“Staffed to make a difference”

Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport
Ranked #111 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed May 13, 2013

This is a busy hotel but is staffed with individuals that made it seem like I was a critical customer.
Food in the restaurant was good and the breakfast buffet had a nice selection. Most importantly, the rooms are quiet despite the proximity to the airport and well insulated from adjacent rooms. A better value than many of the more expensive hotels that I've stayed at.

Room Tip: Bring a swim suit as the pool looked fantastic.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
HOUAP6804, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Dear Guest, thank you very much for the wonderful rating and comments. We appreciate that you took the time to share. We try aour best to be responsive to changes in our business levels and in this case we're glad it showed. We hope we'll be able to be your host again in the future. Sincerely, Dennis Miller, General Manager

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Restaurant closes early so not good for late night check in. Hotel is huge so expect lines at front desk. Rooms were recently renovated and are good size. Shuttle service is good, every 30 mins but since its such a busy hotel, lines for the shuttle are very long!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Cregs1976

Dear Guest: we're glad that you found our hotel during your trip. We appreciate your business and sharing your very nice comments about our staff and hotel. Thank you! and we hope you'll be able to visit with us again here in Houston.
Sincerely, Dennis Miller, General Manager

Reviewed May 8, 2013

I stayed one night here due to an early am departure to New Orleans and had an airport shuttle service. Interior decor tired could do with a fresh paint and carpets, reception also tired but staff very friendly and obliging upon check in and departure and in between. As Priority Club member received complimentary bottles of water and snacks upon arrival, door handle to room opens in reverse which strange experience as would not open in the usual manner. Southwest color scheme which one night was enough to look at it, bar dining area v. busy with travellers definitely a transit hotel not for long holiday stays!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Dear Guest, thank you for the nice comments about our staff. I'm glad they were friendly and helpful. We appreciate your feedback. The door handle was identified for opening only in the 'up' manner and needed a replacement part. Our staff should have noticed this and had it corrected before you arrived. My apologies for the inconveninece. We'll review this again and try to avoid any similar issue for future guests. We hope the overall attention by our staff will encourage you to visit with us again. Sincerely, Dennis Miller, General Manager

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Hotel is very convenient to the International Airport.
Food is fantastic
Service is great....but most of all.
The front desk laides are some of the friendliest ever, and my guess is because they have one super terrific lady behind them all the way. Anna Gallardo! Need I say anything more.
She is by far one of the nicest and kindest ladies I've ever had the opportunity to meet.
She is and always has been very accomodating, to me, in every way. I believe she treats everyone the same way as she treats me, on short notice most times, and is always so pleased to help anyway she can. This hotel is very lucky to have her as she makes the stay so much more pleasant when being away from home.
Anna Gallardo, you've got my vote and I'm a huge fan. You've created a beautiful staff and I love being a part of the Holiday Inn family.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
HOUAP6804, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Dear Guest; it was a pleasure to read your outstanding feedback about our staff and Anna in particular. We've shared this with her and it pleased her very much to know that guests notice. I'm sure it helps motivate her even more to be of service to our valued guests. Thank you for taking the time to share. We really appreciate your business and hope we'll always be your hotel of choice in Houston. Sincerely, Dennis Miller, General Manager.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

I honestly don't remember the last time I stayed at a Holiday Inn, so checked into this hotel with an open mind. The first impression one gets is "blah". It's not nice, it's not terrible. It's just blah. I found the front desk to be pretty pleasant and courteous, and there is a spacious lobby with all sorts of hanging out and work spaces. There is a decent fitness center and overall the first floor provided a pretty good initial impression.

Then I headed for my room. The hallways are long and a bit worn out. My room was very dark, with a creepy striped brown/orange carpet. The dark decor (burnt orange, light orange, browns and tans) were not appealing at all, and the open closet (i.e. no doors) just gave the place a motel feel. The air conditioner blared too loudly when it was on, and when it wasn't you could hear your neighbor's unit going on and off. On the plus side there is plenty of workspace and the wifi in my room worked (although a colleague down the hall reported very spotty coverage).

There's a Good Eats downstairs. The food is similarly blah, just nothing to recommend or not recommend about it. Service is passably decent but it just seem like its standards (for service or the food) is particularly high.

This place is okay for a one-night stay, but if you need to stay longer try the Fairfield, Springhill or Doubletree on the same street.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest; thank you for trying Holiday Inn again. We appreciated the nice compliments mixed in with your suggestions for improvement. The staff tries hard to earn good comments like 'pleasant & courteous staff', 'good wi-fi', 'good fitness center', and such, while we have to understand our limitations in areas we cannot much change, such as carpet colors or the length of the halls. Good Eats grill is very popular with the locals as a 'down-home' casual restaurant w/over 40 entrees, but we recognize that it doesn't fit for every one. Holiday Inns around the country have many similarities but some differences. We hope your experience here will encourage you to try the brand in other locations. Respectfully, Dennis Miller, General Manager.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Very busy when we arrived. Front desk personnel were very friendly. Slight problem with our room and when I went back down Carlos and Lillian who had checked us in were very helpful. We were immediatley given a new room and also some complimetary drinks at the Restaurant. They were very accomidating. Drinks were much appreciated as we also ordered dinner after our long day. Food and service was wonderful. My traveling companions all got steak dinners and I ordered Chicken Fried Steak. It was the best I have ever had. We had a brand new waitress and she was awesome, I think her name was Felisha, Sorry if I didn't get that right. Free shuttle to and from the airport. Only problem with that was that there are several Holiday Inn's and Holiday Inn Express and we were taken to an express at first. Our driver was very kind and came back to pick us up and instead of taking us back to the airport to wait again for the correct bus, he took us directly to our correct hotel. I'm just sorry I didn't get his name. He was so upset that he had taken us to the wrong hotel in the first place, that he wanted to make it right. Holiday Inn has some very thoughtful employees. For the most part we found the hotel to be comfortable and clean for our one nite stay. The pool looked very clean even though we didn't use it. Big lobby and computer area off lobby. Before we left we went back down to the restaurant for breakfast. We had the buffet and it was very good. Cooked to order eggs, or omelets. I would go back again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank acojuls

Dear Guests, we were so pleased to know that our staff made you feel welcomed and appreciated on your travel. We especially appreciated hearing the nice comments about Carlos & Lillian. They are both normally very caring and professional in their efforts. We have shared you compliments with them. We hope you that you always have great travels and can again stay with us when passing through Houston. Sincerely, Dennis Miller, General Manager.

Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

I've been here a couple of times already. Front desk is always friendly. Rooms are decent and you can do laundry downstairs. Lobby is big enough that I could meet people and have small meetings at tables there. Internet is good my first stay but too weak signal my second stay (I guess I was far away from the wifi router).

• Stayed: April 2013
HOUAP6804, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear Guest; thank you for the nice comments about our staff and the good rating. We really appreciate your business. Thank you also for mentioning the wireless internet. We are glad it was excellent on your previous visit, however, we are always looking for ways to improve. We will attempt to identify the location of your most recent visit and look at options available to improve. Thanks again for staying with us. We hope we'll be your host again in the future. Sincerely, Dennis Miller, General Manager