“Decent airport hotel, excellent front desk staff”

Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport
Ranked #103 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Rudgwick, United Kingdom
“Decent airport hotel, excellent front desk staff”
Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

Recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Houston Intl Airport after a weekend in Austin for the Formula 1. We didn't have long in the hotel due to a 6am flight the following morning, however I would like to praise the front desk staff, in particular Angela, for making us feel so welcome during our very short stay. I would definitely stay here again the next time I fly in to IAH.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
HOUAP6804, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear Guest; Thank you very much for finding and staying with us and also for taking the time to share your very nice comments about our hotel and staff. I believe we have some special employees that try very hard to take care of our Guests. I'm glad you could tell. We appreciate your business very much and want to wish you smooth travels in your future!
Sincerely, Dennis Miller, General manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Turkish first
hohenfels germany
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Thanks for a nice stay at the hotel! We had a wonderful greeting and service from LaShonda at the front desk. Efficient and friendly, great welcome. Our water and snack for the Priority Club members along with a free breakfast buffet coupon were a great treat. Room was clean and roomy and we had a great night's sleep on the double pull out couch and king size bed. Short drive to the airport and plenty of parking.

Room Tip: Halls are very long so ask for a "by the main elevator" if walking is a problem.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest; Your review was a real pleasure to read! Thank you for taking the time to share your positive comments about the staff and Angela in particular. She is a wonderful member of our team and always has a sunny disposition. We're so glad you noticed. We appreciate your business and hope we can again be of service to you when you visit Houston. Great travels to you, Sincerely, Dennis Miller, General Manager.
Chicago, IL
Reviewed November 22, 2013

The rooms, common areas, and restaurants are updated, squeaky clean, and the staff are second to none! Thank you Ruby for being so nice and making my stay a five star visit. The restaurant is pretty awesome as well, I highly recommend the buffalo zingers. I wish I had the recipe for that sauce they home make every day!

1 Thank Chase K
Dear Guest; Thank you so much for the very nice compliments about the hotel and staff, and in particular Ruby! She is very special and sets a great example for others on our team to follow. We're so glad you noticed. Thank you also for choosing to stay with us. We reaaly appreciate your business and hope we will always be your first choice whenever in Houston.
Sincerely, Dennis Miller, General Manager.
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I stayed here for business from Nov 11 to Nov14. The front desk staffs are excellent just like what other reviews said. I got a two double bed room. I finished my dinner at Good Eat and I was ready to take shower and relax. When I walked in the bathroom and I found a coca roach, I was very surprise to see that. I have never seen a hotel room with coca roach. I called the front desk right away. They told me that I would get another and key will delivered to me. Lillian showed up in my door and gave me the key. Then I moved to the next room. It is also a two double bed room. However, this room feel smaller than the previous one. There is no plug near by the desk. The plug should be right next to desk. Both rooms I had had small refrigerator which is very convenient. Overall, the hotel is very old and need update. The food at restaurant are very good and worth to eat in. One thing I noticed was that the parking lot were always full. After a day of work, I circled around the parking lot for 15 minutes in order to find an open spot. The location is good which is right by the highway. My only comment is to clean the room better.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest: Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking time to provide feedback on your visit. We were pleased that our staff made such a favorable impression on you. Our rooms have recently been updated with additional electrical outlets, if one was missing we will quickly replace it. We look forward to being your host again and hope to earn an even higher rating next time. Sincerely, Dennis Miller, General manager.
Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

I use the Holiday Inn website to book my room. Show up and that room is not available but a cheaper one is. Cool, I'll take it. Then I have dinner. Next morning I find I was billed twice for dinner. The front desk acts like they are taking it off my bill. Next day not only is the double billing still there but they billed me a second time for the room. I call- three times. And I'm still waiting a week later for a credit even though I've been told twice they issued the credit. My credit card company says in credit is pending.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Ken B
HOUAP6804, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear Guest: I'm sorry for the credit mix-up. Your stay should always be smooth and problem free. I apologize that the credit issues made this not the case. To follow up, the credits were submitted for the restaurant on 11-1 and the room on 11-4. They cleared the hotels' merchant bank the subsequent business day. I cannot explain why credits are slower to be returned by bank cards, but it is not being slowed on the hotels side and I'm sure you'll see them shortly.

The restaurant point-of-sale computer experienced interface issues on the day in question. Unfortunately it affected several restaurant-to-room folio charges that day and credits were needed for several guests. It was unfortunate that this happened but it was not an employee mistake. The hotel's service company identified and corrected the problem quickly after discovery.

The room mistake however was a human one. It was a coding error by our newer front desk member. Again I'm sorry for the trouble this caused you. We should be watching our new folks closer than this and we have discussed this and expect to learn and do better.

If I can assist you further please let me know right away.
Sincerely, Dennis Miller, General Manager
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed November 7, 2013

First time in Houston and the front desk staff, specifically, Lashonda did a a great job checking me in and making me feel at home. I do a lot of traveling and its great to run into a person that actually cares ! will def be back --Mike F.

Room Tip: Join the IHG rewards club !
1 Thank mike f
Dear Guest; thank you so much for the excellent comments and rating. We're so glad that you found us and that we delivered for you! We're very proud of our team and LaShonda who is a recent employee of the month winner. We look forward to being of service to you again in the future. Sincerely, Dennis Miller, General Manager.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

I would like to say that my stay here was awesome.when i come back i would stay here again.from the manager down to the staff was awesome they always greet u nicely and always had a smile on their faces.if u needed something they made sure they accomadated u and made sure u was satisfied.I would like to say Anna,Angela,Lashonda,and Jose yall Rock.I would recommend this hotel to my friends and family. The rooms are nice and clean.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest. It was a delight to read your wonderful comments and compliments about the staff. Thank you! I believe the team here tries very hard to do a good job and glad that you noticed. We're very thankful for your business and hope that we can be of service again to you in the future.
Smooth travels always! Dennis Miller, General Manager.