Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - Greenway Plaza
Ranked #292 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Staye here for 3 nights, had 200.00 stloen from my room and nobody saw anything and of course, the security cameras were not working. Average cleanliness of room, but not the quality I expected for 100.00 a night. Staff was interested more about watching the television than any problem I had.

Room Tip: Avoid this place if at all possible
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Room had a pungent curry odor, very dirty carpet with a large red stain and a big splash of red liquid on the wall!
Bedspread was dirty, had not been washed.
Bathroom paper roll was almost empty! No soaps or shampoo in room.

Room Tip: Do not stay in this hotel, they claim to be renovating but just beware
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Not the best location though pretty close to everything if you drive: only 5-10 minutes to the Galleria, River Oaks, Midtown, etc. Overall experience would be good if only the rooms didn't smell so bad. Apparently all rooms in the hotel were smoking rooms, as any of them would stink. The rooms are spacious with large bed, two desks, armchair and full kitchen, though without any bedroom or guestroom separation. Bathrooms could be a bit larger as you can hardly look at the mirror or close the door without touching the toilet. The furniture and all amenities were very old, though I didn't expect anything better for this price. They have complimentary breakfast and free wifi.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - Greenway Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Thank you for filling out a review about your stay at our hotel. I am very sorry that you room had a slight odor and am having our maintenance staff correct this issue immediately. Still, I am glad that you enjoyed your room overall, especially the full kitchen and separated living quarters.

Again, thank you for filling out the review and staying with us.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

I have seen reviews for this hotel location on other sites, and was horrified at what I read. I couldn't believe that a hotel could stay in business with reviews this bad. However, this particular ESA location was the most convenient location for my needs, and I decided to at least call the hotel to speak with a manager about these awful reviews. In all fairness, the reviews were from 2 years ago, so I hoped that things had improved, considering that the hotel was still open. I spoke with a knowledgeable, polite and professional young man who is the assistant manger. He helped me decide that I would give this hotel a try. When I arrived, I met this assistant manager and the manager, and both gentlemen were wonderfully helpful and hospitable. I am staying here currently and will likely be here for another month. My room is beautifully clean, my towels and sheets are comfortable and always kept fresh, the grab-n-go breakfast has a nice selection, and the coffee tastes great! All the staff I have interacted with so far have been genuinely pleasant, considerate and helpful. I wake up in the mornings often forgetting that I'm staying in a hotel. I definitely recommend this location for longer stays - you can't beat the quality you get for the price, especially considering the high-quality of service provided to you with a sincere smile. I am VERY happy that I took a chance and booked this hotel. Definitely made the right call!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Jolanta A
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - Greenway Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Thank you for taking time to write a review about your stay. I really appreciate your positive comments. I am really glad to hear that you are enjoying your stay and this ESA location is convenient for you. I am always thrilled to see positive comments from my guests. It boosts up my energy and makes me so happy. I am glad that the assistant manager was helpful to you and he gave you all of the information you needed. I really appreciate you made the reservation after reading all the bad reviews and gave us a chance to show you improvements.

Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was nice. The room I was in had windows that opened. I don't smoke and they only had a smoking room available so it was nice to air the room out, the smoke smell wasn't bad anyway. The window glass was broken but I told the front desk on checkout alsi it didn't affect anything. I wish the tv got more channels. The hotel is in walking distance to tons of stuff and its a short walk to several bus routes. The mexican restaurant next door is amazing. The staff was friendly and the young guy at checkout recommended some breakfast places which was nice. The night before we l eft they called and asked how our stay was, I never had that happen even at the hyatt so that was a really thoughtful touch. The room was very clean, ample towels. I'm definatly looking foward to staying here again

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank krissibx
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - Greenway Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Thank you for staying with us at Extended Stay America Greenway Plaza. We do appreciate you for your review and apologize for not being able to accommodate you into a non-smoking room. I am glad to know that staff were helpful to you and you found our location to be convenient.

We thank you for your business with the hotel and do look forward to having you as one of our guests.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

I do alot of traveling for my job and believe this place is probably good for folks who are staying maybe a week. Stay any longer than that you'll have problems that just shouldn't be for over 1400/month.

Housekeeping is scheduled every 8 days. Mine is Thursday.It's written right here on the paper I got whn I checked in. I haven't received any housekeeping for the last 3 Thursdays counting today. When I go to the desk, no one has a clue. Ok we'll clean it tomorrow, the housekeeper had a doctor appt. No phone call to let the customer paying a nice penny/month to let them know your housekeeping will be delayed. Now today, the nice but unhelpful person at the desk tried to tell me my housekeeping was on Friday anyway. So now I'm crazy? Someone moved it to Friday without letting me know. Her comment was that it used to be worse here. Simple things that a simple call would resolve. I've asked repeatedly if it would be easier to change it to Friday and I've been down at the desk every Thursday after no one shows up and they just told me the housekeeper ran out of time or some such bull.

Three housekeepers were in here cleaning last week when I arrived from work and not one of them left any toilet paper, so since no one showed up today since it's Thursday not Friday lol, I'm off to buy toilet tissue. The front desk doesn't know where any is of course. This place is like the cheap Value Place for alot more money

Get a package? Forget somebody letting you know. Better track it online. Random maintenance men coming to the door to replace the AC that 'you' said was broken. I never made any complaint about my AC sir. Somebody obviously wrote down the wrong room number sir but the man wouldn't leave until he checked it out. Guess he didn't believe me.

These locations bill you weekly based upon your day of arrival which for me was Saturday. Now this week I randomly get billed on Thursday instead of Saturday. No call, no explanation. Go down to the desk and finally get an answer to that question which didn't make sense. I've stayed in several extended stays and my billing day has never changed. Oh and you have to go the desk here because when you call, the phone rarely gets answered.

Manager: please read the reviews for the La Concha Lane location and the San Antonio Colonnade extended stay(Dennis is the best). They train their staff in customer service there. My room is 307. Feel free to give a call.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

We apologize for your inconvenience due to missing housekeeping on the scheduled day, and we will ensure you that this will not happen again. As you mentioned in your review that no one provided you toilet paper, for future reference if a housekeeper does not leave you toilet paper or any amenity in the room, then you can call the front desk at anytime. I apologize that maintenance inconvenienced you, but we like to make sure all equipment is up to par for our guests.

I assure you that next time you come to our hotel we will show you improvements. Thank you for your kindness and cooperation.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Good hotel with friendly staff. I stayed for around 1 week. Never faced any problem with the staff or the facilities. Staff were always very co-operating. Overall, I can say: Helpful staff, nice mini kitchen and a quiet room. No problems at all.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank SatishPulla
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - Greenway Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am so glad that you enjoyed your 1-week stay at our hotel, especially the service our staff provided to you and your room. We all truly loved having you visit with us, and we look forward to having you visit us again in the future.