“Very nice hotel”

Residence Inn Houston NASA/Clear Lake
Ranked #136 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed November 21, 2012

The rooms were very nice, clean and quiet. We stayed here to see the Houston Air Show and this hotel was pretty close without being on the main highway.

There was a small bump in the road, however the management made good on it and all is well.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Houston NASA/Clear Lake

Reviewed November 21, 2012

In the past year, Residence Inn has become my go-to hotel. I've stayed at many Residence Inns this year, whether I've made the reservation or I've traveled with someone who has made the reservation. The stay at this particular Residence Inn with my husband for the Wings Over Houston Air Show last month was the first time there has ever been an issue.

Check-in went smoothly. I made the process longer than it needed to be by not having the right credit card readily available, but the check-in clerk (can't believe I forgot her name!) was so nice and never got impatient. As we were concluding check-in, I asked about lock box availability because my husband had an item that could not be taken to the air show. She said it wouldn't be a problem. In the time it took to go outside to the car and ask my husband a question and then come back inside, the check-in clerk told me she had asked the manager and he said that my husband could not use the lock box.

On the way to dinner, my husband stopped at the front desk and asked to speak to the manager. I stayed in the car, but my husband says he got nowhere with the manager and was unable to store the item in the lock box, even though he explained that his job allowed him to have the item, showed the manager proof of his job and explained the law that backed him up. The manager could not point to a policy backing up his decision to refuse to store the item.

We were so excited about staying here due to the proximity to the air show, but now, we had to drive the opposite way to find a place to store the item, and then drive back to the air field and fight traffic, watch the air show and then fight horrible traffic leaving the air show to drive the opposite way of the hotel back to retrieve the item. What should have taken about 10 minutes in the morning and 30 in the afternoon now took 35 minutes in the morning and 1 1/2 hours in the afternoon! It definitely put a damper on our trip.

The room was very clean, breakfast was good, and with the exception of the manager that didn't know his own company policy, we received the wonderful service and hospitality that we've come to expect from Residence Inn. However, we decided that we would never stay at another Residence Inn again. My husband sent a letter to Marriott asking them to clarify their policy regarding lock boxes. We didn't expect anything to happen, but he received a reply asking for more information and then a promise that they would look into it. Still not expecting anything, we were shocked when we received an apologetic e-mail yesterday from the hotel manager! She admitted that they were wrong and offered compensation for our inconvenience.

Who admits any wrongdoing these days? That means so much! I am so happy because I love Residence Inn and was disappointed that we would no longer be able to stay at one if they refused to accommodate my husband. I hope that they re-educate their staff so that we don't have to go through this again, but at least we know that if there is a problem, it will be resolved! We look forward to our next stay and we are grateful for the wonderful customer service we have received.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Pros:
- location affords access to every type retail, restaurant and entertainment imaginable (Sbux immediately next door was great)
- laundry on-site
- offers a 2-bed, 2-bath suite
- able to park right outside your room

Negatives:
- place was disgusting & seemed as if it hadn't been cleaned ... spots of blood on the sheet and wall, kitchen counter was filthy, bathroom was cleaned
- daily cleaning service wasn't very good either really improve
- rooms were a bit small (2bed, 2bath seemed less than 700 sqft)

I am a Marriott Platinum member & stayed with Marriott for 15 years, and have never seen anything like this ... Dear Marriott, please investigate !!!

so you

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DQC_76
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I've stayed here a few times over 2011-2012.

The one negative experience was a one time situation involving a complicated refund. It all worked out in the end but it was pretty labor intensive to resolve.

Apart from that my day to day experience at the hotel has been great. Very presentable attractive rooms, nice facility w/pool-jacuzzi. Gym is undergoing renovation and the worn elliptical machines are being replaced. Good breakfast, cheery service, located close to restaurants nearby and Johnson space center is a close drive.

I'm looking forward to my next stay here!

• Stayed: September 2012
Ellen H, Sales Coordinator at Residence Inn Houston NASA/Clear Lake, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

We sincerely appreciate your loyalty to Residence Inn Houston Clear Lake!

Thank you for feedback. I'm so happy to hear that any issue was resolved. We look forward to your stays with us in the future!

Reviewed September 14, 2012

I was looking for a hotel that would serve my needs for an extended stay. I found that in the The Residence Inn. The hotel was newly renovated and extremely clean. The staff is helpful and friendly. Its nice to stay where they know your na

Room Tip: Can't go wrong with any room.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Ellen H, Sales Coordinator at Residence Inn Houston NASA/Clear Lake, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Thank you for your positive feedback! I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay.
We look forward to seeing you again at Residence Inn Houston Clear Lake.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

We spent two very comfortable weekend nights in ground floor studio unit. A major renovation and update of the entire property was recently completed. The weekend rates were very reasonable. The studio was very spacious with flat screen TV, full kitchen, breakfast bar, desk, lots of closet space, and nice new furniture. The king bed in our room was very comfortable with lots of pillows. We liked having a separate bathroom sink from the toilet/ shower room. Although the bathroom was a little on the small side. Our room was very quiet. There was nice warm décor in our room, the lobby and breakfast area. Everything looked and smelled new and fresh. The Wi-Fi worked well in the room. The climate control for the room worked well.

This hotel is conveniently located only a few miles from the Johnson Space Center. It is located about 1.5 miles from I- 45, and back from the local street, so there is little or no street noise. It is a good location for access and driving to both sites in southeast part of Houston and Galveston.

The staff was friendly and helpful. The free breakfast buffet was excellent with a good choice of both hot and cold items. We certainly enjoyed are stay and will not hesitate to stay here again when we visiting this area of Texas.

Room Tip: Rooms near the sports court and pool may be noisy at times.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JJLJOregon
Ellen H, Sales Coordinator at Residence Inn Houston NASA/Clear Lake, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2012

We're so glad that you enjoyed your weekend stay. We hope to see you here at the Residence Inn Houston Clear Lake again soon.
Thank you for the positive feedback!

Reviewed August 8, 2012

Tristan was super helpful with my reservation process over the phone. It didn't stop there. We arrived: smooth, quick ckeck in by Tammy. The room was spotless and everything was perfect, not to mention room to spread out &a full kitchen to prepare a meal. Great location, close to everything: NASA, Kemah, Baybrook Mall, Restaurants, even an HEB grocery store. We got back around 6pm on Wednesday &were thrilled to be greeted by Tristan &have an evening reception prepared, the food was delicious, served with salad, also beer &wine. This is definately where we will stay when we come back to the area. If you have to be away from home, this is it.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Ellen H, Sales Coordinator at Residence Inn Houston NASA/Clear Lake, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Thank you for your positive feedback. We are so glad that your stay with us at Residence Inn Houston Clear Lake was excellent!

We look forward to your future stays with us!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Houston
Clear Lake
TownePlace Suites Houston Clear Lake

Been to Residence Inn Houston NASA/Clear Lake? Share your experiences!