“Nice motel, wonderful staff!”

Best Western Heritage Inn
Ranked #226 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed June 8, 2012

We stayed at this motel for 7 days, I couldn't have ask for anything more... The price was reasonable, the rooms were clean, the breakfast was way more than your typical "buffet" and the employees went above and beyond! they made us feel very welcome and were there to accommodate our every need. We booked a Hilton in Daytona Beach and this by far surpassed it! We would definantly stay again.

Room Tip: Nice big rooms..
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
JEN G, General Manager at Best Western Heritage Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to tell us of your satisfaction with our accommodations and service during your recent stay at our Hotel. Your comments on our performance shall be passed on to the staff members.

We certainly enjoyed having you stay with us.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to complete the survey. Please don't hesitate to contact us at the Best Western Heritage Inn the next time you are in Houston. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed June 4, 2012

We stayed here for 2 days during our recent visit to Houston. It's located near the freeway and there are couple of fast food restaurants nearby. Rooms are clean and I don't have any complaint on service. I booked the hotel from one of the major travel sites through their unpublished lists. So I got a very good rate and I enjoyed the stay here. This hotel has a free parking,free breakfast and wireless internet. I see the staffs are friendly, i wanted to take couple of printouts from the computers for guests near the lobby, they did not charge for it, it was free. Overall I enjoyed the stay and I recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jacob J

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write such a complimentary review about our Hotel.

I am passing on your comments, knowing that it will serve as an inspiration to our staff to
continue their efforts.

We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us at the Best Western Heritage Inn the next time you are in Houston. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed March 24, 2012

Front desk staff: Nice. Breakfast: Good. Bathroom: Large and well lit. Room, corridors, lobby, front desk: Poorly lit, which gives the hotel a cheap, old, depressing look. The room itself was comfortable and large. Maybe the dark-colored walls make it look darker. The carpet in the corridors was stained and old. I'm not sure what it is about the lighting in this hotel (low voltage, dark lamp shades, fluorescent bulbs, not enough lamps, not sure) but it looks dark. Even from outside. The elevator makes strange noises and you feel that you are in a really bad hotel. We went to the Best Western Heritage because we got a good deal that included a rental car, but it's not a place that I would recommend. The location is difficult also, far away from everything. One good thing was that the room had a fridge and a microwave oven!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
JEN G, General Manager at Best Western Heritage Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2012

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

BEST WESTERN Heritage Inn

Reviewed September 29, 2011

I've stayed here several times even though it really isn't in the best neighborhood. The location suits my needs for a quick getaway to Houston, though. Until my most recent stay, everything had been fine. Never great. Never awful. Pretty much what you would expect from a mid-priced chain motel.

However, on my last (and I do mean LAST) stay, my wife and I checked into a Jacuzzi suite and went out in search of dinner. After dinner, we came back ready for a dip in the hot tub. Well, there was more tub than there was hot. In fact, there was no hot. No hot water was to be had in our suite. I called the desk and was told, with a bit of attitude, that they would let maintenance know about the problem in the morning. No offer to change to a room with hot water, either with or without a Jacuzzi. I explained that we would be up and gone before maintenance was available the next morning. Well, she said, she would let the manager know, too...in the morning.

I called Best Western customer care and while they seemed sympathetic, they were impotent, as "each location is independently owned and operated." Further attempts to get to the bottom of the situation resulted in an admission by the motel that they were at fault and an offer to refund 10% of the charge. Excuse me, but I paid twice the regular room rate to get the damn jacuzzi that provided no value whatsoever and then we had to take cold showers the next morning. I don't think $12 is quite going to make up for that. That was all they had to offer, though. Take a moment and imagine my response. I got the (apparently useless) Discover Card folks involved and will be filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, as well.

You can tell a lot about a business by how they handle a situation gone wrong. I understand that these things happen. Breakers trip and water heaters no longer heat water. If that happens to a paying guest and you value their business, you should go out of your way to make it right. Obviously, this place doesn't value my business. Don't expect that they will value yours.

Room Tip: Choose a room at another motel
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank PokerbossTX
JEN G, General Manager at Best Western Heritage Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2011

On behalf of the entire staff of the Best Western Heritage Inn, We would like to thank you for staying with us. Please accept our apologies for the hot water in the Jacuzzi room you experienced. Also, thank you for your comments; you have helped us take this situation from occurring again in future for better service.

Once again, please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.

Reviewed August 5, 2011

we had bought our room off of hotwire & was afraid of the price but when we arrived it was very clean & smelled clean, the staff went out of their way to accomadate us. The breakfast could have been better, but we were just passing through going to California to work, so it took care of our needs, it was very quite & there were a lot of places to eat nearby, within walking distance.

Room Tip: it was very quite, which is how we like it
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write nice compliments. I will be passing on your comments to our staff to continue their efforts.

We appreciate you staying at Best Western Heritage Inn and hope next time you are in Houston will stay with us again. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed July 28, 2011

Everything about this hotel was nice. Breakfast, pool, large clean rooms, gated parking. It was billed as near downtown. It is not. It is right by the I-10 freeway east of downtown by 8 miles. The neighborhood is a little questionable by sight but nothing happened so I would say the hotel is safe. Very reasonable price.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from Freeway side of hotel-very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
JEN G, General Manager at Best Western Heritage Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to tell us of your satisfaction with our accommodations and service during your stay at Best Western Heritage Inn.

We appreciate you staying at our Hotel and hope next time you are in Houston will stay with us again. We look forward to serving you.

Reviewed September 23, 2010

My identity hasn't been stolen (yet), but they scanned my DL, and may have read the barcode on it as well as my CC. Enough digital info to wreak havoc. The clerk initially denied scanning my DL. Haven't seen the same clerk twice, morning or evening, for 3 1/2 days, but they all have the same behaviour; feign friendliness until you have a problem. Then, they do nothing more than they have to, let you know complaints/concerns/requests are not welcome by their expressions, and always have an immediate answer to any problem that implies it should be no problem for the customer or that the customer caused it. The side door that bypasses the lobby (locked after hours) wouldn't work for guests, but was no problem for the clerks. Secure parking is available, but not offered to me. I'm sure this had to do with me asking about the DL scanning.
I travel almost every week, so I'm not a newbie. These people made me feel uncomfortable from the beginning of my stay, and I won't stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank GalenTravels

Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at the Best Western Heritage Inn. I appreciate your taking the time to write and hope you will accept my apologies for any inconvenience your experienced. I understand your concern about ID theft and securing your personal data, but Best Western International and Best Western Heritage Inn is fully compliance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS). This is a multifaceted security standard developed by the major credit card company intended to help organization proactively protect customer account data. This means no written record are maintained in unsecured location and only certain management team can access portions of this data for limited time. The data is destroyed daily to prevent theft.

I had investigated your comments to my staff and already taken steps to ensure that the staff attitude you experienced do not happen again.

Once again, thank you for your comments. We appreciate you for staying at Best Western Heritage Inn.