Good Eats restaurant. Got a good deal through Hotwire with help from Betterbidding.com.
No free breakfast but there is a 24hr breakfast place just a block north.
Would definitely stay here again when using IAH.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank gerardty

Dear Guest: It was wonderful to see your comments about our hotel and staff! I really appreciate that you would take time out of your day to share this great feedback with us. It made my day! Please let me know if can ever assist you on future visits to town.
Thank you! Dennis Miller, GMI

Reviewed September 27, 2010

I had business near Houston Bush Airport (IAH). I drove there from home and really wasn't the typical air traveler guest. However, I was very pleasantly surprised. The hotel was clean, well appointed, and had a great restaurant. The pool area was very relaxing except for the occasional passing aircraft. The rooms looked to be recently redone. The bed was great, the bathroom spacious, clean, with all the amenities. Amazingly, the hotel was very quiet despite being so close to a major airport. If you need a layover at Bush Airport or have business in the north I 45 Beltway 8 area, you might want to consider this Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank valcron

Dear Guest: I'm so glad that you found us and that we met all your expectations. I was also pleased that you found and mentioned how quiet we are here as many people worry about noise at airport locations. I hope you'll say hello on your next visit to Houston and let me know if I can ever be of assistance. Thank you! Dennis Miller, GM

Reviewed September 4, 2010

This trip was booked on Hotwire, which listed this hotel as a 3 Star, but clearly was maybe a 2 star at best. First of all, the parking lot needs paving. You drive in and the pavement is uneven, not to mention a trip hazard when parking in the side lot. I have started staying at Holiday Inns that have undergone renovations, but this specific hotel's reonovations do not look good at all. The elevator is VERY beat up and slow (not to mention it was very dirty). Upon getting off the elevator, I walked to my room which was on the 5th floor towards the front of the hotel. The first thing you will notice is the OLD OLD wood doors (very dark, depressing color), which date their renovations. Upon entry into the room, I noticed the wood trim falling off the wall, and where someone tried to touch up the paint, unfortunately the paint was a different shade and made it look real run down (I wasn't going back to the desk to ask for a new room, as I just wanted a clean bed at this point.). The bathroom was so so. The shower head didn't work well. It sprayed all over, hitting more of the wall than the shower occupant, probably some build up of soap and lime that is clogging the heads. It also wasn't real secure on the pipe, as tons of water runs down the wall.

I checked out early the next morning to catch my flight. What I found a bit rude was there were 2 front desk clerks at the desk. One was on the telephone trying to take care of a guest issue, but the other clerk couldn't even bother to look up. Rather she kept eating her breakfast plate she had just prepared. I find it rude and disgusting when someone cannot atleast put the food aside for a minute and take care of PAYING guest. I am sure there is an office or break room she could have utilized but rather she put it right on the counter and ate like guest weren't present.

I have to say, I do not think I would stay again. The other medicore review is very accurate. Holiday Inn is trying to win guest back, but wont be winning me back with hotels such as this. The ice bucket in the room was still branded in their old logo, and a bit yellowed, which means it may be time for a new one. All these little issues, add up to guest not wanting to come back, or give the "NEW HOLIDAY INN" a chance.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank TravelWII
HOUAP6804, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2010

Dear Guest; I am very sorry and deeply apologize for the situations you described. It is my responsibility to insure that our service and repairs are kept up to standards at all times. I hope you will forgive me. Your comments give me clear indication of some items that I must adress immediately. For example, no employee is ever to eat in front of Guests. The staff knows this and I'm very disappointed and embarrassed that a front desk person did this. We are always to be professional and responsive to our Guests. The staff overall has worked very hard to be responsible to our Guests and for providing excellent stays, and I feel terrible that one or two people made the rest of their efforts show poorly. Again my responsibility and my promise to you that I will act quickly on this.
Some other quick notes: the portion of the parking that has damage was from some recent work we needed to do and bids have been collected for the repairs. The elevators have walls with wood which as, you noted, require more constant touch-up by us due to their design and lconstant luggage damage. The shower head will be replaced right away. This should have been noticed and reported by our housekeeper before you needed to. The room doors are solid core, which helps keep the rooms more quiet, but I ackowlege that nowadays, the doors could be more decor savy. Unfortunately, I don't believe I'll able to address this immediately.
I hope you will consider visiting us again in the future and allow me to make up for this visit and show that we can be much better. Please contact me riight away for assistance
Respectfully, Dennis Miller, General Manager.

Reviewed July 28, 2010

What a change to find a good Airport Hotel, We had a warm and friendly welcome, Rooms were nice and comfy
and friendly service throughtout are stay, The food was good also that we had. Shuttle from / to Hotel was ontime and quick , Well done to all the staff at the Hotel - Thank you , A few other other Hotels should learn from you !!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank j0llyjenks
HOUAP6804, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2010

Dear Guest: Thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful comments! I'm very proud of our team and I'm very glad that you could see their efforts and care. I hope that if you visit Houston again you can find a moment to say hello.
Sincerely, Dennis Miller, General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Houston
Best Western Plus JFK Inn & Suites
La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Bush IAH South
Doubletree Houston Intercontinental Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Houston-Bush Intercontinental Airport
Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport
4 mi away
Holiday Inn Houston NE - Bush Airport Area

Been to Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport? Share your experiences!