“Cruise layover”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Bush IAH South
Ranked #84 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Very convenient to stay before and after a cruise. Sooo close to the airport. Everything was clean and, important to us, was the very comfortable bed- not too hard for me or too soft for my husband. The staff was so friendly and helpful- quick check in and out. Knowledgeable about the area and never acted put out by all of our questions. The shuttle service worked out fine too. About a 10-15 wait to be picked up at the airport. And on the way back the shuttle ran every half hour. One of the big drawbacks though was no restaurant on the property- except for the breakfast buffet, it was good but I missed hot eggs and meat. They had hard boiled eggs and "pigs in a blanket" along with toast, muffins, cereals, juice, make your own hot waffles. There were many nearby hotels that did have restaurants though and you could walk to many of them. We walked to the Holiday Inn our first night and the food was good. The second night we went to the Sheraton and it was good also. Ask for a room away from the elevator as you hear a lot of noise from that as people get on and off. One of the rooms we stayed in we wanted to use the refrigerator- it was so iced up that it was not working well at all- we put our drinks in the ice bucket instead. One night there was a problem with some middle of the night arrivals, with young kids in tow, and they were quite noisy. After giving them about an hour to settle/quiet down we had to call the front desk and complain. I don't know what the staff did but it got quiet shortly after our call. The pool/hot tub was quite lovely with gardens all around. We did use the hot tub one evening. It was hot enough but could have been cleaner. There had been some heavy winds the day before so there were leaves in the pool and hot tub. And the sides of the tub needed to be scrubbed down. I didn't notice this till I'd already gotten in or I probably would have skipped it. Thanks especially to Tomeka and Jonathan for their great service!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from elevators, stairs, kitchen/breakfast prep area. And ask for a room that fa...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Aside from the fact that it is close to the airport and sensibly priced, there is not much good to say about this place. The rooms are adequate but not attractive, the coffee maker is a joke and the AC is noisy and difficult to adjust. Good bed, though. The bathroom doors could not be properly closed! The worst is the internet which is definitely not high speed. The staff in the reception needs to learn to smile and the breakfast was poor at best. I´ll only return if other hotels and inns in the neighborhood are full.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank brutusOslo
A TripAdvisor Member
Woonsocket, Rhode Island, USA
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Staying at La Quinta is probably the best decision a traveller could make. The price was almost inconceivably low. The location was extremely close to the airport other hotels and a good number or eateries. The shuttle service was fast, efficient and definitely "tip-worthy" and staying at La Quinta is definitely something I wouldn't think twice about. My room and bathroom were clean, the beds were comfortable and the continental breakfast was reasonable considering it was free. Employees were friendly and helpful, especially Jonathan whom was the receptionist during my stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Given a choice, I will pick La Quinta wherever I go. The most important thing to me is the pleasantness and helpfulness of the staff. Everyone offers to help. The Breakfast is always fresh, with several different choices.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 17, 2013

If you are like us and need to spend the night at IAH but don't want to pay the price that the Marriott in the airport charges, this is a great alternative. We were hesitant because we didn't want to rely on a shuttle service that might cause us a delay, but it worked out just perfectly. The shuttle picked us up promptly after we arrived and it was a very short ride to the hotel. The room was quiet and comfortable and we slept well. Since we had an early flight, we had to leave before breakfast officially started, but they made sure that there was food available for us even so. The morning shuttle left right on time and got us to our flight with plenty of time to spare. Everyone was very helpful, and the accommodations were very good and still reasonably priced.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
A TripAdvisor Member
Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We called at 7:30 It's a 10 minute drive. Called again at 8:10. Arrived at 8:30. This was March 10th 2013. The driver didn't say he was sorry or anything. I complained to him and he said that he may have just left the airport and when he got back he would have got the message. That would still be just a 20 to 25 minute drive or 30 minutes at the most. We had a four year old and it was the best situation for us. Other than that we enjoyed our stay there. The people inside were very nice and we were treated great. If the driver would have said he was sorry for the wait it would have really helped. We were frustrated so we needed alittle pampering instead of an excuse.I don't have anything more to say but I have to get this up to 200 words so it will take my review so I keep rambling on. I don't want to go back and count the words so I hope the red goes away real soon. Why 200 words?

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
A La Quinta traveler
Lake Jackson, Texas, USA
Reviewed March 8, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Also consider these accommodations in or near Houston
Hampton Inn & Suites Houston-Bush Intercontinental Airport
Best Western Plus JFK Inn & Suites
La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Bush Intl Airport E
Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport
SpringHill Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport
Doubletree Houston Intercontinental Airport

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Bush IAH South? Share your experiences!