“Enjoyable”

TownePlace Suites Houston Clear Lake
Ranked #171 of 508 Hotels in Houston
“Enjoyable”
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this establishment for three nights for my brothers wedding. The rooms were clean, the beds were amazing, the kitchen was workable, the tv was big enough for all to see. What's not to love? The employees were polite and kind, and everyone who leaves a bad review, needs a reality check! You're so spoiled!!! When it rained did you get wet? Nope, you had a roof over your head. When you needed water to brush your teeth or take a shower there was water! Get a grip people. Didn't know you wiped your butt with golden toilet paper!! This place was awesome!! Will be back to enjoy another time. Highly recommend!!!

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Sally H
Erinn V, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Houston Clear Lake, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words. We pride ourselves on taking care of our guests and are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to seeing you again in the fur=ture!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed July 5, 2014

I stayed there for 4 weeks. The first week started very well, the staff is very polite, and responsive.
Rooms were average looking, little old, but clean and well maintained.
Room service was on daily basis, and out of 4 staff in room service, 3 were excellent, 1 was average.

The bad experience started with the "Hot water" in shower. There was no way to get the cold water. You take shower in burning hot water, or do not take shower. When you need to go to office, do you consider it an emergency or not?

Raised complaint first day - front desk noted down the request very politely - but no action was taken.
Raised complaint Second day - front desk noted down the request very politely - but no action was taken.
Raised complaint Third day - front desk took it very politely - but no action was taken.
Forth day I was in towel getting late for office - asked to send someone immediately - maintenance staff took half hour to reach my room, and tried to fix it and said he can't fix it. He gave me a bucket to fill it from wash basin, and use it. I am so thankful for Bucket, at least I could take bath, and go to office.
Fifth day- maintenance staff came again, he opened the shower tab, and was not able to fit it back. So the water was running, whole night, now you don't have hot water as well. You want to take bath ...Use bucket :-)
six day - Water still running whole night, fortunately we got used to sleeping in sound of running water.
seventh day - Water still running whole night.
Eighth day - Water still running whole night. Use bucket to bath. :-)

By the way, I was on business visit, and I was paying the full price, my booking was not with some coupon, or bid. Also I am Marriott Elitte member. So I know, what should I expect from a Marriott Hotel.

During this one week, they didn't had any room available to shift on the same floor. The floor had at least 30 rooms, and it is hard to believe that for one week, no body checked out from those 30 rooms. Either they were saying truth, and no body checked out whole week, or they never took the problem seriously, and didn't gave me priority over new coming guest.

Why I wasn't paid attention? only one reason.. because I am a calm guy, and never shouted at front desk, so they never took the problem seriously. After seven days, when I explained the situation in detail, front desk said, they never knew, that the problem was so serious.
Perhaps they are so used to with the customer shouting at them, when I was talking politely, they never took it seriously. Next day they shifted me to adjacent room.

Rest all was good. Front desk was always easy, and polite.
If you are a calm guy and don't shout on people, and you think taking bath is necessary, please remember to ask for a bucket when you check in. It will make your life so easy.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank abhi_mit_j
As you know, we had to have the issue regarding the hot water resolved by an outside plumbing company. In order for them to resolve the issue the room had to be vacated and water shut off for several hours. This has since been resolved. We appreciate your patience with this rare occurance. Thank you for all of your feedback!
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed June 12, 2014

My family stayed in a 2 bedroom suite, which seemed to be a great value for the space. The first thing you notice when you walk in the room is the horrible smell. A very dirty, musty smell. The carpet and furniture were torn and very dingy. If we hadn't traveled so far and got there so late, I would have walked out and gone to another hotel. The rooms next to us and below were very loud until about midnight. The only positive I can say is that the bed was soft and comfortable. Overall, I would not stay here again and I would pay more to stay someplace cleaner.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
I have addressed the issue of odor with my housekeeping staff and have i plemented new procedures with treating rooms with odors. Unfortunately, our furniture and carpet are outdated and when we receive our renovation soon, the carpet and furniture will be replaced! I appreciate the feedback you have given us!
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Lovely Lovely 'can do' staff but the hotel has changed since our last stay several years ago. I am not happy about writing this review and it's not my norm to do so, but gosh, the fixes are so easy that I'm surprised they haven't addressed them.

First impression was good but the pool is right by the front entry door and it was all askew. Makes one wonder what is behind that door.

Staff welcoming us couldn't have been nicer and more accommodating. Kudos!

New lobby is very nice, buildings were very clean in the hallways. Room was basic and my first thought, this would not work well for a business traveler as there was nowhere to put things. One desk/chair, one coffee table and a sofa. Not suitable for more than one person in the room as you had to use the floor for your personal things. One night stand was missing a lamp.

Bathroom fan was unbearable. Just unbearable.

The towels are a shame. Thin and so gray that it felt dirty using them.

Bed was very comfy! Linens good. Ample pillows.

I have to go back to the kudos, your staff are well trained but the attention to detail here is lacking. Like I said. the fixes are so simple that it's a real shame to have to call attention to these things.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Erinn V, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Houston Clear Lake, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
I appreciate all of your feedback. I have addressed the issues regarding the bathroom fan, towels, and the pool being askew. We should be under going a renovation within the year.I appreciate your kind words regarding my staff. They are fantastic!
Lufkin, Texas
Reviewed April 13, 2014

We stayed at this hotel with 3 other couples. We booked 2 bedroom suites next to each other. When we checked into the hotel the staff was busy snacking on pizza and did not seem real interested in checking us in. Finally, we got to our room which on the positive side was clean but the furniture and carpeting were pretty old and one chair had a big rip in the seat. Checking out the cabinets for glasses we found only 1 glass. Calling the desk we were told a housekeeper would bring us some glasses. The housekeeper who didn't speak much English brought us a small 4 ounce glass and said there wasn't any more. We drank our dinner drinks out of coffee cups. Again the office said they would bring us glasses but an employee showed up with only 1 8 ounce glass. Our friends in the other room had only 3 glasses. We were only staying 1 night but I think that anyone coming for a longer stay would find they would have to go out and buy things to supply the room while they were there.
The swimming pool is right in the parking lot by the front office door and is a busy area with cars and people coming and going.
On the positive side. the room was very quiet and we did get a good night's sleep.
This just did not seem like a Marriott but more like a Motel 6.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Erinn V, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Houston Clear Lake, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
I appreciate all of your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I would like to assure you these challenges you experienced during your stay is not the norm for us. We have refreshed training on both customer service and room inspection standards. We hope that you will try us again in the future to see the difference!
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed March 26, 2014

We stayed two nights in a two bedroom suite. The beds are really great, everything was clean. I did appreciate the nice staff at reception, they really did their best to accommodate our family. I asked them about the guest laundry during check in, they managed to find us a suite on the same floor which was really convenient. During the night I had to print boarding passes and tickets, I was welcomed in the lobby and helped with my different needs (stapler etc.. ). Breakfast was continental, with plenty of choices, the dinning room is kind of small and we had to take our plates and drinks back in our rooms since we couldn't seat. That's the only downside I can see here,and that's not even an issue.
It's only six minutes away by car from the Space Center, which was really convenient.
Overall a good stay and I would come back again if I need an hotel in this area

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is average, although it has not been updated in a while. Breakfast was good and better than most comparable places.

However, every night there is the choking stench of smoke hanging in the hallways and rooms. Deal breaker for me, I would not return or recommend the hotel.

Stayed March 2014
Erinn V, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Houston Clear Lake, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
We are a non-smoking property. However, occasionally, there are people that have broken the rules and charged accordingly. As a result of your review, we are using more pro-active approach to head off situations where the smoking policy is more actively enforced. Thank you for all of your feedback!

Erinn Asher
Also consider these accommodations in or near Houston
Residence Inn Houston NASA/Clear Lake
Staybridge Suites Houston / NASA - Clear Lake
Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston - Clear Lake
Courtyard Houston NASA/Clear Lake
Comfort Suites Webster
Comfort Suites Webster
#10 of 16 in Webster
Hampton Inn Houston/Clear Lake-NASA Area

Been to TownePlace Suites Houston Clear Lake? Share your experiences!