Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - Greenway Plaza
Ranked #257 of 506 Hotels in Houston
Villahermosa, Tabasco, Mexico
“Horrible To stay”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

They only have one taxi service which is too expensive, accomodations aren't good, they never clean the room in 3 days Of my staying, they promissed a service they don't have, i deffinetly wouldn't recommend this hotel To nobody

Room Tip: Don't go there
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - Greenway Plaza, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Juan - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that our housekeeping policy was not properly explained to you upon check-in. At this time, we offer housekeeping once a week for guests who are staying with us for 8 nights or more. Guests can request additional services or refreshes at any time for a small fee. As well, the situation you described regarding the local taxi service is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for this experience.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed May 6, 2013

The room was clean and the front desk was very helpful to everything we needed.
I will stay here again when in Houston.
If you have a car you are centrally located in the city.
Plenty of restaurants and bars with in walking distance.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - Greenway Plaza, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dan - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that the front desk staff was helpful.

The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review and hope you enjoy the remainder of your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Overall the room was clean. There was no remote for the tv. When I asked for one, the remote they gave me had dead batteries. Room has a microwave in which I placed popcorn. Popcorn never popped but the microwave caught fire. Yellowish acrid smoke billowed out of it. Smoke tripped the fire alarm. They removed the microwave but didn't replace it. The stench from the electrical fire lasted for the remainder of my stay. I wasn't offered a change of rooms. Definitely not on my list of top ten places to stay.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank thgr8waldopepper
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - Greenway Plaza, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear you encountered issues during your stay with the remote control, the microwave catching on fire and not being offered to move rooms. I apologize for all the issues and will be addressing them with management. Please let us make it up to you by sending you 1 free night certificate, please forward me your information to gmartinez@extendedstay.com . Thank you again for the feedback and we hope that it does not deter you from staying with us in the future.
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Received personalized email from national office offering promo and called national number provided in emailr. When i checked in they said promo would be honored at check out as they could see it on my reservation. When i checked out front desk refused to honor what national number quoted

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Imaxfi
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - Greenway Plaza, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am truly sorry that you encountered an issue at checkout with the front desk person not honoring the promotional discount offered. Please forward me your information so that I may look into this and get it taken care of at gmartinez@extendedstay.com. Once again I apologize and as soon as I get the information I need we will resolve it for you. Thank you for the review and I hope that this issue will not deter you from staying with us in the future.
Garland, Texas
Reviewed March 26, 2013

There are many pros to staying at this property. The staff is very nice and seem more than willing to accomodate your requests. You are right at SW Frwy so you could quickly move about the city while still having all the cool eateries and shops off of Kirby (a real plus is Lupe Tortilla two doors down). Also a 24HR FedEx office within walking distance. We were here for an entire month in 2013 and also 2012. I recommend with the following cons: they seriously need a towel upgrade or at the very least add fabric softener to their cycle, the hallways generally smell of strange food since the rooms all offer kitchens, the elevator is in serious need of repair. While I never felt danger in the elevator, it scrapes and clunks and makes horrific noise. We suggested repair in 2012 but same situation in 2013. Don't stay in Room 214 or the elevator noise will drive you insane; we moved as soon as another room was available.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms close to the elevator.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - Greenway Plaza, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a great review of your stay. I am glad to hear that our staff was nice and wanted to accommodate your requests, that the hotel was close to eateries and shops. Sorry to hear that the always smelled of strange food. We are looking into the issues that you mentioned about the towels and the elevator. Thank you for all the feedback and great comments, we hope to see you back soon whenever you are in the area!
Taylorsville, Utah
Reviewed March 17, 2013

ESA advertise themselves as home away from home, and while its not quite that, it is a nice value for the money and provides the amenities you need in an extended stay hotel.

This location has a great location if you are working in the area with easy access to 59, greenway plaza, galleria, and the surrounding communities. Staff is nice enough when they are around but frankly disappear a lot, and calling them from outside the hotel is a joke, I actually called 10 times in one day, letting the phone right for 45 minutes once and no answer.

Rooms are a little well used but nice. Check your fridge when you get in, the turn them way down when they aren't being used, something I didn't realize and lost some groceries my first week.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - Greenway Plaza, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review about your stay. I am glad that you like our location with easy access to 59, Greenway Plaza and the Galleria. I am sorry that you lost some groceries your first week with us and to hear that you had issues getting a hold of the hotel the many times you attempted to call them with no answer, I will definitely look into that, thank you for bringing it to our attention. I would like to offer you a "Be Our Guest" Certificate so that you can give our hotel a chance to prove that your unsatisfactory experience was an exception. Please respond by sending me your information to my e-mail address gmartinez@extendedstay.com, once again thank you for taking the time to write a review.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Stayed for the All-Star weekend and the accomodations exceeded our expectations. The representative I dealt with, believe her name was Chelsea, was more than helpful. She even was able to find us a reservation at the last minute.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - Greenway Plaza, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
I received a copy of your great review. I am glad that the accommodations exceeded your expectations and that Chelsea was more than helpful in finding you a last minute reservation. Thank you for choosing ExtendedStay America Galleria-Westheimer and hope to see you soon!