“Plan to be your own housekeeper”

Extended Stay America - Houston - Northwest
Ranked #290 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed February 18, 2013

If you do not have a problem with doing your own housekeeping, this hotel is for you. I have never stayed in a hotel where I had to change my linen and take them down to the front desk to exchange them. This not only applied to the towels, but also to the sheets, WOW! Housekeeping was only available for the rooms of persons checking out. And the breakfast was a joke. No juice, only coffee and muffins and breakfast bars. There were two good things: Location and Size of room. Close to lots of shopping and food and the rooms were very spacious. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Vakween
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

We know that our guests have many lodging options, which is why we work hard to provide them with the exact service they expect. As is true of most extended stay hotels, we offer scaled back housekeeping service. We also offer additional daily housekeeping service for a nominal charge. Functioning in this way allows us to provide all guests with the number of housekeeping services that best suits them. I do regret, however, that we were not able to make this clear to you before you booked your stay with us.

Again, I apologize and promise you that we are committed to your total satisfaction. If there is anything you would like to discuss further with me or our guest relations team, please don't hesitate to contact us by visiting our website and clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope you will give us the honor of having you as a guest again if future travels will bring you into our area

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Very nice staff and excellent service & hotel I would definitely return for another stay. I would recommend this hotel to all my friends. It was very impressive to have such a comfortable atmosphere. The convenience of having different stores to shop at around the hotel area was a plus also. I think that the manager & staff members must work hand in hand to keep this hotel such an wonderful place. Home away from home

• Stayed: January 2013
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Reviewed February 12, 2013

This is a great hotel i will stay here again and also recommend it to friends and family. The staff or great peoples and latoya have been got to me since I checked making sure I have everything I need.

• Stayed: February 2013

It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I just stayed at this hotel for three days and could not take it anymore and left. I didn't even stay the whole night my last night there. There where huge roaches in the hall, and my room had fleas and roaches. This place must be a hot spot for drugs, cause they have major traffic coming and going all hours of the night. My room was near the side doors on the first floor, that is how I know people where making show much noise coming and going. Beer cans where being used to keep the doors propped open. I was only in my room at night, so when i would go to the front desk nobody was ever there. When I finally talked to the front desk person they told me there was security on property. What a joke the guard stays in his car all night sleeping. The place really smells like wet dog and mold. Then the so called grab and go breakfast was a joke. Sorry to leave such a bad report, but after the stay I had you would understand I have been generous in my critiques.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank L D
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Reviewed January 30, 2013

We are halfway through our stay and, thus far, our overall experience at ESA has been excellent.The location is convenient to our daughter's home, and to all of the locations we want to visit in Houston. The staff is always helpful, and is always quick to respond to our requests. LaTonya, the hotel manager, is always available to help us. The front desk personnel - Breanna, Daizha and Sal, are always couteous and helpful, and always greet us with a smile. Eric, the maintenance man, is always quick to respond to our needs, and he always is able to solve our problem. We are also very satisfid with our chamber maid (we haven't learned her name), who does a good job, and occasionally does some helpful things that we didn't expect.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

I'm not big on extended stay hotels. Got this hotel on Priceline for a good rate and it was 2.5 stars with high ratings so I took it. Certainly don't think it deserves the high ratings that it has. Funky smell in the hallway (think nursing home) and even the smell of weed as we came in at nite in the hallway - this was ok in my college days but don't have the same appreciation today....but this is to be expected at a discount hotel with discount minded clientele. We had a single bed - Queen bed with cheap mattress - once again I had to remind myself I was at discount hotel not Hilton. Overall hotel was clean so give them credit where credit is due. Definitely need to clean carpets though more frequently. If you are on a tight budget an use to staying in cheap hotels you will like this hotel because it is the Ritz Carlton of cheap hotels....

• Stayed: January 2013

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience. You have my most sincere apologies that your stay wasn't totally enjoyable.

We understand that you have many lodging options, so we strive to set ourselves apart from the competition by offering clean, comfortable suites at an affordable price. We know that a comfortable bed is our guest's most valued amenity, which is why we poll our guests on their satisfaction with our bedding. Although our company regularly invests in bedding upgrades, including pillow top mattresses, to respond to customer preferences, we need to keep getting feedback like yours in order to steer us in the right direction. I assure you that my hotel and all Extended Stay Hotels will continue to invest in our guest's comfort.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

We just stayed here for three days and it was horrible. My wife and I where on the first floor and for three days there was so many people going in and out of the room above us. All night and all day dirty looking people coming in and out. There was so much noise coming from the lobby, I guess there was a football party. I tried to complain at the front desk, but I guess everyone goes home after midnight. There where drunk guys grilling by the pool, and urinating in the bushes. The gym equipment was dirty and wet. The girl at the desk gave me a card with the supervisors number, and I left her many messages and she never called back. This was the first time my company has used them, and it will be the last.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank xien n
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

I am eager to respond to your issue. Please know that we strive to provide our guests with a relaxing home away from home experience. In your case, we recognize that we failed to operate according to our standard practices, which caused the disturbance to last longer that it should have.