“Words cannot describe”

Ranked #342 of 504 Hotels in Houston
Centennial, Colorado
“Words cannot describe”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

This place has no amenities, not even a business center or fitness room. Things that every extended stay property should at least have. Rooms are average but cleanliness is definitely an issue here. Had to switch out of 2 rooms before settling on 3rd which wasn't great either. Just the thing that you want to do after a long flight. The Grab & Go breakfast is a joke too, it's granola bars and old fruit. They can do a lot better and so can you...

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank Chris W
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - I-10 West - Citycentre, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Chris - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us.
The Issues you described is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience.
In response to your feedback, we are reviewing cleaning procedures and ensuring that each room is inspected prior to check-in. I have changed your room replaced your fridge To make it right I also have a BOG certificate that can be used at any ESA location for 1 free night.

Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at Hkf@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel now and next time you're in town.

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

We stayed 2 months at this hotel. It was very CLEAN, the room was always cool. The furniture was very nice and well kept.

The staff was friendly and professional. The Wifi was not bad in comparison to other extended stays wifi service. It's usually worse than dial up!

This was a very nice 2 months stay!

• Stayed September 2012
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

The grabbing go breakfast could be better and earlier. but overall the staff is concerned for my safety& and how comfortable I am while I'm staying here. allowing me to use the amenities at the other extended stay is nearby is a plus!! maintenance has always been on call to help me whenever I needed them... thank you. Jason Edward King...

• Stayed March 2013
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

I stayed at this hotel while relocating to the Houston area.

The pros: I am a non-smoker moving from Austin and had tried other hotels in the area boasting non-smoking rooms/floors only to leave after a day. I had no such problems here. The bed was comfortable and I wish my pillows at home were this nice (I even Googled the manufacturer on the label to see if a non-commercial was available). The rooms were very quite, I often thought I was the only person in the hotel. Very convenient to I-10 and Beltway 8 (North and South).

The cons: there was no exhaust fan in the bathroom; there was a place for it and a wiring hardware, I requested to have it installed, but even after my 5 week stay, still no fan. I purchased a Plug-In Air Freshener because I didn't like the smell of their cleaning products (probably a personal thing).

The pros vastly outweigh the cons. I would stay here again and recommend my friends this location as well.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

I am currently staying in this hotel. Have been here a week and have a week left and though it is close to work and good value for the price I just can't get past the smell. The hallwas reek of seafood and other gross smells. I guess because they only clean once a week but it would be great if they could at least clean the halls. We were supposed to have our room cleaned after a week but they have not showed up the past two days and our room smells terrible. I would be very pleased with the hotel if they would just take care of the terrible odor.

• Stayed February 2013
3 Thank Alyssaperry
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - I-10 West - Citycentre, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear alyssaperry

I recently received a copy of your review for my Extended Stay Katy, and wanted to take a moment to respond. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

It is my pleasure to provide an explanation regarding the issue you described. Every part of our hotel, from the in-room features, to the design of our guest corridors, to the personalized voicemail, is an integral part to creating a "home away from home" experience for our guests. Since we recognize that a quiet, relaxing environment is critical to this goal, we have several systems to ensure that noise from within or outside the hotel doesn't interfere with your stay. Although rare, there are instances where a guest may hear noises from the surrounding area. Whenever we are informed of such disturbances, our standard operating procedure is to promptly identify the source of that disturbance and resolve it. I take full responsibility that we were unable to resolve this situation to your satisfaction during your stay. Also, I apologize for the other issues with your room.

It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

If you are in relocation to this area of Houston Texas, this is a great place for an extended stay. My room was super clean and well equiped for an extended stay. Comfortable beds and always hot shower. Good in-room internet access too. The staff was super friendly and very helpful. Easy and nice grab and go breakfast in the morning with excellent brewed coffee. I will stay here again and recommend you too, if you need a nice safe place to stay in this area of Houston.

Room Tip: If you are in and out a lot during the day or night and have occassional laundry to do, I would reco...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - I-10 West - Citycentre, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Ted S

Thank you so very much for your nice review of our Extended Stay Katy property. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. I thank you for staying with us for over a year and half. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. I will personally congratulate my entire staff on your behalf.
As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Please know that we would be thrilled to have you continue your stay. Once again, thanks for all of your kind words.
Florida City, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

I stayed in Room 206 and i loved it. The room was clean and fresh. Breakfast in the morning was good with muffins, coffee and fruits. The front desk clerk was great. Specially Raza he helped me with my computer problems. i was having internet problem in my room but raza came and fixed it for me. He always has smile on his face. Thank you so much Raza for all your help.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - I-10 West - Citycentre, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Dear JamesM

Thank you so very much for your nice review of our Extended Stay Katy property. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. I thank you for staying with us for over a year and half. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. I will personally congratulate the staff on your behalf.