“Now a motel 6”

Motel 7
Ranked #410 of 508 Hotels in Houston
“Now a motel 6”
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

The outside was dirty needs a paint job pieces of trash around the grounds. Rooms need up dating paint chipping off my door,old 20 year old tv no local channels. Was told by front desk to be happy to have some channels. Bed was comportable. There is a chair in the room that needs to be cleaned. Found a couple of hairs in shower. The toilet seat is the wrong size round seat on a elongated toilet.a little pricey for the way this looks. Still has paper motel 6 signs on window. This place needs a major overhaul. maybe thats why Quality Inn left this place and built a new place right next door. As I am a truck transporter and the trucks I will be picking up are up the street I would stay hear again.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Central Louisiana
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Room was clean and bed ok but door had been warped from someone either kicking it in or attempting to do so. Another door close by also was severely damaged. Desk clerk said "Oh?" As if it was a big surprise. Both rooms should have been closed until repaired instead of forcing customers to either accept the room or look elsewhere. Had to push a chest of drawers behind door to feel safe enough to sleep.

Room Tip: Look elsewhere.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Houston hotels

Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

Check-in was alright, friendly staff. Park in front of room, and was 3 min from where I had to be in the morning, but all downhill from there. No fridge or micro. Gross beds, desk falling apart with sticky crap on the leg when I went to prop it up with a phonebook. Looked like dang oil spots on the carpet! Internet actually worked great, but the tv was not a flatscreen. One serious problem was sharing a parking lot with a very seedy-looking strip club. Not a place you'd want to stay with kids! Also, nasty fake eyelashes on the mirror. Property unfortunately had the feel of a cheap brothel. At least it was cheap.

• Stayed October 2012
New Delhi, India
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I had stayed here for only one night before joining ship. This hotel is at very isolated place and I didn't like the ambience of hotel ..After a long flight I was looking something vegetarian to eat , but didn't get anything ..Got the burger and fries at dinner time but didn't like them either ...Didn't even like the breakfast ....The room where I stayed at connecting door to another room , although that was locked but I was afraid and couldn't sleep as hotel' ambience didn't comfort me.The hotel was booked by the company so couldn't help !! But would given a choice , I won't be staying here again..

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed August 7, 2012

1.) My room, after trying to get settled in, the A/C didnt' work..kept blowing out heat. 2.) I called front desk and they moved me down the hallway to a room where the A/C worked but my door wouldn't close all the way, unless I used the deadbolt from inside. 3.) Hotel says wireless internet, but didn't reach my room...(signal was to weak.) 4.) I found a big bug in my room crawling on wall. 5.) Ice machice was out of order and front dest told me I would have to walk down road to hotel in distance and use the ice machine there. 6.) 630am I go down to lobby for breakfast...i go to get coffee and the front desk lady warns me that the coffee had been in the pot since day before and that she would get someone to make some more....however i noticed about 5 people already drinking the coffee at breakfast before a fresh pot was even made. I just got in my car and left.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed July 2, 2012

We had a Terrible experience. We found bed bugs the size of a dime around 2 am, after my friend woke up with itching all over his body. We undid the bed, we called the front office and they just brought a change of linen. Personnel gave us a hard time about not charging us for that night and their suggestion was that we should have left that night and found a different Hotel at 3 in the morning. Never Again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Maria V
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 14, 2012

The first night we discovered a dead rat under our bed but they, weren't able to give us a new room until the following morning. So I was given the opportunity to get a new room and my money back for that night. It is now June 14th and took the trip May 4th and have YET to receive that money back into my account. I called twice and got the same answers with no results.

I would NOT recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com