“Clean, helpful staff, great price”

TownePlace Suites Houston NASA/Clear Lake
Ranked #161 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Lowest priced property for Marriott or Hilton properties in the area. Very friendly and helpful staff, great breakfast buffet. They didn't have a suite available for our lab training, but my room was big enough for all three of us and a ton of test equipment.

Room Tip: We were only midway down the building, but had no problem with road noise or hallway noise. I did no...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed February 24, 2013

We had a two bedroom unit above the office like we usually get here. Everything was clean (furniture had seen better days), beds were nice and soft and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. Breakfast now includes hot items, but it wasn't anything to write home about. Overall great value, especially if using points.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Great place, the service is fantastic, all the employees so polite and really care about my needs, a beautiful room, clean and ready to take the best rest you could get. I would recomend to everybody who has to stay for a while and wants to receive the Marriott´s quality at an affordable price. They don´t offer room services but the breakfast at the restaurant is so good that would be great to receive it one day at bed. They don´t offer room services but the breakfast at the restaurant is so good that everybody should taste it.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 26, 2013

The staff appeared caring until my son and I had to address the ovecharges on our credit cards. I was going to have his "daily incidental surcharge" on my cc but instead they put a pending charge for the whole room on my card even tho his room was prepaid through orbitz. He had to prove that to the clerk as well by printing out the confirmation. That info should have come through from the reservation when the hotel received it from orbitz. So now my cc has a pending charge for his room and incidental, his card was first charged $80 then after speaking to the clerk the following day, he was charged another $60!! The next day we asked the general manager to fix it but he blamed the computer system for the error. He says all will be well at check out. But in the meantime, these pending changes, that are admitedly wrong, are against our accounts for the next 5 days.
We won't come back here. Mattress so soft you roll to the middle and the sheets come off to the point that you wake up on the mattress itself. Go elsewhere!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Joel A, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Houston NASA/Clear Lake, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Good morning I P,
I regret to hear your last stay in our Hotel was not up to what you were expecting. We are fully committed to ensuring the best stay for each of our guests and appreciate you sharing with us the points we need to improve upon. Please feel to contact me if there is anything else I can do for you.

Best Regards.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

my overnight stay 12-23-12

This location is terrible. dirty and falling apart. Marriot polices compared to holiday inn rewards programs. Marriot is full of CC charging hassles! old This location is terrible. dirty and falling apart. Marriot polices compared to holiday inn rewards programs. Marriot is full of CC charging hassles!

met krafty MS Lauren at front desk to checkout . Did talk to her about the charging CC when using reward pts policies etc. She was nice polite lady and took time to show me her xmas ornaments also .
Other than nice employee at front desk. this location needs serious deep cleaning and renovations .
the low ceiling is awful in the bathroom but 1 plus they do have stoves in spacey the room. left some personal belongings in the room by mistake. and blah didn't want to return to retrieve them. just wanted to move on and get out of there.

finally several days later the charges finally disappeared well after xmas, sucks they held up some of my holiday spending money.
oh well i survived xmas. :) I will not return here and I wouldn't recommend to any one else.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank caligula r
Joel A, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Houston NASA/Clear Lake, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Dear Caligula r,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the TownePlace Suites. We strive to ensure all guests experience and clean, comfortable hotel with zero hassles. I am very sorry that this was not your experience and rest assured that your comments have been shared with our staff so that other guests do not have the same encounter.

Thank you again and we hope that if you are back in the Clear Lake area you will give us another try.

With Hospitality,

Joel Alvarez

Reviewed October 8, 2012

The customer service was fantastic! Every employee we talked to was very personable and went out of their way to make sure our stay was enjoyable! The room was clean, spacious, tastefully decorated and comfortable. The welcome note along with the water and chips was a nice touch. The lady that took care of us in the breakfast room was outstanding, she kept everything stocked and made sure that we had everything we needed. Great experience - great stay!!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Joel A, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Houston NASA/Clear Lake, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Thanks for all your kind words. It's great to know we are moving in the right direction.

Best Regards.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

This hotels customer service was great! We only stayed two days, but left feeling we knew the front desk personally. After checking in we received a phone call in our room from the front-desk manager just checking on us to see if we were happy with our room. The room was nice. The breakfast was great & the lady who ran it was awesome. She offered meal ideas such as adding granola to our yogurt. The breakfast was really good.
I did not use the pool, but it looked very small.

If I'm in the area again I will likely stay here!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Houston
Sonesta ES Suites Houston - NASA Clear Lake
Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston - Clear Lake NASA
Candlewood Suites Houston - Clear Lake
Hampton Inn Houston/Clear Lake-NASA Area
Comfort Suites Webster
Comfort Suites Webster
#11 of 17 in Webster
Hilton Houston NASA Clear Lake

Been to TownePlace Suites Houston NASA/Clear Lake? Share your experiences!