“Help after a long flight”

Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport
Ranked #93 of 511 Hotels in Houston
Seattle, Washington
“Help after a long flight”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I had to spend the night in Houston (after spending several hours in another airport due to weather delays, on my way to Houston) rather than complete my trip home to Seattle, as I'd missed the last flight out. Anna (who worked at the hotel) gently pointed out that I actually had reservations at the Holiday Inn near Bush airport, offered to get me a taxi or help me find a room at the Holiday Inn Intercontinental at the best rate possible. It was great to have someone be so helpful when I was so tired and cranky. Turns out the room was great and the service was terrific -- thanks Anna & team!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
HOUAP6804, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Guest, we are are so glad to hear that Anna was able to help you after your difficult travel day. And that you enjoyed the room & service so much. Thank you for sharing. We will thank Anna and let others know of her efforts. We hope you will be able to visit us again in Houston, but we hope not due to a delayed flight. Good travels to you! Dennis Miller, General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Turkish first
Galveston, Texas
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I must say it's been quite some time since I stayed at a Holiday Inn. I happen to be here for a three day class. So far, the service around the hotel has been excellent as well as the food. All of the staff is very attentive and professional. They all smile and say hello, how are you and etc.
This is not my recollection of this chain in the past. So, something has been done right and I assure you it's management because that is all it can be.

They have a pool, tennis courts and a sand volley ball court.

So, Kudos to Holiday Inn at IAH Bush Airport Houston!!! I hope it is contagious.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest: Thank you! It was wonderful reading your very kind comments about the staff and their positive attitudes and service efforts. We have 150 employees and I'm very proud of the way they usually all pull together and stay focused on our Guests. As I share your comments with them I'm sure it will inspire them to continue their good efforts.
We appreciate your business and hope that you will have the opportunity to visit us again when in Houston. Respectfully, Dennis Miller, General Manager
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night at each end of an international trip. I found the hotel to be very comfortable and the rooms very clean and the air conditioning fantastic for June in Houston. As with all Holiday Inns there is no smoking but my travel companion had no trouble finding a nice relatively clean smoking area out to the left of front entrance that was very accessible. The Good Eats Restaurant was reasonable and the food was good. Breakfast was very good with a great choice of options. It was everything I wanted in an overnight hotel. The one thing that was annoying was the shuttle bus pick up from the airport. Upon arrival the first night in Houston I had to call the hotel 3 times and it took an hour and 15 minutes before we were picked up and it was hot with fuel vaports in the terminal. They did comp us a cocktail each. Upon returning to Houston at end of trip the shuttle was a little better as it took 45 minutes wait. Not sure what the problem is with that as they had two shuttles and they left from lobby on the half hour with no problems. I have to say I have had similar problems with the shuttles at Holiday Inn in Dulles also. All in all a good choice and I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest. We appreciate you taking time to share your comments about your recent stay. We also appreciate the overall good rating and compliments about the room cleanliness, the air conditioning and the favorable feedback about the Good Eats restaurant. I'm sorry that there was a shuttle delay on your pick up. It is a very large and crazy airport and the drivers overall try hard to do a good job, but if ever we fail to pick up up within 20 minutes you're welcome to take a cab and we'll pay the fare, no questions asked. I'm glad that the returns to the airport have all been right on time. We hope you'll continue to stay with us when in Houston. Thank you!
Sincerely, Dennis Miller, General Manager
LA
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Dear Mr General Manager first I would like to say thank you for giving our crew a great hotel to lay our head down to rest. I've been to many hotels in Houston and I can say this is far the best hotel. The housekeeping staff does their very best to keep the noise down while we are resting; personally I have not had the opportunity to enjoy your restaurant however other crew members rave on the food and service. As you know there is always one bad apple that can mess up your image and service. I like to give positive and negative feedback with my reviews. I would like to bring to your attention an area that needs some major regrouping. As you know the first impression and the last impression goes a long way. Your front office staff needs a lot of polishing, the young ladies that service your first shift needs major attitude adjustment; personal appearance (maybe even new uniforms); I was surprised to see that your staff member Jessica is allowed to work with love bites around her neck, they were so large and noticeable, it was so unattractive and unprofessional; that I did not want her to check me in. For the last month I've stayed at your hotel and each time this girl continues to have love bites around her neck. Not sure what your policy maybe but in our industry there is a no tolerant policy. Jessica attitude is poor and does not attend to our needs, she is not friendly and is on a personal phone conversation while checking me into the hotel. Not to mention at check out her attitude is worse. Like I said you have many great values and staff don't let one bad apple destroy your image. CptCrew

Room Tip: Great location and clean hotel.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank CptCrew S
Dear Guest; thank you for the nice rating and overall positive comments. We value your business and feedback very much. We have shared your compliments to the housekeeping & Good Eats staffs. I'm sure it will inspire them to continue their efforts. Regards the front desk, please be assurred that no employee will long be allowed to continue working here that does not provide a proper service attitude for our Guests. Discussions will or have taken place and we hope that in due course you will continue to see a great attitide overall from our team. Thank you again!
Sincerely, Dennis Miller, General Manager.
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Despite the fact our GPS led us somewhere else (we found the right address after we asked at some other hotel, the receptionist explained to us it happens quite often), we were pleasantly surprised about the hotel. Great service in the front desk, room spacious, comfortable, quiet, nice pool right outside. The restaurant at the hotel was very good and large portions. Overall, very nice and recommend definitely to those who want to stay close to the airport.

Room Tip: we stayed the side where pool is situated and it was very quiet
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
HOUAP6804, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Guest, we're so glad that you found us and that we met all your needs! We really appreciate hearing the good comments and seeing the good rating. We always value feedback and share with our staff. I know seeing yours favorable remarks will continue to inspire the team. Thank you, and great travel to you always!
Sincerely, Dennis Miller, General Manager
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stayed in this hotel as I had to attend a conference taking place at the same venue.

Their is nothing great about this place except its location close to IAH airport.

Lets go to the positives first :-

1. Good location, lot of parking space.

2. The staff at the restaurant is very polite and try their very best to give good service

3. The room is adequate. Nothing great.

4. Bed is comfortable.

5. Good flow of water in shower and lot of hot water.

6. Open cupboard type, adequate.

7. Iron, Ironing board available.

8. I expressed my dissatisfaction on check-out, the lady checking me out gave me a complimentary breakfast, which means did not charge me about 15 ~20 usd. Appreciated.

9.Room is noise free. Love this feature.

10. The hotel had facility to keep your luggage, after yr check-out . Loved this feature.

Lets go to the glitches

1. Terrible wi-fi. It seemed to drop every minute. It was not steady anywhere on the premises. Very frustrating.

2. The check in was horrible. I had to wait till almost 4.30 pm to be checked in. Apparently, the room was not ready. I was very frustrated as I had come from a long flight.

3. The bathroom was very very average and a bit sordid.

4. The hotel itself did not have a posh feel considering, I paid 200 usd/night. I have stayed in many better hotels in Houston. Many of them are much more pretty and much better service, and cheaper.

I might stay there again to attend a conference next year but I do not recommend it and if I have a choice, I would probably avoid it. However, its liveable!

Room Tip: No tips, ask for a room away from elevator
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Sally M
HOUAP6804, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Guest, thank you for taking time to share your feedback on your recent stay. We appreciated seeing your top ten favorable things that you liked about the hotel, including mention of our friendly staff. However we are concerned and wish to apologize for the delay on your check-in and also to hear about your internet challenge. We hope you let us know while you were here so we could make it right for you to the best of our ability. The internet system is always being evaluated to keep up with the growing IT demands & upgrades. Thank you for staying with us. Based on all the positives, we hope you might try us again in the future.
Sincerely, Dennis Miller, General Manager.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Best check in experience I've ever had with Ruby making me feel right at home and offering the priority club welcome! Love the enhusiam to set the tone for the stay. Rooms are updated, look nice, and mine was spotless. Been using this hotel for years and they seem to keep trying to do better. Restaurant is trying, some dishes seem home made. Server knowledge slightly lacking. "Any beers brewed in Texas?" "I don't know". Okay, that's fine, still on par with TGI Fridays, etc..., and still a good stay.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank ssracer
HOUAP6804, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Guest; Thank you very much for taking time to share your comments and favorable rating. We really appreciate your loyalty to our brand and hotel. We also appreciate hearing the compliments about our staff. Please be assurred that Ruby will be recognized for her efforts. I hope you always have smooth travels and again will stay with us when visiting the Houston area. (and we're already revewing the TX beers and wines with the Good Eats staff- we have several)) thanks for letting us know! Sincerely, Dennis Miller, General Manager