We stayed at this hotel for one night because we had a layover at the Houston airport. I'm glad we only paid the reduced hotwire price because it certainly isn't worth the regular price. The airport shuttle was important to us, but when we tried to call them from the phone at the airport they would not answer the phone. Another customer was also trying to reach them on his cell phone and also could not get through. I finally just let the phone ring and ring for about 10 minutes. Once they finally picked up the phone they told us the shuttle would be there in 15 minutes - and it was. When we got to the hotel I realized why it took them so long to pick up the phone. Only two people were working on the front desk and they were very busy checking people in. They needed more people working or maybe someone else should be responsible for answering the shuttle phone. The shuttle GOING to the airport is much better as it leaves every half an hour starting at 4:30 so that was very convenient. The hotel restaurant was decent and the service in the restaurant was very good.
The room was VERY noisy. The heater/airconditioning unit was very loud and clunked on and off all night (not consistent white noise). Our room was on the front of the hotel and there was a lot of street noise and then noise from people outside waiting for the shuttle starting around 5:00. I basically got no sleep and we took the 6:00 shuttle to the airport (instead of the planned 7:00) just to get out of there.
If your purpose is to get a good sleep before a long flight, don't stay here. Maybe rooms at the back of the hotel are better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience relaxation and renewal at the newly renovated Holiday Inn hotel in Houston, Texas.With a casually sophisticated atmosphere, first-rate facilities and a welcoming staff, Holiday Inn Houston - Intercontinental Airport Hotel offers the very best in Texas accommodations. Leisure and business travelers alike will appreciate our Houston hotel's convenient location off I-45 and Beltway 8 as well as our complimentary shuttle services to the IAH Airport, which make transportation trouble-free during your stay.These modern accommodations provide easy access to many popular attractions, including H&H Ranch, the Astrodome, Sam Houston Race Park and SplashTown Houston. Our hotel is close to great shopping at Deerbrook Mall and the famous Houston Galleria, as well.Lodging at our upscale Houston hotel provides corporate travelers with top business services like a 24-hour business center, free Wi-Fi and flexible meeting space. From a beautiful ballroom to an intimate boardroom, we have the perfect facilities for your next Houston event. Our accommodations are also near major corporations like Halliburton, Continental Airlines, ExxonMobil and Nat'l Oilwell Varco.We go beyond ordinary Houston hotels to offer the best in traditional hotel hospitality and services. Relax in the outdoor pool and enjoy your favorite comfort foods at our ranch-style restaurant. Discover premium comfort and affordable rates at the Holiday Inn Hotel in Houston, Texas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Splitty, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport Hotel Houston
- Intercontinental Houston Airport