Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport
$127
$239
Preferred Hotels
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks(Houston)(Great Value!)
$99
$219
$209
$85
$184
$169
$169
  • Pool
Omni Houston Hotel Westside(Houston)(Great Value!)
$159
$149
$105
galahotels.com
  • Pool
All reviewsgood eatsfront deskbetween flightsintercontinental airportshort stayfree shuttlebooked this hoteliahairline
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I would rate it as zero if possible! Too expensive fr the quality!
We waited 30 minutes for the stupid shuttle to arrive and pick us up from the airport (it takes only 10 minutes to the hotel) and it happened because they have only one shuttle. The lady kept saying that it will be there in 5 minutes and we were standing outside in the cold weather. And we arrived NOT a single word of we're sorry!!!
Room was OK but the PILLOWS were not actually pillows. They were more like small decorative cushions you put on your bed when not using it. Awe-full and uncomfortable! I would not call it a *** hotel!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mana D
HOUAP6804, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Dear Guest: Thank you for letting us know about the difficulties surrounding your stay- particularly the shuttle & the room pillows>We should have had two drivers, and if over 20 minutes delay we are to offer to pay a cab for you. These are standards and I'm very sorry that we did not get it right. Regards the pillows, The 20X24 pillows are Holiday Inn standard, 4 per bed with two being soft and two being firm pillows. In addtion we have a pillow menu. Located in the directory we list three other types of pillows that can be delivered for your comfort. I hope you'll forgive us and try us again. Sincerely, Dennis Miller, General Manager

Reviewed January 6, 2013

There were really only two things that were average about this hotel, the bed and the TV. Everything else was below average. Cold water in the shower, which looked like it hadn't had a proper cleaning ever. Room decor was out of the '60s. Since we were only there overnight to catch an early flight out of IAH it was fine, and the price was reasonable, it served the purpose, but we won't be back. There are other SPG properties, including right next door, that are newer and probably much better.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest; Thank you for your feedback. While we're glad the bed and TV met your satisfaction I wish to apologize for the issues with the water, cleaning & decor. Having recently had all three boilers given their annual check up, we are disappointed to hear this- I hope you let us know the room number so we could identify & check this closer and also about the cleaning so we can check & correct any particular room cleaning. As with the decor, our designer did take a 60's/70's theme (plus airplanes) with freash modern colors- and while liked by many, we understand that it can be controversial. I hope you might try us again. We appreciate your business. Respectfully, Dennis Miller, General Manager.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Nothing special about this Hotel. They seems a bit overwhelmed by the number of people staying there. I stayed here because of a ftlight delay which they seem to get alot of customers from the airlines. In the room was a sign saying they had toothbrushes but at the desk they said they had been out for a few days, next day none again. Wifi is spotty, shower/tub plumbing was in poor repair. The room was clean and comfortable. The exercise room was nice and the out door pool looked good too. Resturant food was run of the mill, served day old rolls and freezer burnt butter, main course was better.
I would not choose to stay here but with the airline paying for the room it was acceptable.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo

Dear Guest; we appreciate your feedback and glad to learn that many aspects of your stay were good. However, we also appreciate you sharing that some nights such as yours, when we receive delayed airline guests that it can sometimes be a bit hectic. We have continguency plans in place to help displaced travelers when this occurs and will continue to look for ways to respond better. Sincerely, Dennis Miller, General Manager

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Ended up in Houston on a flight delay, needed a place close to the airport to sleep at, to make an early departure the following morning.

Requested by hotel to call them when I arrived to ask for shuttle (was late arrival) and inform them of the terminal we arrived at. Shuttle arrived 12 minutes after I called, not bad. Normal shuttle service from hotel is 30 minute intervals starting @ 430 AM. Not sure when regular service ends, but must be after 11 as we were that late.

Check-in was fine, gentleman was polite, quick and efficient, asked me if I was a Priority Club member. Offered me a breakfast coupon, but I could not use as they didnt open until 6AM and I was leaving @ 530. Also offered me a goody bag with 2 waters and 2 snacks.

Arrived at room (#176) at the end of a wing. Was not impressed overall. Room was clean. Bed and pillows were very good. Room temp/control was fine. This particular room was adjacent to the elevator, VERY NOISY. The wireless service was horribly slow. Rooms and hotel in general would benefit from some renovation as the design appears dated. It was late and I only had about 5 hours of sleep ahead of me so I put a pillow over my head and went to bed. There are a lot of options on this street for lodging, not sure about the others but might try something else next time.

Room Tip: Do not get a room ending in '76 or '77
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank BeachLeech
HOUAP6804, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Dear Guest, thank you for the overall good comments. We appreciate hearing that our front desk was polite, recognized your membership status and that both the check in & shuttle service was quick. We're also glad to hear that the room was clean and comfortable, however, we apologize for the noise from a nearby elevator. We have noted this room with our staff and will try to limit selling this particular room in the future. We appreciate your business.
Sincerely, Dennis Miller, General Manager

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Stayed about a week here , good comfortable hotel, great shuttle service
Attached bar restaurant was good value , enjoyed the zindfel wine one evening.
Very at tentative staff , will stay here again
Only downside is the location if you don't drive nowhere to go , guess that's the us rather than the hotel

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
HOUAP6804, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Dear Guest, it was a pleasure to read your nice review. We're glad the staff was very attentive, the hotel comfortable and the shuttle was great. Being away from home for over a week can be challenging but we're pleased to hear we came through for you and made your visit comfortable. Thank you! hope you'll have a chance to stay with us again.
Sincerely, Dennis Miller, General Manager.