SpringHill Suites Houston Brookhollow
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Baron Inn(Houston)
View Hotel
All reviewsindoor poolthe lobby breakfast areaoffice complexyogurtfront deskservice roadhot breakfasttexas shaped wafflesnice sizeroom was cleanpull out sofawet barthe loopwould stay here againworked finetwo nightsmorning breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 12, 2012

This is a very nice mid-level economy hotel located directly on the service road of a freeway in process of being rebuilt.

First the pros; newly remodeled and fresh inside, with pleasant and helpful staff. Rooms are large and the breakfast is sufficient (eggs, sausage, waffles, fruit, yogurt, juice, coffee).

When I checked in, I asked for a room facing the rear, and they gave me room 115 which is excellent. Halfway down the hall, near to the lobby and fitness room but not right next to it. Facing the rear, I see a nice tree out the window and it's very quiet. Just fine in the room.

Now the issues...there is a freeway in the front yard...and it is being rebuilt....bigger. And...when you want to go somewhere you must turn right and then navigate around several one-way streets, turnarounds, freeway underpasses, etc. all of which are confusing and full of constant traffic.

About breakfast.... in the lobby / breakfast area there are 3 refrigerators for various drinks, yogurt, snacks, etc. All of them are the LOUDEST refrigerators I've ever heard. The compressor motors are louder than the TV's in the lobby and louder than the receptionists talking to guests. It's totally annoying. I stay at 10+ hotels per year and this is the first time I've ever noticed refrigerator hum in a lobby or breakfast area.

The Sheraton down the street faces the same freeway. Around Houston I see a lot of hotels facing crowded freeways. My conclusion; this is a decent hotel, it's Houston freeways that are the problem. If you need to come to Houston, which I don't recommend, and you need to be somewhere in the middle to Northwest side of town, then this hotel is a decent middle-market choice. It's not luxury but it's ok. The Sheraton might have a bigger lobby or some marble. The Spring Hill has no marble, and the lobby looks like a Super 8 Deluxe with a breakfast bar.

If you stay here, go to Tia Maria's mexican restaurant, about 5 minutes by car. Excellent food and friendly staff, low prices.

If I had to do business in this area again, I'd probably check out the Sheraton next door, and check out what's downtown, and then also check out new properties on the suburban fringes. Those would all offer some interesting trade-offs.

Room Tip: 115 is a good room, quiet and facing the rear with a nice tree by the window.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank bradleystat
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Kind of basic if compared to other Marriotts. Not so much variety when it comes to the breakfast menu. Clean room, great bed but a bit surprised that the bathroom is divided into 2 areas.
Complimentary Wi-Fi available but failed around midnight.
Location was awesome for the specific purpose of my trip.
Front desk personnel was OK but there is still some room for improvement.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I stayed here with my family for five nights over Thanksgiving week. The staff was very friendly and attentive. I have three girls aged 7, 6, and 3 and they all had a great stay. Each morning the front office staff came out to the breakfast area to talk with the girls and give them coloring pages and crayons. The last morning we were there, Lisa from the front desk printed some different pages to color from the internet for the girls, as they were getting tired of coloring the standard activity page from Springhill Suites. The girls colored some thank you pages for the staff, which ended up getting displayed in the back office for the whole staff. Kudos Springhill Suites Houston Brookhollow!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 6, 2012

My daughters and I stayed here for a girls weekend. This hotel is very reasonably priced and conveniently located not far from the Galleria. Room is clean and comfortable. Staff were very friendly. There is some road construction in front of the hotel. We asked for a room on the back side of the hotel and it was very quiet even though we were next to the elevator. Because of the road construction, you have to take a detour to get onto 610 from the hotel. The front desk gave me a map which was a big help. Overall, highly recommend this hotel. We'll stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
HoustonSHS_GM, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Houston Brookhollow, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Thank you so much for the positive feedback, it is our goal to ensure that each guest has a great time while visiting the Houston area, and as their host we feel it is our duty to help when and wherever we can. Providing you with maps, directions, and ideas on where to go while here is just a few of the small ways we can ensure your satisfied with your stay here. We look forward to hosting your next visit to the Houston Area. Thanks again!

Reviewed September 5, 2012

The hotel was very clean and the staff were friendly and helpful. This was a great location. We were close enough to the Galleria so it was not a far drive and far enough away from the traffic. The breakfast buffet was nice. I would stay at this location again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Hello, I wanted to thank you for staying with us, and I am happy to see that we delivered on your expectations of a Marriott hotel while you stayed in Houston! Friendly service, helping you get where you are going, along with providing you with a clean room is what we do, so the fact that you were satisfied makes us feel great! Next time you are in Houston, come and see us we would love to be your Host!