“Well the lobby is nice...”

Crowne Plaza Houston Near Reliant - Medical
Ranked #360 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I knew that the revews were mixed at this hotel but I was in Houston for a meeting and I got a room at the decent price. When I first walked into the hotel, I thought this is not so bad. The lobby is very nice. They also have a bar off the lobby that seemed nice, however I did not have time to visit it. I checked in and the person working the front desk gave me directions to building three. They really need a map because after the long set of directions I had to ask if my room was in the same zip code as the rest of the hotel. I actually found the room easily and it overlooked the pool. The basic finishes, bed linens, chairs, tv, and such were OK, but the structure was a bit worse for wear. The term lipstick on a pig stands out. I had a hard time cooling off the room. The AC just didn't seem to go lower than 72 degrees. I also had breakfest the next day and it was fine. For what I paid, and for one night, I could deal with the issues. The rooms just need some rework.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Calvin D
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston Near Reliant - Medical, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Dear Calvin D,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a candid review. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our lobby and breakfast.

However, I would like to offer a sincere apology regard the dated room. I truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. We will address these points and I hope when you return you will see the improvements made.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Yeme (front desk clerk) was extremely helpful and kind. Refrigerator and microwave were brought to our room, by request. Room looks newly renovated. Furniture is nice and bed is comfortable. Plenty of lighting in room. Free internet. Only negative...Several hairs in the bathtub.

• Stayed: September 2012
houcp-admin, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston Near Reliant - Medical, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Dear PricelineQueen698
We dearly want to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to share these nice comments during your stay with us. We understand that there are many place to choose from when it come to lodging and we appreciate that you made Crowne Plaza Hotel as your choice.
I will share this with front desk staff and I know they will be happy to hear this. Yeme, who is our F&B manger and MOD will also appreciate this. Once again thank you very much and if you are ever down this way again and we would love to have you as our guest again. rc

Reviewed September 23, 2012

This hotel was exceptionally nice. After reading the reviews I was truly concerned
but after arriving I'm not sure where the negative comments came from. We came in looking like beach bums and we were still treated great. Our room was very nice and the a/c worked great. Usually can't get a room cold enough but here we actually had to turn it off to warm up. Food here was very good. Got in late and hadn't eaten, restaurant was closed, went to bar and even though happy hour was over the bartender fed us for free. Areas of the hotel still being remodeled are not booked for stays. Again I would not hesitate to stay here again. Hotwire.com did good on this one.

Dear Beverly H
Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know how enjoyable your stay was. I will gladly share this with the bar staff and everyone else. We certainly appreciate all those kind words and your loyality to Crowne Plaza Houston near Reliant/Medical. We would like to continue being your choice of hotles when traveling. Feel free to look me up on your next visit to Houston or our hotel. We would be more than honored to have you as our guest. Let me also take this opportunity in wishing you and your family a joyous and safe holiday season. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Years. rc

Reviewed September 15, 2012

Over the last two years my wife and I have had to come toM.D. Anderson for health care treatment. Helen was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer. She has undergone five major surgeries,and is currently recouperating from her latest and hopefully last surgery. In each instance we stayed at your hotel. We would like to thank you and the entire staff for making each stay an enjoyable experience. In today's economic state,it is truly a blessing to be able to enjoy those services you provide,shuttle,breakfast and a special rate for cancer pts. My wife and I are truly grateful. Thank you again.Dan and Helen Cavazos will hold your staff in the highest regards. The hotel is truly a crowned jewel as far as we are concerned.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
houcp-admin, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston Near Reliant - Medical, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to write a note of your stay at Crowne Plaza Hotel Houston- Medical Center. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we have to offer to our guests. We value you as our medical guest.

Sincerly,
Rudy Cortinaz

Reviewed September 13, 2012

After moving rooms 3 different times, the staff was able to find a room with a little less mold. They did the best they could with what they had to work with but it wasn't much. The ceiling tiles in the bathrooms sagged from all the moisture and the showers would constantly adjust from warm to scalding in the course of a few minutes. The continental breakfast was poorly done unless all you are looking for is boxed cereal, runny eggs, and fast food style bacon. This hotel left a lot to be desired.

1  Thank Noro164
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston Near Reliant - Medical, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Dear Noro164,

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

The grounds are nice, especially the pool area, but the rooms are very small and in a state of disrepair. Rooms are always smaller in older hotels, but you have to close the bathroom door to get in the shower, and your knees nearly hit the door when sitting on the commode! The carpets are stained, tiles broken, there is mold on the shower walls, and rust on the 7 ft suspended ceiling. If you're expecting the typical Crowne Plaza, you will be disappointed.

Positives: they do offer free wifi, free shuttle to MD Anderson, a nice fitness center, and the staff are friendly and helpful. The beds also have been updated and are very comfy. In summary: gets the job done for a business trip but far from luxurious.

• Stayed: September 2012
houcp-admin, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston Near Reliant - Medical, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Dear guest:

It was a pleasure to have you as our Guest at the Crowne Plaza medical Center, your positive comments and compliments to our facilities . I deeply apologize that the room condition fell below your expectations. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us.

We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is. In the meantime if there is anything I can assit with feel free to contact me at 713-748-3221.

Once again many thanks for your feedback.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed August 30, 2012

Stayed one night, needed to be in the Medical District and that area is not the best. Got a very good rate on Hotwire, would not pay full price for this hotel. Comfortable bed and pillows, free parking. But it does need updating. It's clean, just old.

• Stayed: August 2012

It was a pleasure to have you as our Guest at the Crowne Plaza medical Center, your positive comments and compliments to our facilities and Staff is very much appreciated, we value your opinion and take Pride in improving upon our service.

We have shared your comments with our Staff. Again, thank you for all your valuable comments which help us identify areas of improvement.

Kindest Regards,