I thought this was Towne Place Suites, a place down the street in which I had previously stayed and thought was a great value. Planning to have a romantic get away with my sweetheart, I reserved the suite for 3 nights, with a late-arrival guarantee. I got to the hotel and realized my mistake, but decided to check in anyway. After waiting at the front desk for more than 20 minutes, someone finally arrived to check me in. I made my way down the small, dingy hallway to the room. The furniture looked old. The bedding was pilling. Only two pillows on the bed. Minimal numbers of thread-bare towels on the bars. The two-burner electric stove looked like something out of a 50's era dorm room. The room smelled...not quite right. The only positive note was that the place was cheap and gave free washer/dryers. $19 a night would not have been a low enough price!!!
I instantly knew this was not to be our romantic love-nest! In tears, I hoped Towne Place had vacancies, but it was not to be. They suggested Residence Inn. So, I got a room there, but paid for Candlewood also, for the first night. RI was $139 a night, plus the Candlewood $65, but it was worth it to not have to stay in that horrible room even 1 night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to beautiful Clear Lake, an attractive community hotel in Houston! For business or pleasure, the Candlewood Suites Houston-Clear Lake offers the utmost in comfort and convenience for your extended stay travel. Situated in the Bay Area right on the Gulf of Mexico, Clear Lake is an exciting community in Houston, TX. Students and families visiting the University of Houston-Clear Lake will appreciate this nearby all-suite hotel that is also is convenient to a number of businesses and attractions. We are near Lockheed Martin, Jacobs Engineering and Boeing, making this the ideal hotel for corporate travel. Stay productive during your trip with free high-speed wireless Internet access and a spacious work area. Space Center Houston is a must see for quick trips or an extended stay vacation in Clear Lake, and be sure to visit the beautiful Baybrook Mall, only three miles away. Our hotel is also just minutes from the exciting Kemah Boardwalk! Don't forget to check out downtown Houston while you're in town. We offer the best in amenities, including free guest laundry facilities, our Candlewood Cupboard and our 24-hr Candlewood Gym. After a long day, our suites with more space and full kitchens offer the home-like experience you need to get comfortable. Our friendly staff looks forward to serving you on your next visit to this welcoming hotel in Clear Lake. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Candlewood Suites Houston - Clear Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Houston/Clear Lake Hotel Houston
- Candlewood Houston
- Houston Candlewood Suites