All reviews an extended period of time place to stay free wifi esa kitchenette tv cleanliness
Reviewed January 10, 2018

Awesome hotel, great people, and the monthly rate was absolutely outstanding. The staff was always very helpful and accommodating. The manager, Krissy took the time to know me personally and super responsive to all of my requests. I would highly recommend the hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2018, traveled on business
1  Thank X7578XUmichaelk
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Northwest - HWY 290 - Hollister, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2018

Michael, it was our pleasure having you as our guest at Extended Stay America. We are delighted to read you had an amazing stay with us and loved our friendly staff. We will be surely sharing your praises with the entire team for providing you with an excellent service. Thank you for recommending us to the future guest, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed December 27, 2017

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel, other than the slow internet, everything was great...Bobby and every other staff made my stay a very comfortable one. They were ever ready to help in whatever way they can. I thank you all.

Stayed: December 2017, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Northwest - HWY 290 - Hollister, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2017

Wasiu, thank you for staying at Extended Stay America. We are glad to read you had a nice time with us and that you were impressed with our courteous service. We will be sure to share your compliments with the entire team, especially Bobby. Your feedback with regard to the internet has been shared with our maintenance team. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed November 27, 2017

The hotel was okay. I would stay here again, to be sure; so keep that in mind when you read my review. My hotel reviews are judged on three primary points: is the hotel clean? Quiet? Is the bed comfortable?

Cleanliness leaves a lot to be desired here. While my room was tidy, there were remnants of past guests under the bed (dirty underwear, dirt, coins, etc.). There was also a can lid under the trash can; the top of the refrigerator was disgustingly dirty, and the cabinets were all dusty. I asked that these issues be addressed from minutes after I checked into the room; and continued to ask daily for the first week of my stay – but this was never actually addressed. Sure, they came and changed my towels, but no one ever cleaned up the nastiness.

I think it is important to note, although there were issues with lazy housekeeping practices and lack of effective management, I did not see any pests or bugs at all (and I’m pretty thorough).

There is some construction going on, which is fine – it is good to see them improving; but the fact they closed a fire exit without notifying anyone in advance was rather concerning. Keeping the trash bin in the hallway, from which the odor would make it into my room, was short sighted and disgusting. I also have a problem with finding used needles and used diapers in the hotel parking area – though they were cleaned up within a couple of days; and this is more a reflection on the other guests than on the hotel itself (though anything such as this should have been cleaned within hours, not days).

The hotel was remarkably quiet, which is a plus; but the bed was like sleeping on a stone tablet. When I checked the mattress, I did note it appeared new – which given the cleanliness notes above, is a big plus.

I will also comment that the water pressure in the shower was downright pathetic. I can understand and appreciate the green approach with regards to water conservation, but the shower is borderline ineffective. It took three times longer to rinse off than normal, which hardly helps conserve water.

Their “free” WIFI is equally sad. I’ve been on dial-up connections in sub-Saharan Africa with better speed and less drop-outs. They charge for “premium” internet speeds, and therefore make their free option so miserable as to leave their guests no choice but to upgrade (hmm, sounds like the current warnings about keeping net neutrality). I used it primarily for e-mail only; for web browsing, I just tethered to my mobile phone – it was faster.

Lastly, their claims for “breakfast included” are overstated. They provide coffee and a few dry cereal bars. There is no “breakfast included”, despite their claims to the contrary.

So I would stay here again, but it would certainly not be my first choice. If I found another hotel with similar marks for cleanliness, but higher marks for comfort, I would strongly consider it – even if it means paying more.

Room Tip: Consider another hotel if possible; if not, the rooms I saw were all the same as my review.
  • Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Northwest - HWY 290 - Hollister, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2017

Thank you for your visit to our hotel and for your online review. We are committed to offering every one of our guests an exceptional stay, and we apologize that we did not do so for your visit. We are always looking for ways we can improve and we will take your feedback into account and will share it with the department involved to ensure they review and action on your feedback. Thanks again. We hope to have the opportunity to make a much better impression on a future stay.

Reviewed October 10, 2017

Other hotel guests stacked trash in the hallways. The trash containers in the stairwells make reek of trash. The tub didn't drain properly, and the police, and fire departments were called due to suspected arson.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Northwest - HWY 290 - Hollister, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2017

Thank you for your review. On behalf of our entire team, please accept our apologies for providing you with anything less than a satisfactory experience. Please be assured that we are taking immediate steps to avoid such problems in the future. It is our goal to provide an excellent experience to each guest, so we hope you will give us a chance to redeem ourselves the next time you visit our area.

Reviewed October 5, 2017

There are so many positives to mention.....Great STAFF, the rooms are top notch, very comfortable bed, great kitchen (up to date, microwave, refrig, oven , cabinets etc .), Full size bathtub in a comfortable up to date bathroom, all fixtures are up to date and working well, large big screen tv with free cable and free wi-fi. i love the outdoor pool in the palm tree setting, AND MUCH, MUCH more...

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Northwest - HWY 290 - Hollister, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2017

Thanks for the awesome feedback. We are thrilled to know all went great during your stay and that you were satisfied with all that we have to offer. It was a pleasure serving you at Extended Stay America, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.