“Nice clean rooms with kitchen”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Bush IAH South
Ranked #79 of 511 Hotels in Houston
Lufkin, Texas
“Nice clean rooms with kitchen”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Nice clean rooms with kitchen and free parking for up to two weeks.Complimentary shuttle to IAH/Bush Airport. Basically, your stay is free if you consider the parking fees at local car parks and your travel is for ten or so days. Also, parking lot car safety is not guaranteed, but the parking is well monitored by the hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms are fine, but I prefer downstairs.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank bquillin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Oak Lawn, Illinois
Reviewed August 5, 2013

my son and his cousin spent the weekend in houston, i registered them at la quinta since i have always consistently have had wonderful experiences with la quinta hotels. any la quinta i have stayed at has been very clean, the staff has been courteous and very accommodating. my son and his cousin came back and gave me the scoop...and my son always tells it like it is..very clean, very friendly staff and excellent service. the staff was on top of their game, making sure that every request that they could fulfill was met. i spoke to adrianna a few times while in process of making the reservation and she answered all my questions quickly. she made me feel very well informed and secure in making la quinta my choice for their stay as location and service, particularly the shuttle service to and from the airport was very important to me. when i called before my son and his cousin departed to make "sure" they were logged on the shuttle pick up list, tracy immediately assured me they were she already knew. she too is on top of her game i was very pleased with the attention to detail and customer's needs and will very likely make la quinta inn houston bush iah south our hotel of choice whenever we visit!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jaliscobb
Jacksonville, Texas
Reviewed July 30, 2013

While awaiting a flight to Cozumel, the wife and I wanted to stay at a hotel close to the airport. I actually tried some other hotels near the airport but all were booked, so I took a chance that La Quinta would have a place. Sure enough they did and we checked in the afternoon before our flight. Our room rate was very inexpensive and the room was great. They left extra towels and pillows as we had requested and the room was nice and clean. It was actually very quiet as well, even being close to the airport. We found that we could leave our car in the hotel parking lot while we were gone.......and for free! Don't find that little benefit at many hotels anymore. There was also a shuttle to take us to the airport and also pick us up upon our return. Both trips worked very well and we didn't have to spend a long time waiting around. The continental breakfast was very good and did the trick until we caught our flight and had a hot meal. Overall La Quinta was worth the money, had excellent service and very nice accomodations. Will stay here again on our next trip out. Oh yes, elevators on the ends of the building, not in the center.......and no ice or vending machines on every floor.

Room Tip: Don't think it matters, but the elevators are at the ends of the building.......not in the cente...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank gigem74
SF bay area
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I had read the positive reviews for La Quinta and decided to stay here during our 12-hour layover in Houston. I was still pleasantly surprised. The hotel was very clean and spacious. The beds were firm and comfortable. I agree with the last reviewer about noise from the hallway (we heard a child crying and a dog barking in the morning!), but I don't know how much sound proofing is possible other than a layout that puts the entry door away from the bedroom... Couple of notes - the front staff was very nice, but had assigned a room close to the lobby. I asked to move rooms since clearly the hotel was not full on a hot night in July, and was then assigned a great room on the second floor. Also, the taxi ride from the International arrivals section at IAH to La Quinta was $13.99. There was no taxi waiting when we arrived at 1:30am, but there was a phone to call a dispatcher and a taxi came within 5 minutes.

Room Tip: Ask for a 2nd floor room
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Bay_Area_native85
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I were on a trip to Central America that necessitated an overnight stay in Houston. After looking at various airport hotels, La Quinta looked the best value for money.

Easy shuttle to the hotel and back to airport next morning. Friendly staff. Comfortable clean room. Only negative was the lack of sound barrier to the hallway.

I would recommend this to anyone laying over at IAH

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Churchie11
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Staff was amazing. First young woman at check-in helped us get the best rate from among our different loyalty programs, then gave us a quick run down on what places were available for a good dinner at a decent price. She even helped us to navigate the bus system into downtown Houston. Nice quiet, clean room with a refrigerator if you need to keep things chilled. The morning breakfast helped us get out on time and we had more help from the staff when the lady tending the breakfast bar overheard my boyfriend looking for his favorite yogurt flavor she went back and got it for him. Check out a breeze and airport less than 15 minutes away.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mio19
Also consider these accommodations in or near Houston
Hampton Inn & Suites Houston-Bush Intercontinental Airport
Best Western Plus JFK Inn & Suites
La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Bush Intl Airport E
Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport
SpringHill Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport
Sheraton North Houston at George Bush Intercontinental

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Bush IAH South? Share your experiences!