“Will stay again.”

Hyatt House Houston-West/Energy Corridor
Ranked #67 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed April 20, 2012

Much better my second time around. The internet has really improved. I enjoyed the breakfast and especially the social hour. The room was very clean. The pool was small but adequate. The fitness center only has cardio equipment and no weights which is a tad disappointing. The service was wonderful Matthew was especially helpful. For the price and the area you can't beat it. I will be staying here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hyatt House Houston-West/Energy Corridor

Reviewed February 19, 2012

My week long stay here was an overall decent experience. I love the fact that they provide both breakfast and a dinner. The wireless internet was terrible as far as connectivity is concerned. The Ethernet cable did not work in my room and the speed had more to be desired.

However, the room was clean and I cannot complain about the stay. Everyone was very helpful that I came across.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 17, 2012

I've ended up in this hotel because of using my points with Hyatt. I have to say that the service is very good, I was impressed by the familiarity that I observe between the staff and the guests. The staff really makes you feel at home, all of them were very attentive and friendly, not the classical smile if not something that you can actually feel authentic. I stayed twice (some days in between) what I've realized is that during the week most of the guests are staff working for the companies around, so a business environment (middle one and operational). The free happy hour was actually great, delicious food and soups.Breakfast was ok. The first room I got was a large suite, with large kitchenette, separate rooms etc, it was a little bit worn out but painted so it didn't look likebad (it is me that can tell immediately what is new and what is not). The kitchenette has all appliances and china that you will have in your own one, so very convenient if you want to cook something. The second time they offered me a smaller room (I arrived really early in the morning) or I could wait and get the larger room as reserved but it was not an issue since I was traveling by myself. This smaller room was much newer and fit for one-two people, size was standard of a hotel, also had a kitchenette but a smaller one. Overall, yes I would not hesitate to stay here again especially because of the good service (the staff makes you feel welcomed!).

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed February 11, 2012

Stayed for about a month... Everything is great except internet connectivity (i give 1 out of 5 rating), the Sleep quality is poor (2 out of 5) and electronic stove does not work properly (2 out of 5). I suggest this place for those who are looking for economical and decent accomdation and for short term. But if you are on a business trip and the need for internet is high..may not be a best choice.

Reviewed February 4, 2012

Stayed here for a week on a business trip because of the location and the king sized bed since my wife was with me on this trip. I wonder if the generally good Tripadvisor ratings for this place are still deserved. They have changed the name to Hyatt House now. Maybe it is under different management.

First the good news:
The room was well furnished with a full kitchen, a very nice microfiber sleeper sofa/sectional, a functional desk and desk chair, a good sized flatscreen TV and a king-sized bed. The AC was working fine. The room was facing the George Bush Park and was generally free of road noise. The breakfast included sausage and eggs, various breads, yogurt, fruit, cereals and various juices. The General Manager, maids, and breakfast room staff were very friendly. The bed was comfortable, although the sheets and duvet kept coming un-tucked.

Now the bad news:
The floors are apparently very thin. We were awakened by very heavy footsteps of people walking back and forth for 40 minutes above our room (we were on the second floor). This happened a couple of nights until the folks upstairs moved out. There was a loss of electricity for a few hours (no storms in the area, not sure what that was about). There was also a fire on our hallway, which forced full evacuation for a few hours. There was also a large tow-truck left running under our window for an hour or so when we were trying to get to sleep. We asked the front desk for two things: a) to be moved to 3rd floor room after we were woken by the folks upstairs. The 'tried to help' for two days, but kept saying to check back later. Never did find a better room for us. b) we asked for a late checkout on the last day so that my wife could stay in the room while I finished work. The front desk clerk said that we could stay until 2pm, no later. Any later and we would have to pay for an extra night. I said, OK, 2pm is is then (wife not happy). The next day we reminded the same clerk that we would check out at 2pm and she said 'No. We are expecting a large number of guests so unfortunately the regular check-out is 12pm.' We spoke to the manager who told us that it was fine to check out at 2pm. So, my wife shows up to sit in the lobby at 2pm and the manager sees her and says, 'Oh, you can stay in your room. Its OK.' So, back she goes to the room.

The decor in the rooms is getting old. The carpet is wearing out and the bathroom sink cabinet is looks like it is painted-over particle board, which was coming apart. (The sink and shower were in good shape, however.)

All-in-all, this was a very mixed experience. I plan to return to the nearby Towneplace Suites if I need to stay in that area in the future.

Room Tip: Try to get in the back building, facing George Bush Park, on the third floor. Don't ask the fro...
Reviewed January 26, 2012

Stayed here for a week while on business in Houston. Houston is a car town and difficult to get around without one as public transport is scratchy at best. This location is a little remote (like all accommodation in this area) but they do have a free shuttle that services the area in the morning.
Breakfast and a light dinner are included in the price, so it makes this value for money.
The room are clean and comfortable but as other reviewers have said the aircons a little noisy but given that Houston can hit 115 degrees in the middle of summer a little bit of noise would be a minor price to pay to keep cool and sleep at night.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back away from the Kitchen
Reviewed January 26, 2012

Check in was great. Room was recently renovated ( with exception of tv's) and clean. Plenty of places to eat with in a few miles, however if you do not have a car you are land locked here as there are no services within walking distance.