“Don't rely on the airport shuttle”

Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport
Ranked #99 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Don't rely on the airport shuttle”
Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

Over all good hotel. But if you need to get to your airport transportation you may want to look some where else . I waited for pick up for an hour..then late getting to the airport. ThinK
taxi instead..

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Eric O
HOUAP6804, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear Guests; I'm glad that you overall found the hotel to be very good and we appreciate the 4 rating. However, I apologize for the shuttle delay. Clearly there was some mistake or misunderstanding. Our policy is that if a guest calls back after waiting 20 minutes, unless the shuttle is verified to be within a minute or so of arrival, we will gladly pay a cab fare to speed you to the hotel. It's a large airport with mutiple terminals and exits and this can sometimes lead to missed connections. I hope the delay this time will not otherwise keep you from staying with us again. With respect, Dennis Miller, General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed in other holiday inn's before so I was concerned about the reviews posted.
The bed bug comments are all true. A group of us had 3 to 4 rooms where we found bed bugs. After discussions with the hotel, they offered to wash the clothes and luggage and offered other rooms. However if we would have stayed quiet, nothing would have happened. No initiative from the hotel regarding bed bugs. Time for a deep cleaning of all rooms. My room was fairly cleaned everyday, but for some reason the bathroom was never "detailed" cleaned. If the bathtub was cleaned. Then then soap dish was not or the uses bottles of shampoo were left where I left them. Sometimes I only had two shampoos and one conditioner. The front desk staff was completely average. No smiles or worked at their own pace. The shuttle service was slow. They needed more drivers or altered their schedules to accommodate the high demanded hours and service, especially to the airport. I don't know I think I was expecting more.

The location and sizes of the room were good. The complimentary service to the mall and Walmart were greatly appreciated. Coin laundry was great. The restaurant "good eats" had better staff service. The housekeeping dept always greeted guests in the hallway ( that is nice).

If I had to come back again, it will have to be because my company is paying for it. I am concerned of the bed bug situation and by the multiple comments, it probably won't stop until the hotel takes care of it

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank CecibelB
Dear Guest; Thank you for your feedback and 3 rating. Regards the issues mentioned, it’s important, to clarify what appear to be some misunderstandings. As we tried to explain, the rooms were thoroughly inspected by our professional pest control provider and NO pests of any kind were found. As BBs don’t just up and disappear, if there, then they would still be there, and we wouldn’t lie to you. I understand there’s heightened concern around the country these days regard bed bugs that turn up in the work place, hotels, offices, & even airplanes. We listened, responded by trying to be empathetic and helpful, and to allay your concerns we agreed to wash your clothing plus provide different rooms.
As for the daily room cleaning, this was addressed at the beginning of your multiple week stay, and as per your company contract, your rooms are cleaned ‘lite touch’ daily with a complete cleaning once per week, barring ‘do not disturb’ signs. However, even here we are willing, if asked, to provide extra assistance. Seeing as you stayed over several weeks, and based on the overall 3 rating, I hope it’s indication that we otherwise showed evidence of our sincere service intention.
Respectfully, Dennis Miller, General Manager.
Paris, France
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We stayed at this hotel overnight while waiting for a very early flight out the next day. Staff were friendly and helpful, room was a very good size, beds were comfortable. The kids enjoyed the outdoor pool (even in October!). We were able to get a shuttle back to the airport at 4:30 a.m. the next day and arrived in plenty of time for our flight, and with express check-out, didn't have to spend any time at the desk checking out before leaving, just turn in the keys.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
HOUAP6804, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear Guests; Thank you so much for the wonderful review. I'm so glad that you found the staff friendly and helpful, the shuttle service perfect, and the room and amenities to be very good. Thank you! I hope you can visit us again and have happy travels always.
Sincerely, Dennis Miller, General Manager.
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Got there in the evening, got a dirty room.
After wait, very nice front desk gives me new room key and says; check this one...not su funny when you find out they're actually not sure!
poor water pressure, annoying.
Will i go back? No

Room Tip: RW to another...last thing you want is to have to deal with issues
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Warrior2Warrior
HOUAP6804, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear Guest; thank you for taking tiome to share your views from your stay. Please accept my apology for the issues. Clearly we should be and certainly try to be better than this. You can be assurred that we will discuss, learn and improve ifrom your feedback. I sincerely hope you will consider staying with us again. Respectfully, Dennis Miller, General Manager
Lihue, Hawaii
Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

Aloha I would like to say my stay was very excellent staff was friendly and very helpful I work for the airlines so check in was very fast the staff was very accommodating I even got to have breakfast well I wait for my room to be ready from an 9hour flight from Honolulu
I would highly reccomend anyone to stay here

• Stayed September 2012
HOUAP6804, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear Guest, I'm so glad that we provided very good service for you and that you'll recommend us! The staff will greatly appreciate hearing the positive remarks. Hope you always have good travels and perhaps can stay with us again.
Sincerely, Dennis Miller, General Manager
British Columbia
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We had to overnight near Houston Intercontinental Airport, and picked this hotel even though it has checkered reviews. A good basic hotel that served all of our needs for the night and the next morning.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
HOUAP6804, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear Guests; Thank you very much for taking the time to respond with such a nice review. I'm glad you enjoyed our facility and staff. The staff all try very hard to please, Here's hoping you always have great travels. Sincerely, Dennis Miller, General Manager
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I did not choose to stay at this hotel. My room was compliments of United Airlines due to mechanical problems and missing connecting flight. Front desk was very backed up and there were just 2 (or3?) representatives. I am sure it was other people checking in for the same reason. The hotel has an odd layout. I think there were five floors, but a lot of rooms so the halls were very long and my room could not have been further away from the front desk. However, the bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was updated and attractive. The hotel definitely needs some updates, but it was not bad for a night between flights. The restaurant was convenient and I would say just okay--particularly if you're hungary.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
HOUAP6804, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Dear Guests, I'm glad we were convenient and could help you on a night that the airline had difficulty. Also that you found the bed very comfortable and the bathroom updated. You are correct in that some of our hallways are a bit long, but little we can with that. Under different circumstances we can arrange for special requests to be in a room more toward the lobby.
I hope you can stay with us again, but not due to an arline issue.
Sincerely, Dennis Miller, General Manager.