“FANTASTIC stay in a great hotel”

Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport
Ranked #114 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I stayed here for a 3 week training for business. These are my experiences.

Front Desk- I have stayed in dozens and dozens of hotels and the front desk employee in the evening Angela is as good and friendly as any I have ever encountered. The whole evening front desk crew is fantastic. The daytime crew while okay is short and to the point and certainly not as friendly as the night.
Shuttle- There is a shuttle through the hotel that has a airport shuttle every 30 minutes. They also have a shuttle that goes to Deerbrook Mall and Wal Mart 3 times a day. A great cheap way to avoid the $30 taxi to downtown Houston is the Metro bus. The stop for the #102 is down the street across from the Hot Biscuit restaurant. It gets you downtown for $1.25 each way. While downtown you can take the Metro Rail for $1.25 to get around.
Food- Great Eats in the lobby is a great restaurant with a breakfast buffet and everything else that I got on the menu was great. Also in the area are a Godfather's Pizza .. Taco Bell.. Jack in the Box..Subway..Gyro Shop..Gumbo and Burrito bar..
Room- The room is clean and comfortable and you can request a microwave and refrigerator.
Amenities- They have a 8 foot pool and a nice exercise room.
Overall a great stay. Another man who an employee said was the owner but didnt present himself as such when out of his way to help me.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
HOUAP6804, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Dear Guest: It was very special and humbling to read your wonderful comments about the staff and services. We all try very hard to do a good job for our Guest, and staying 3 weeks you certainly will see us at our best, but may also see that we're human and occassionally make mistakes. The staff, and Angela have seen your report and are all very appreciative to know they made a positive impact on your stay. Thank you so much for you business and we wish you great travels in your future. Sincerely, Dennis Miller, Dennis Miller, General manager.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Upon arriving Angela was great! She informed me of all the amenities and offered complimentary bottled water and snacks. I love the free breakfast in the morning. Makes wanting to get up early for it. I would like a waffle maker included in the breakfast too. Gym was ok.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest: we really value your business and your wonderful comments about Angela and our staff! Thank you! Our staff all try hard to be on top of things for our Guests. We're also glad that you enjoyed breakfast and want to add that a waffle maker is part of our daily breakfast buffet. If for any reason it was not available the morning you were here it was only temporary. We hope you'll be able to vist with us again. Please let us know how we can be of service. Sincerely, Dennis Miller, General Manager.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Looking for a last-minute room near the George Bush (Houston) Intercontinental Airport, I contacted this Holiday Inn around 10 pm via the kioski at baggage claim. I phoned them around 10 pm and they confirmed they had a room for me and would send the (free) shuttle to pick me up. By the time the shuttle left, it was full and there was a foreign male passenger on the bus chattering none-stop trying to talk the three flight attendants into working for an airline in UAE.

I mention this because when we arrived at the hotel to check-in, he went from happily chattering incessantly to throwing a fit at the female desk-clerk. I couldn't understand enough to know what it was that he was so upset about, but now matter how hard he pushed her buttons, she was completely professional and never lost her composure. (I paid as close attention as I could without drawing attention to myself because I might later be making a witness statement on her behalf to the police).

The desk clerk that checked me in was very friendly and professional, as were the other two desk clerks on duty. My room was typical of a Holiday Inn- comfortable bed with clean linens, big-screen tv, tidy bathroom complete with soap, shampoo and lotion. There was also the standard desk, dresser, etc, but I was most impressed with the extra outlets so that I could easily and quickly charge my electronic devices.

Overall I was very impressed with this place, and I would stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Dear Guest; Thank you so very much for staying with us and for the very nice comments about your stay. The electrical outlets are a recent addition near the desk and we're thrilled to know that this investment is valued by our Guests. We also appreciate hearing how well our staff took care of you. Thank you for your busienss and we hope we can be of service to you again. Sincerely, Dennis Miller, General Manager.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

We had eaten in the Restaurant on a previous trip, but never stayed here.

We regularly transit via Houston as it is usually easy for us to get to using Staff Travel and Interline flights

We were enroute back from Mexico to the UK and wanted to spend a night in Houston so we could hit the mall's for a shopping trip before heading home

After a tiring day, we arrived in Houston from Miami around 6pm.

We headed to the Fairmont Inn where we had stayed last time, stated we were previous guests and asked for a good rate

They wanted $125 + Tax

So we walked out - drove down the road and popped into the Holiday Inn

Ruby Parker and her male colleague (did not catch his name but on duty 8/24/13) were really helpful and got us a discount corporate rate linked to our company

We got a ground floor room which was basic but spacious with a massive bed

There was the usual Tea, coffee, TV etc

There was also free coffee in the lobby

There was good wifi (they give you a code)

We ate in the Good Eats restaurant attached to the hotel - Huge portions and really nice

As we were not sure where the Outlet Mall was (not shown on the map) ,we asked Ruby and colleague who kindly asked the night porter lady (who knew where it was).

They even printed us directions to help us get there

Even though it is close to the airport and planes bank overhead, we were so tired we slept the entire night - To be honest I don't recall any plane noise while in the room while we were awake

Did not use the pool or other facilities

Overall really nice staff in both the hotel and restaurant and look forward to staying here again soon

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guests; we're very glad that you found us and enjoyed your visit. Thank you also for the nice comments about our staff, Ruby and Carlos in particular. They do a nice job and I'm certain they will very pleased to know that they made a great impresssion. We hope you have excellent travels in the future and once again might be able to stay with us when in Houston. Sincerely, Dennis Miller, General Manager.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

I'd like to send a quick message letting you know how wonderfully I was treated by your employee Angela at the front desk. I'm a Carnival employee who will be away from home and on a ship for many months. She was kind enough to get me my own room so I could enjoy my last evening of peace for a while! I really appreciated it. Thank you Angela, you are a real treat, and made a day of traveling worth while!

- Amanda LeClaire

Room Tip: A hot tub!!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
HOUAP6804, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Dear Guest: thank you for taking the time to share your very nice comments about our staff member Angela. We are very fortunate to have her with us and glad that her efforts made a difference for you. We value your business and hope that you have 'smooth sailing' in your future and also might be able to stay with us again in the future.
Sincerely, Dennis Miller, General Manager.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

I'm glad this is a NO smoking Hotel but I hate that you have the smoking area at the main entrance of the Hotel! It's about 5 or more smokers at the front door makes me want to walk the other way & go some place else. PLEASE move the smoking area!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank 19CDWill

Dear Guest; we really appreciate your business and the very nice sentiments about our staff. We recognize that being a non-smoking hotel has been well received by most of our Guests. Even smokers often mention how much the prefer a smoke-free guest room. In that regard we can understand how smokers that stand to close to the entrance doors can be bothersome to other Guests. We will take a look into how we can 're-locate' the smokers to somewhere further away. We value your business very much and hope that this isolated challenge will not deter you from staying with us again.
Sincerely, Dennis Miller, General Manager.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We had to travel last minute for a family emergency. The staff was very efficient and courteous and was able to accommodate our specific needs without making it seem like is was an inconvenience. ( special thanks to LaShonda). The room was quiet, comfortable,and cool. I have paid more for much less. My only criticism would be that there was excessive dust and litter under the beds. I would be happy to stay there again. Prices in the on premise diner were better than most. Breakfast was great.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
HOUAP6804, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Dear Guests; thank you for finding us and staying with us. We're sorry that your travel plans had to be on an emergency basis, but very pleased that LaShonda and the team were able to take good care of you. We value your business and your comments and feedback and wish you only the best in your future travels. Sincerely, Dennis Miller, General Manager.