“Musty rooms, damp carpet”

Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport
Ranked #112 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We had 3 rooms at the hotel. 1 was ok the other 2 both smelled very musty and the carpets in those rooms were damp. I appreciate the fact that they probably just shampooed the carpet, but they shouldn't rent those rooms until the carpet is dry. AC also didn't seem to cool the room very good and it wasn't even one of the hottest Houston days when we were there. Rooms are large, bathroom is tiny. The restaurant attached to hotel (I can't remember name) was excellent for breakfast with eggs or omelets prepared to order. Seems like the Holiday Inn is probably a little older than nearby hotels, so book there instead. Almost forgot to mention there was garbage in the garbage can upon our arrival to 1 room.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
HOUAP6804, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Dear Guests, we value all feedback; the good and the opportunities for improvement. Certainly we were very glad to hear that your overall stay was positive and that you appreciated the staff's efforts, at the same time we recognize your observations and the opportunity we have to improve. We have already under taken steps to review and evaluate how we can better address carpet care without affecting our Guest's stay.
Please never hesitate to share comments as soon as possible during a stay as then we are best able to quickly attend to any short-coming and make it right with our Guests.
We appreciate your business and hope you will try us again. Sincerely, Dennis Miller, General Manager.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

Very convenient for IAH, the complimentary shuttle service was very prompt, room pleasant and clean and reasonably spacious, check in efficient. A good standard Holiday Inn, although the restaurant is mediocre.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
HOUAP6804, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Dear Guests; thank you staying with us and for providing the positive comments and rating. We're glad that we met your travel requirements and found our staff to be friendly and helpful. Thank you also for trying our Good Eats Grill. The restaurant staff tries really hard to take care of their customers in it's unique Texas style down-home setting. Its very popluar and perhaps we'll make a better impression on you the next time.
Thanks again for choosing to stay with us. We hope we can be of service to you again.
Sincerely, Dennis Miller, General Manager

Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

Unable to make my flight connection left me in Houston. The hotel is very clean and check-in was quickly accomplished. (Revision: Very smooth check in)
After a quick shower I tried to sleep but ALL 4 pillows on the king size bed were either hard or lumpy or both. (Management assures me the pillows are being
upgraded.) When I tried to dry my hair in the morning I found there wasn't a plug by the sink, and there was no hair dryer that I could find which would have been inconvenient if I hadn't had my own. (Management apologized for the lack of a hair dryer in the room which has a long enough cord to reach the plug).
The room was a good size and well arranged. The coffee maker and ice bucket were stored under the desk, making it difficult to find them easily. Except for the lack of a plug by the vanity, these are easy fixes.
I was impressed by the desk clerks professional handling of the many vouchered guests checking in late in the evening. Dennis Miller, the manager, replied to my original post and also to some additional comments. This attention to customer service will bring me back when the occasion permits.

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Guest: thank you very much for providing your feedback and revised rating. We value all guest comment, both the good and those that require improvement and we really appreciate your business. We hope that you have only great travels in your future and that we may once again be your host if ever again in Houston. Please let us know if we can be of service.
Sincerely, Dennis Miller, General Manager.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

United Airlines over booked our plane so we had to stay the night in Houston. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Intercontinental. We just wanted to say that La Shonda at the front desk was awesome. She was such a pleasure. She was very friendly, welcoming and professional. We are in the customer service industry and were very pleased with her. Holiday Inn should promote her and model all their employees behavior after La Shonda's. Thanks La Shonda for being awesome. Rich B

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest, thank you very much for taking the time to share the wonderful feedback about LaShonda at our front desk. She is a terrific person and a a recent winner of our Employee of the Month program. I know she will be even more motivated with your comments. We appreciate your business and hope we can be of service to you in the future.
Sincerely, Dennis Miller, General Manager.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice and both times has been great. On my last visit I was help upon check in by a young lady named Angela, she was an absolute pleasure to deal with. When greeted by customer service of her caliper the establishment feels welcoming. They have a great bar at this hotel and the bar tender is great. I travel to Houston often and will continue to make this hotel my base camp.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest; We really appreciate your business and for taking the time to share your wonderful comments about our staff. Thank you! We're very proud of Angela and I know that she and our bartender will both be very pleased to read your comments. We wish you continued smooth travels and hope that we will again be able to be your host when in Houston. Sincerely, Dennis Miller, General Manager.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

We arrived late in Houston for a nights stay prior to an early morning flight departure. Check-in was quick and painless thanks to the very attentive and pleasant Anna. She was very helpful and accommodating during our check-in giving us the rundown of the services available to us including the scheduled departure times of the shuttle service to the airport.

Thanks to Anna for making a very favorable impression of Holiday Inn and making our stay a welcome one.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest: Thank you very much for taking time to share your very positive coments about your stay and Anna in particular! She works very hard for her Guests, and I know she will be thrilled to know that she made a difference for you. We appreciate your business and hope we will always can be your host when visitng Houston.
Respectfully, Dennis Miller, General Manager.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

I stay at this hotel 3 to 4 nights every week for business. From the moment I walked in I received 5 star treatment with the utmost courtesy and professionalism. The front desk is always your first experience with any hotel, and the desk staff of Ruby,Shantee and Jessica would score a 10 star rating if I could give them that. They are always friendly,helpful and always smiling. The rooms are always clean and comfortable, the restaurant has wonderful food and the staff there will take care of your every need. The shuttle busses are new and very clean and they even take you to and from nearby Deerbrook Mall. I always enjoy my stay and highly recommend this home away from home..........

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Byron G
HOUAP6804, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Dera Guest; we truly appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and greatly appreciate hearing that our staff is taking great care of you. The staff normally understands that our Guests often wish they could be Home and try hard to make our Guest feel 'at Home' with their extra efforts and care. I'm glad it shows. We hope we will alwyas be your preferred hotel to stay and look forward to being of servcie to you again. Sincerely, Dennis Miller, General Manager.