“Our stay was, as usual, very pleasant, good value for money and overall an excellent ~2 months..”

Hyatt House Houston-West/Energy Corridor
Ranked #67 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed February 25, 2009

My family and I were in Houston, TX on personal business from 27 December until 5 March. During our stay we resided at the Hyatt Summerfields Suites having previous experience staying there when it was the Bradford Homesuites. We always enjoyed our stays there and since it became part of the the Hyatt Chain the experience has even become better which is hard to believe. The improved breakfast buffet and the new free snacks and drinks program 5 nights a week is a new feature which gave added value to the property. The rooms have all been completely remodeled and improved which again made a well-appointed hotel even better.

This location offers good value for money and I would highly recommend it to any prospective traveler.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family

Reviewed January 31, 2009

I read several reviews before I am posting mine. I travel here for work every week starting this January. I'll be here through August of 2009. I tried a few other hotels before deciding on this hotel. I did so based upon the following:

1. Customer Services - Front desk staff and GM
2. Convenient location
3. Breakfast and Dinner included
4. Great price
5. Great bedroom design
6. TV and DVD ~ although I haven't used them yet
7. Desk w/ internet connection

I found all the linens to be clean and new. While I have experienced the noisy air con/heater, it doesn't bother me, it puts me to sleep. The fridge in some of the units can be loud too.

It is true that the noise from the hallway can be heard in the room. I sleep like the dead so it never bothered me.

The plumbing/bathroom is not as bad as they say. It isn't new by any means, but it is definitely in working order. I have only had 1 room on the 2nd floor where the tub didn't drain well. I never had the chance to report it.

The noise from the highway is very accurate. If you are facing I-10, it is very loud. I took a look at the windows and like another post, it is true. The windows are not the ones that help shut out noise. That is one of the recommendations that I would provide to the management. If they weren't by a highway, they would have been fine.

As for the cleanliness, I found it to be very clean. I have not experienced ant problems. It could be because it is winter. I have seen 1 ant since I've stayed there. I killed it. No others showed up.

As for the remodeling facade that someone else posted, well, it is kind of true. Overall, it is clean and most of the items are well maintained. If however, the person is OCD and anal, they will note the less than perfect painting for the bathroom cabinets. Still, I found this to be kind of homey. Everything worked and was clean which meets my needs.

They do have new desk, bar stool, TV, dvd player, radio/clock alarm, chair, end table and lovely L couch. And they have a dish washer. I love that part.

If you are expecting a Ritz Carlton or a Westin, you are at the wrong place. This is the most economical line of the Hyatt Places. It is obvious that it has been remodeled and isn't a new construction.

I still highly recommend this place. The staff is excellent. The rooms are large, comfortable and have everything a person needs. The free breakfast and dinner supplied are more than most places and the quality is good. They gave me a very warm welcome and I feel like it's my second home. They exceeded my expectations and continue to provide me with excellent service.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed November 27, 2008

I was in Houston for business and stayed at this hotel. It was good value for the money and was comfortable and clean. I liked the bed and the pool was nice and warm. i would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
salesdirectorhss, Director of Sales at Hyatt House Houston-West/Energy Corridor, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2008

Dear the990,
As a new Hyatt Summerfield Suites, your review helps us to create an online reputation, and we appreciate your taking the time to complete an online review of our hotel. Thank you for your business, and we hope to see you again on a return trip to West Houston!

Marcia M. Burt
Director of Sales

Reviewed November 17, 2008

it was best vfm for price it offer as compare to the near by hotels.
i am the person to research a lot before talking a small decision as single buck cost me a lot.but this hotel was truly amazing and lot of new things added as compared to other hotels.
if u ask i will say close your eyes and have faith on them.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family

Dear Mabhi10,

Thank you for completing an online review of our hotel! We appreciate your candid feedback and want you to know that your comments are very important to all of us at Hyatt Summerfield Suites. We appreciate your business and hope to have you as our guest again!

Reviewed November 10, 2008

I received an advertisement about several new Hyatt Summerfield Suites. This was one of the locations. I booked a night to treat the kids for good grades. We were looking forward to staying in a new hotelnear Katy Mills and Dewberry Farm. Boy was I mistaken.

At first glance, this property looked nice enough. It is located right on IH-10 in West Houston. The property and rooms are clean and the staff is friendly. The Hyatt bed was comfortable and the king-suite was spacious with enough room in the bedroom portion to fit a crib. The couch folded out into a queen bed which my kids, ages 5 and 7 shared. And there was a nice little "market" off the lobby where you could buy reasonably-priced prepackaged goods.

Those are the only positives.

When you check into your room, you notice something is not right. The furniture and TVs are new, but you soon realize that its all a facade.

The plumbing fixtures are all pitted from age. The tub has old mildew stains hidden under a new thick smear of caulk, and the enamel is worn off in spots. The tub drain is so slow that a low-flow shower head fills up the tub faster than it can drain.

One of the bathroom towels looked like it had been dragged across a dirty floor and refolded and placed on the rack.

The windows were old, single pane construction and had cracked plastic seals. They were the kind that slide open vertically. Being about 100 yards from the freeway, there was very little sleep to be had. The traffic noise kept me up until I passed out from shear fatigue. It was so loud that it sounded like a window was open. The only way to get any sleep is to stay in building 2 on the back side (the only part not facing the freeway).

The truth is that this is a new Hyatt Summerfield suites, but a staffmember told me it used to be a Bradford suites. I didn't know the age, but I would guess that it was about 15 years old. Hyatt should've spent more mony upgrading fixtures and replacing the windows with fixed double pane windows.

Next time I see a "new" hotel ad, I'll do my homework.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank txjsr

Hi txjsr,
Thank you for submitting a review on our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us and helps us to constantly improve upon our service. I'll send an email directly to you so that I can learn a little more about the issue you experienced, and we hope that you'll choose to stay with us again on a future trip to West Houston.
Kindest regards,

Marcia M. Burt
Director of Sales

Reviewed October 10, 2008

We have stayed here before and will continue to come back. The rooms are always nice and clean and decorated very well. The staff is always great and plesant. But this time we had ants in our room. We were there for a week and I reported the problem the day after we arrived. Someone came to the room and talked for a brief moment, I told him about the ants, but no one ever came back and did anything about it. I don't know why. Pleanty of places to shop and eat close by. You don't have to go very far, everthing with in 15-20 minute drive. The kitchens are nice and ready for you to use. And as long as you use your door signs, no one will bother you at all.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
salesdirectorhss, Director of Sales at Hyatt House Houston-West/Energy Corridor, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2008

Hi Cannot123,
Thank you for submitting a review on our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us and helps us to constantly improve upon our service. I'll send an email directly to you so that I can learn a little more about the issue you experienced, and we hope that you'll choose to stay with us again on your next visit to West Houston.

Reviewed September 4, 2008

I stay frequently at this hotel while on business travel in the Energy Corridor area of Houston. Formerly the Bradford Suites, the new management of the hotel has significantly upgraded both the facilities and the service. The rooms are substantially brightened with modern furniture throughtout. The most impressive change, however, is the front office staff, who apparently really know the meaning of customer service, and always go the extra mile to help their guests. Moreover, now that the construction on the intersection of Highway 6 and I-10 is finished, access is again convenient to the hotel. All in all a highly recommended place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
salesdirectorhss, Director of Sales at Hyatt House Houston-West/Energy Corridor, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2008

Hi Swipes6666,
Thank you for taking the time to complete an online review of our hotel! We appreciate your comments and want you to know that your review has been shared with every member of our staff! We look forward to having you as our guest again. Thank you for your business!