“good for long business stays”

Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - Greenway Plaza
Ranked #268 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Schertz, Texas
“good for long business stays”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I stayed here for about a little over a week, the stay was very nice and the staff was friendly and professional. They were nice enough to even book me a room at their different location when they were booked up with the weekend. I will reccomend and consider this hotel next time I'm on the job location

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - Greenway Plaza, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am excited that we were your home for more than a week and that the staff was very friendly and professional and that they even booked a room for you at another one of our locations when they did not have availability. Thank you for choosing ExtendedStay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon should your job bring you to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Cleveland
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I just moved to Houston. Me, my car, and whatever fit in the trunk and backseat.

I spent 8 nights at this property. Primarily due to the weekly discounted rates, and the thought that a kitchen might be useful (stoves, microwaves, and fridges aren't quite readily available in most hotels).
The Stove, not used. The Fridge, held a 2 liter of Bottled water and salsa. The microwave, helpful in heating up my Instant Oatmeal provided free with Coffee each morning. So, not certain I fully took advantage, but it was nice to know these appliances were available.

The room was clean, and overall appeared to have newer carpet. Unlike most hotels, your room is cleaned once per week for new sheets and towels. This was fine with me from a security standpoint. Less traffic the better, as I had lots of expensive electronics in the room. Again, I was moving, and didn't want anything left in the car visible. Heard about lots of car break-in's in Houston. Again, be smart. No matter where you are. Don't leave bags or anything visible in the cab of you car.

Staff, was kind and helpful. (Mie was always smiling and pleasant)

Overall, great value, and I had no complaints.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank vav717
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - Greenway Plaza, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Thank you for writing a review of your stay. I am glad that even though we do provide you with all the comforts of a kitchen and you didn't use, it was available to you should you have needed it. We pride ourselves in providing a clean and comfortable room along with the excellent customer service as provided by our smiling and pleasant employee, Mie. Thank you for choosing ExtendedStay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Every year we quilters gather in Houston, and every year we return to this hotel, so there must be a good reason. We truly feel at home away from home. And what makes it so great? The staff. It is really nice when the girls on the desk know you and treat you like old friends, and I have to agree with others that Mie is a great help (where to buy milk nearby) and a good giggle. This hotel is right next to the freeway and is totally quiet. It's surrounded by a variety of restaurants of all nationalities within walking distance. It's clean and comfortable. Everything works, including that very handy fully equipped kitchen. What more could you ask. We love it, and we'll be back!

Room Tip: Don't take a disabled room unless you are disabled.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - Greenway Plaza, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for taking the time out to write such awesome feedback of your stay. It's great to hear that we felt like your "home away from home" during your stay with us and that Mie and the entire staff were great and treated you like "old friends". We take pride in our clean and comfortable rooms as the one you stayed in. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I am amazed by the Customer Service at this hotel that I received from Terran Mitchell. OMG!! She really made me and my guests feel at home. The rooms were so clean and the staff really made it easier for the things we needed. I am soooo pleased with the service and I will surely recommend this hotel many times over. terran is so nice and her mannerisms are exceptionally professional.

Room Tip: The hotel is in great proximity to restaurants and banking-- if needed.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - Greenway Plaza, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for the AWESOME review of our property. I am so glad to hear of the great service you received from Terran and that she made you feel right at home. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you back soon!
Prairie View, Texas, United States
Reviewed October 8, 2012

My stay here was AWESOME! I loved staying here. I had never stayed here before and wasn't familiar with the surroundings, but I am glad i stayed here and no where else. The front desk clerk, Mie, really made me feel welcomed and was very helpful. I love her personality.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - Greenway Plaza, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a GREAT review. I am thrilled that Mie was so helpful to you since you have never stayed with us and were not familiar with the surroundings. Thank you again for choosing ExtendedStay Hotels and we look forward to seeing you again!
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I am from Los Angeles and my time at the Extended Stay America in Houston was a very pleasant experience for me, especially since it was my first time in Houston and at the hotel.. I love the hospitality I received from Mie who was excellent. She works at the front desk, and was very helpful. Plus always greets you with a smile, as well as the rest of the staff. My room was very clean and sufficient. My bed was very comfortable for relaxation and a good night's rest.. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who does not want to spend a whole lot of money but still want the professional service you would receive at the Hilton, Four Seasons and etc.

Saundra

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - Greenway Plaza, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us on your first visit to Houston and that Mie provided you with such great service, as we strive to provide for every guest, every time. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 5, 2012

This is a nice place to stay. Love the location, it's clean, and safe. As a single female staying in Houston on business for a couple of months it's a good location for the price. The staff is WONDERFUL. The young woman that check me in, Mie is always friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - Greenway Plaza, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your stay and the service you received at our hotel. The staff and I strive to provide friendly service, clean rooms and comfortable surroundings. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.