Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - Greenway Plaza
Ranked #285 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Overall the room was clean. There was no remote for the tv. When I asked for one, the remote they gave me had dead batteries. Room has a microwave in which I placed popcorn. Popcorn never popped but the microwave caught fire. Yellowish acrid smoke billowed out of it. Smoke tripped the fire alarm. They removed the microwave but didn't replace it. The stench from the electrical fire lasted for the remainder of my stay. I wasn't offered a change of rooms. Definitely not on my list of top ten places to stay.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank thgr8waldopepper
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - Greenway Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear you encountered issues during your stay with the remote control, the microwave catching on fire and not being offered to move rooms. I apologize for all the issues and will be addressing them with management. Please let us make it up to you by sending you 1 free night certificate, please forward me your information to gmartinez@extendedstay.com . Thank you again for the feedback and we hope that it does not deter you from staying with us in the future.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Received personalized email from national office offering promo and called national number provided in emailr. When i checked in they said promo would be honored at check out as they could see it on my reservation. When i checked out front desk refused to honor what national number quoted

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Imaxfi
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - Greenway Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am truly sorry that you encountered an issue at checkout with the front desk person not honoring the promotional discount offered. Please forward me your information so that I may look into this and get it taken care of at gmartinez@extendedstay.com. Once again I apologize and as soon as I get the information I need we will resolve it for you. Thank you for the review and I hope that this issue will not deter you from staying with us in the future.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

There are many pros to staying at this property. The staff is very nice and seem more than willing to accomodate your requests. You are right at SW Frwy so you could quickly move about the city while still having all the cool eateries and shops off of Kirby (a real plus is Lupe Tortilla two doors down). Also a 24HR FedEx office within walking distance. We were here for an entire month in 2013 and also 2012. I recommend with the following cons: they seriously need a towel upgrade or at the very least add fabric softener to their cycle, the hallways generally smell of strange food since the rooms all offer kitchens, the elevator is in serious need of repair. While I never felt danger in the elevator, it scrapes and clunks and makes horrific noise. We suggested repair in 2012 but same situation in 2013. Don't stay in Room 214 or the elevator noise will drive you insane; we moved as soon as another room was available.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms close to the elevator.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - Greenway Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review of your stay. I am glad to hear that our staff was nice and wanted to accommodate your requests, that the hotel was close to eateries and shops. Sorry to hear that the always smelled of strange food. We are looking into the issues that you mentioned about the towels and the elevator. Thank you for all the feedback and great comments, we hope to see you back soon whenever you are in the area!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

ESA advertise themselves as home away from home, and while its not quite that, it is a nice value for the money and provides the amenities you need in an extended stay hotel.

This location has a great location if you are working in the area with easy access to 59, greenway plaza, galleria, and the surrounding communities. Staff is nice enough when they are around but frankly disappear a lot, and calling them from outside the hotel is a joke, I actually called 10 times in one day, letting the phone right for 45 minutes once and no answer.

Rooms are a little well used but nice. Check your fridge when you get in, the turn them way down when they aren't being used, something I didn't realize and lost some groceries my first week.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - Greenway Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review about your stay. I am glad that you like our location with easy access to 59, Greenway Plaza and the Galleria. I am sorry that you lost some groceries your first week with us and to hear that you had issues getting a hold of the hotel the many times you attempted to call them with no answer, I will definitely look into that, thank you for bringing it to our attention. I would like to offer you a "Be Our Guest" Certificate so that you can give our hotel a chance to prove that your unsatisfactory experience was an exception. Please respond by sending me your information to my e-mail address gmartinez@extendedstay.com, once again thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Stayed for the All-Star weekend and the accomodations exceeded our expectations. The representative I dealt with, believe her name was Chelsea, was more than helpful. She even was able to find us a reservation at the last minute.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - Greenway Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

I received a copy of your great review. I am glad that the accommodations exceeded your expectations and that Chelsea was more than helpful in finding you a last minute reservation. Thank you for choosing ExtendedStay America Galleria-Westheimer and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed February 19, 2013

I Stayed there for all star week end. My stay was nice and the the receptionist was nice helpful and professional. I enjoyed my stay the young lady that check me in was Chelsea very polite. i defiantly come back to stay on my next trip.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

I received a copy of your review, thank you for taking the time to write it. I am excited that your stay during the All-Star weekend was nice and that Chelsea was polite, helpful and professional. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you in the near future!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I really enjoyed my 6-day stay at this hotel - my room was large, spacious, clean and well-furnished, and I liked the kitchen facilities - they came in handy for reheating meals, making tea, etc. The bathroom was clean, spacious and in good condition (very important for me), the TV had a good range of channels, and the bed was comfortable - I never had any problems getting a good night's sleep. Basically, everything I needed for a comfortable and convenient stay was provided.

I also liked the location of the hotel - very accessible just off the freeway, and in a very nice, quiet part of town. The free parking was very convenient since I was renting a car, and I was always felt safe and secure in the area. I didn't have much interaction with the staff (which is fine with me), but generally I found them approachable. I think this place offers great value for money in Houston, and would recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad that you enjoyed your six day stay with us. Its' great that you found our kitchen facilities handy for reheating your meals and that you found our beds comfortable and you got a good nights sleep during your stay. I am excited that you found our location accessible, quiet, convenient and made you feel safe and secure. Thank you for choosing ExtendedStay Hotels and for recommending us. We hope to see you again soon!