Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - Greenway Plaza
Ranked #286 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Good hotel with friendly staff. I stayed for around 1 week. Never faced any problem with the staff or the facilities. Staff were always very co-operating. Overall, I can say: Helpful staff, nice mini kitchen and a quiet room. No problems at all.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank SatishPulla
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - Greenway Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am so glad that you enjoyed your 1-week stay at our hotel, especially the service our staff provided to you and your room. We all truly loved having you visit with us, and we look forward to having you visit us again in the future.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

This hotel is exactly as advertised - it's clean, the bed was comfortable and the a/c worked fine. But no frills, either. Maid service costs extra but I can make my own bed so wasn't needed on my 5 night stay. No shuttle service but free parking and they will call a cab for you. The staff was pleasant and helpful - I was moved to a non-smoking room when the first one I was assigned reeked of stale smoke mixed with air freshener. The rate was good for the location and quality.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank MTNYC
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - Greenway Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am sorry that your original room had a smoke odor; however, I am glad that we were able to move you to a different, clean room which you enjoyed. As well, I am pleased to read that you were happy with the helpfulness of our staff.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

I stayed for 3 months here while working at the medical center. They welcomed me and my dog with open arms. Helpful staff, mini kitchen and quiet room. No problems at all. Only suggest that you might bring a foam mattress cover as the beds are pretty firm if staying a long time. I will be going back for another 3 months soon. Great place!

• Stayed: June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - Greenway Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such great things about our hotel. I am proud of our team for providing you with the quality of service you described. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

They only have one taxi service which is too expensive, accomodations aren't good, they never clean the room in 3 days Of my staying, they promissed a service they don't have, i deffinetly wouldn't recommend this hotel To nobody

Room Tip: Don't go there
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - Greenway Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Juan - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that our housekeeping policy was not properly explained to you upon check-in. At this time, we offer housekeeping once a week for guests who are staying with us for 8 nights or more. Guests can request additional services or refreshes at any time for a small fee. As well, the situation you described regarding the local taxi service is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for this experience.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

The room was clean and the front desk was very helpful to everything we needed.
I will stay here again when in Houston.
If you have a car you are centrally located in the city.
Plenty of restaurants and bars with in walking distance.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - Greenway Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Dan - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that the front desk staff was helpful.

The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review and hope you enjoy the remainder of your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Overall the room was clean. There was no remote for the tv. When I asked for one, the remote they gave me had dead batteries. Room has a microwave in which I placed popcorn. Popcorn never popped but the microwave caught fire. Yellowish acrid smoke billowed out of it. Smoke tripped the fire alarm. They removed the microwave but didn't replace it. The stench from the electrical fire lasted for the remainder of my stay. I wasn't offered a change of rooms. Definitely not on my list of top ten places to stay.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank thgr8waldopepper
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - Greenway Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear you encountered issues during your stay with the remote control, the microwave catching on fire and not being offered to move rooms. I apologize for all the issues and will be addressing them with management. Please let us make it up to you by sending you 1 free night certificate, please forward me your information to gmartinez@extendedstay.com . Thank you again for the feedback and we hope that it does not deter you from staying with us in the future.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Received personalized email from national office offering promo and called national number provided in emailr. When i checked in they said promo would be honored at check out as they could see it on my reservation. When i checked out front desk refused to honor what national number quoted

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Imaxfi
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - Greenway Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am truly sorry that you encountered an issue at checkout with the front desk person not honoring the promotional discount offered. Please forward me your information so that I may look into this and get it taken care of at gmartinez@extendedstay.com. Once again I apologize and as soon as I get the information I need we will resolve it for you. Thank you for the review and I hope that this issue will not deter you from staying with us in the future.