“Efficiency with some space”

Extended Stay America - Houston - Northwest
Ranked #299 of 506 Hotels in Houston
Mayfield Heights, Ohio
“Efficiency with some space”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I guess this Extended Stay was recently upgraded to a Deluxe, but it is still just an extended stay property but with bagels and muffins. Rooms are nice and large with a kitchenette separate from the living area and the bed in its own area. Furniture in good condition except for the bed's mattress, its time to change out the bedding when there is a well worn dip in the middle.

While everything else was fine, I do book hotel rooms to sleep in. Every room has a few flaws that can be overlooked this took it from very good to average. I would have let them know if asked how my stay was but the young lady that check-ed me out did not seem that interested.

Room Tip: check mattress for comfort first, then ask for another option if yours isn't right for you.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Northwest, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We are committed to providing every guest with outstanding accommodations, so I was pleased to read your remarks about your room. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. For that I am truly sorry.

We know that you have several lodging options, which is why it is so important to us that we provide you with a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price. We recognize that if our guests can't get a good night's sleep, they won't return, so we've chosen bedding that we hope best suits their needs. I do take seriously your concern, and promise that we will continue to look for ways to make sure every guest is as comfortable as possible when staying with us. Thank you very much once again for your review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Manager LaTonya is wonderful. She Is very accommodating and friendly. I have been here over a year and have never had a problem that wasn’t resolved in a very short period of time. Cleaning staff does amazing jobs in the rooms and the front desk staff know me by name and have always been a pleasure to talk too.

If you need a place to stay in the Northwest area of Houston, I HIGHLY recommend Extended Stay America on Hollister. A+ Facility all the way!

Room Tip: Recommend 3rd floor corner room. They are slightly bigger and one less neighbor. Rooms are VERY quie...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Northwest, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Mr. Rose, thank you so very much for your nice review of our property. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. Thank you for making us your "home away from home".
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I travel alot with my job and vacationing with my wife on our Harley Davidson. From the time I arrived in June 2012 to currently September 2012 the staff has been outstanding from the Mgr. LaTonya Campbell front desk personal Manuel, Meribel and Sal who always has a smile. Housekeeping who works very hard to keep us all happy and to maintenance who keeps the hotel running smooth and looking good. Thank you for all that you do.

Richard Clark

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank racharley
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Northwest, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Richard - I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at our hotel. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Campeche, Mexico
Reviewed June 18, 2012

It is my second time here and It has been a very gratefull experience to Stay here, quick, friendly and helpfull service, answer to all my questions with nice attitude, nice rooms, overall the kitchen, I have never seen in my country a service like this, is like be at home, with all those things, is very helpfull, you can save money there, you can cook, watch tv, swin in the pool, wash yopur clothes, do excersise, have a light breakfast in the morning, all this for the same price, it really worth the value.

Room Tip: check the carpet besides the kitchen, if looks like wet call the front desk somethimes the water fro...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Francisco E
, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Northwest, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay Deluxe Houston - Northwest. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

Bartlesville, Oklahoma
Reviewed June 12, 2012

I walked in and was greated with a smiling face. Even though the area was without power due to some severe weather. They were kind enough to take all my information, and put myself and my coworker in a room. They just asked once power was on to come back so they could get a copy of our ID's. They were courtious enough to call a day ahead and make sure we had enough nights due to the nature of our travels. The room was very tidy and clean. The whole hotel was clean smelling and quiet. Even though this whole establishment was completely booked, it was pleasant none the less to stay here. I will be more than happy to stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Ray102386
, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Northwest, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Ray,

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay Deluxe Houston - Northwest. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Alta Loma, California
Reviewed June 2, 2012

This was our first time to Houston Texas and at this hotel.. I enjoyed everything about this place! I love the cleaness, promptness of the staff and how they made you feel so welcomed! I LOVED the greeting I recieved in the Lobby in the morning and at night! The staff at the front desk was so courtious and always had a smile on their face! The rooms were clean and it was a great little home away from home. We enjoyed everything about this hotel and will DEFINITELY stay again in the future!

Room Tip: if you have children ask for the first floor and close to the pool! Loved the view by the pool!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Houston, Texas
Reviewed May 26, 2012

i thoroughly enjoyed my room at extended stay, the staff were extremely polite and helpful. what really got me was that every morning, there was fresh coffee alongside bagels and muffins just waiting for guests in the lobby. my only grievance is that they do not have kat 5 cables/ethernet cables for there guests. Me, having stayed at extended stays before, was expecting them too. i brought my x-box along and thank goodness i brought a wireless adapter because it would be useless, plus the fact that when i first plugged in my laptop i realized why... they want to charge extra for a highspeed connection!!! i was thoroughly disappointed. the other extended stays all have been able to provide me with ethernet cords so far for free without trying to get extra money. that majorly disappointed me. sry extended but you need to change that. id rather pay 10$ more to stay somewhere that can provide me an ethernet cord and not try to rip me off $3 dollars a day for highspeed WIRELESS internet, what a joke. wireless only gets so fast. other than that the features and ammenities where great and the staff friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: their all pretty darn nice
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Northwest, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
Marshall,