“Houston with Holiday Inn”

Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport
Ranked #92 of 510 Hotels in Houston
Ahmedabad, India
“Houston with Holiday Inn”
Reviewed October 13, 2010

I went to Houston in the month of June 2010 to Aug 2010, for my business trip and I stayed in HHoliday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport. Hotel is at good location, very close to Airport, good for travelers are in Houston for short stay, Hotel is too far from City main attraction Downtown and Galleria. Stay at hotel is good, despite for being too far from main city, hotel gives daily complementary shuttle service to malls and airport.

Hotel got its own restaurant on the ground floor. Rooms are too big and all are neat and clean.

Only -ve with hotel is they don't give microwave in each room. They got only 2 on ground Floor.

And main good thing, they got super duper fast complementary in room internet service.

Got good swimming pool, playing area and good security.

A good hotel to stay in.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank VivekMahich
HOUAP6804, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, October 19, 2010
Dear Guest, thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to share the nice comments. I appreciate your business and hope you'll say hello on your next visit!
Dennis Miller, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Turkish first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 6, 2010

Stayed overnight after transatlantic flight. About two miles south of IAH.
Spacious, comfortable lobby area with free coffee and two large flat screen tvs.
Clean corridors, large pool area at rear of property. Clean room with comfortable king bed, sofa and flat screen tv.
Friendly check in staff. Had a nice meal at the onsite Good Eats restaurant. Got a good deal through Hotwire with help from Betterbidding.com.
No free breakfast but there is a 24hr breakfast place just a block north.
Would definitely stay here again when using IAH.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank gerardty
Dear Guest: It was wonderful to see your comments about our hotel and staff! I really appreciate that you would take time out of your day to share this great feedback with us. It made my day! Please let me know if can ever assist you on future visits to town.
Thank you! Dennis Miller, GMI
La Grange, Texas
Reviewed September 27, 2010

I had business near Houston Bush Airport (IAH). I drove there from home and really wasn't the typical air traveler guest. However, I was very pleasantly surprised. The hotel was clean, well appointed, and had a great restaurant. The pool area was very relaxing except for the occasional passing aircraft. The rooms looked to be recently redone. The bed was great, the bathroom spacious, clean, with all the amenities. Amazingly, the hotel was very quiet despite being so close to a major airport. If you need a layover at Bush Airport or have business in the north I 45 Beltway 8 area, you might want to consider this Holiday Inn.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank valcron
Dear Guest: I'm so glad that you found us and that we met all your expectations. I was also pleased that you found and mentioned how quiet we are here as many people worry about noise at airport locations. I hope you'll say hello on your next visit to Houston and let me know if I can ever be of assistance. Thank you! Dennis Miller, GM
WI
Reviewed September 4, 2010

This trip was booked on Hotwire, which listed this hotel as a 3 Star, but clearly was maybe a 2 star at best. First of all, the parking lot needs paving. You drive in and the pavement is uneven, not to mention a trip hazard when parking in the side lot. I have started staying at Holiday Inns that have undergone renovations, but this specific hotel's reonovations do not look good at all. The elevator is VERY beat up and slow (not to mention it was very dirty). Upon getting off the elevator, I walked to my room which was on the 5th floor towards the front of the hotel. The first thing you will notice is the OLD OLD wood doors (very dark, depressing color), which date their renovations. Upon entry into the room, I noticed the wood trim falling off the wall, and where someone tried to touch up the paint, unfortunately the paint was a different shade and made it look real run down (I wasn't going back to the desk to ask for a new room, as I just wanted a clean bed at this point.). The bathroom was so so. The shower head didn't work well. It sprayed all over, hitting more of the wall than the shower occupant, probably some build up of soap and lime that is clogging the heads. It also wasn't real secure on the pipe, as tons of water runs down the wall.

I checked out early the next morning to catch my flight. What I found a bit rude was there were 2 front desk clerks at the desk. One was on the telephone trying to take care of a guest issue, but the other clerk couldn't even bother to look up. Rather she kept eating her breakfast plate she had just prepared. I find it rude and disgusting when someone cannot atleast put the food aside for a minute and take care of PAYING guest. I am sure there is an office or break room she could have utilized but rather she put it right on the counter and ate like guest weren't present.

I have to say, I do not think I would stay again. The other medicore review is very accurate. Holiday Inn is trying to win guest back, but wont be winning me back with hotels such as this. The ice bucket in the room was still branded in their old logo, and a bit yellowed, which means it may be time for a new one. All these little issues, add up to guest not wanting to come back, or give the "NEW HOLIDAY INN" a chance.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank TravelWII
HOUAP6804, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, September 7, 2010
Dear Guest; I am very sorry and deeply apologize for the situations you described. It is my responsibility to insure that our service and repairs are kept up to standards at all times. I hope you will forgive me. Your comments give me clear indication of some items that I must adress immediately. For example, no employee is ever to eat in front of Guests. The staff knows this and I'm very disappointed and embarrassed that a front desk person did this. We are always to be professional and responsive to our Guests. The staff overall has worked very hard to be responsible to our Guests and for providing excellent stays, and I feel terrible that one or two people made the rest of their efforts show poorly. Again my responsibility and my promise to you that I will act quickly on this.
Some other quick notes: the portion of the parking that has damage was from some recent work we needed to do and bids have been collected for the repairs. The elevators have walls with wood which as, you noted, require more constant touch-up by us due to their design and lconstant luggage damage. The shower head will be replaced right away. This should have been noticed and reported by our housekeeper before you needed to. The room doors are solid core, which helps keep the rooms more quiet, but I ackowlege that nowadays, the doors could be more decor savy. Unfortunately, I don't believe I'll able to address this immediately.
I hope you will consider visiting us again in the future and allow me to make up for this visit and show that we can be much better. Please contact me riight away for assistance
Respectfully, Dennis Miller, General Manager.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 28, 2010

What a change to find a good Airport Hotel, We had a warm and friendly welcome, Rooms were nice and comfy
and friendly service throughtout are stay, The food was good also that we had. Shuttle from / to Hotel was ontime and quick , Well done to all the staff at the Hotel - Thank you , A few other other Hotels should learn from you !!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank j0llyjenks
HOUAP6804, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, July 29, 2010
Dear Guest: Thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful comments! I'm very proud of our team and I'm very glad that you could see their efforts and care. I hope that if you visit Houston again you can find a moment to say hello.
Sincerely, Dennis Miller, General Manager
Baytown, Texas
Reviewed July 2, 2010

This place gave me the creeps. It felt dirty. The parking lot felt so unsafe I moved my car to the airport lot down the road, and there were a large number of people hanging out in the front door. I Pricelined it and it has to be the worst property I have ever stayed at thru priceline. There are way too many choice in the area. LOOK AROUND FIRST. It is also close to the Beltway and can be very loud.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank cokerbud
HOUAP6804, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, July 6, 2010
Dear Guest, Thank you for writing about your stay at our hotel. I'm very sorry that we did not meet your expectations. We take security of our parking lot very seriously. With 24/7 coverage and much more in place, our safety record is excellent and among the very best hotels in the area. I'm usually also very proud of our Housekeeping staff and their cleaninness record. The rooms are new and the team's overall cleaning scores are usually among the best. Not knowing your name or room number I cannot conduct a more specific investigation, however, I will insure a full review with our team where we may have fell short on this occassion.
Regards the guests at the front entrance, being a busy hotel with many international guests, I can only surmise that several folks knew each other, or were waiting for the complimentary mall shuttle. Our front desk staff should have been able to identify them and re-assure you. I'm sorry that it made you uncomfortable.
I hope you will accept my apology and hope you will consider trusting us to be your host again someday.
Sincerely, Dennis Miller, General Manager
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed June 13, 2010

My husband had to work in the area for a few days. So I came and brought our kids. First of all there is nothing in the area and this whole area must have alot of security problems. Most of the hotels in the areas have GATES around them! Well the hotel has recently been remodeled and they did a good job. But as stated before the bathrooms are very small but the rooms are big. The maids were all kind and helpful. The restraunt was good and had free kids meals! BUT my biggest problem was the pool!!! The very first day I took my kids down there(Saturday)....it was crowded with about 15 people(who were wearing tank tops and shorts) who were NOT hotel guest and maybe 10 who were. How could I tell they were not guests? Well they kinda gave it away when they all knew each other and about 15 MORE of their friends all walked through the BACK gate. They also brought food and birthday gifts! So we have 30 people in tank tops and shorts swimming and having a birthday party, all coming in the back gate. Well that was enough for me and my kids. We went back to our room and I called the office. They were actually RUDE! I asked if they normally rented out the pool for parties. They said no....I explained what was going on right in their back yard. And they acted like I was crazy but said that some one would go and check it out. I never saw(our room over looked the pool) anyone go out there. And as soon as I got off the phone with the front desk the other hotel guests all left too! I guess they had had enough too. The party lasted another 2 hours! I could not believe it! The next morning when we were leaving we had to drive around the back of the hotel because of the gates and there I saw one of the families unpacking their car to go to the pool again! I will never stay here again! The highlight of visiting a hotel (for my kids) is the pool. It doesn't have to be fancy just accessable and safe!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank vallejofamily
HOUAP6804, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, September 20, 2010
Dear Guest; Thank you for staying with us. I’m glad the housekeeping staff was attentive and the restaurant was enjoyable. I want to apologize, however, for the pool party concern. We had a couple in-house room guests that invited a large number of local family-friends to join them. It was unexpected and will be handled differently should something similar ever occur. I’m sorry it made your pool experience uncomfortable. I hope we can earn your business back. Please feel free to contact me right away. Sincerely, Dennis Miller, General Manager.