“Average hotel, easy freeway access”

TownePlace Suites Houston I-10 West/Energy Corridor
Ranked #247 of 504 Hotels in Houston
San Antonio, Texas
“Average hotel, easy freeway access”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

There isn't much to say about this hotel. It was as expected. I reserved it on Priceline for about $40 over the weekend in early April. It was a great deal for any hotel so I didn't expect much.

The parking was free and easy. Continental breakfast was free and average, nothing extra to note. The hotel had easy freeway access which was nice. The room was big but the tv was in a weird spot requiring you to spin it over 90 degrees if you moved from the sofa to the bed. Nothing else to mention.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
TMIHospitality, Manager at TownePlace Suites Houston I-10 West/Energy Corridor, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Dear DPBonfire,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the TownePlace Suites Houston I-10 West Energy Corridor. I'm sorry to hear that we did not exceed your expectations! Our mission is to impress our guests, and I'm very sorry we did not accomplish this during your stay. Please allow us another opportunity to exceed your expectations on your next trip to the area.

Leo G.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Houston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

If you're coming from I-10, this place is behind the Fairfield Inn and Suites. It took me a minute to realize Towneplace was behind it. Walked in and staff was very welcoming and accommodating. Ryan at the front desk is extremely helpful.

The room was larger than I expected it to be, and was nice and clean. Had a good stay there. The only real downside was the next morning. My room was on the first floor and that morning there was landscaping/lawn mowing being done, so that was quite annoying to wake up to. Other than that everything else was great.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

I loveeed my stay here. I'm a clean freak so I immediately checked bed sheets, pillows, shower, and towels. Everything was clean. I stayed at motel 6 night before on katy fwy because everything was booked, I was upset towels had hair and shower dirty. I was overjoyed when I got to towneplace next day. Bed was comfortable and I loved the kitchen area. Very spacious for a 1 bed. Nice staff. Close to freeway, westheimer, and highway 6. I booked my stay on hotels.com and the room I had was more updated than the pics depict. Bed was updated and stylish (nothing like pics on hotels.com), furniture as well. Loved this hotel and will stay again.

Room Tip: I stayed on 1st floor. Room 104
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Timbuktu, Mali
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

The room was spacious and clean. I did not request but received a handicapped accessible room which I'm sure altered the room's layout because the bed was almost in the kitchen. Not what I would have chosen, but only there for three nights. What was not acceptable and what will keep me from staying there again is that the internet was down in the building that I was in and I found out had been down for FOUR DAYS. That is completely unacceptable in an age where everyone uses the internet for something. The workout room contained only one beat up treadmill and elliptical that had an incorporated televisions that didn't work, but did block the view of the larger TV in the room. This hotel, while clean and quiet, did not meet my needs.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Nooney M
TMIHospitality, Manager at TownePlace Suites Houston I-10 West/Energy Corridor, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Dear Nooney M,
Thank you for reviewing the TownePlace Suites Houston I-10 West/Energy Corridor. Please accept my apologies for the negative experience you had while you were here. Guest satisfaction is our top priority and we have used your feedback to improve our services for future guests. I would like you to know that we have since fixed our internet and workout equipment. I'm very sorry for the inconveniences that this may have caused you. Please allow us another opportunity to impress you on your next visit to the area.

Sydney M.
Property Manager
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

We had a pleasant stay. This is an extended stay-type place. It can be a little hard to find as it's behind a Fairfield Inn and the building isn't visible from the freeway. Our room was average sized and contained a queen bed, a sofa, a desk, and a small kitchen with a stove, microwave, refrigerator, and dishes. The decor was modern and simple. Wifi was good in our room.

The front desk area has a computer station, a large map of the area on the wall, and a smattering of snacks, frozen meals, and toiletries for purchase. Breakfast is included in the room rate and consists of hot items (eggs, sausages, waffles from a Texas-shaped waffle iron) and cold items (yogurt, cereal, muffins, fruit). Not great, but not bad either. It was certainly very convenient. The lady in the breakfast area was friendly and says hello to everyone. There is a self-service laundry room, and a tiny gym with one elliptical and one treadmill. There's also a small outdoor pool which is not big enough if you actually want to swim; it's more for playing in.

I am a light sleeper and was impressed by the sound proofing. The room next to us had a barking dog, and while we could hear it from the hallway, we could barely hear it in our room.

We found the way they cleaned our room to be inconsistent, but this is a minor quibble. Sometimes they replaced all the towels even though we hung them up intending to reuse them (per the instructions). One day we didn't get any square washcloths and had to ask for them at the front desk. Another day they replaced all the hotel toiletries even though they were still half full. (I hate wasting things.) One morning after a chilly night, we asked for blankets and was told they would be delivered to our room. They weren't in our room in the evening and when we asked about them, they said they had run out. But a staffer went over to the Fairfield to borrow some and delivered them with a smile.

Overall, we found it to be clean, friendly, quiet, and reasonably priced. Would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

Rachel is a wonderful lady, accomodating, humble, always smiling and keeps neat environment that makes my family and i happy. I sincerely appreciate her good work.She is a good representative of the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

While this wasn't really my cup of tea, I still gave it a good rateing because it was exactly what they claim it is. I was here on business and just needed a nice clean place to sleep in the energy corridor area and was not overly concerned with much else so I used the "name your own price" feature on priceline which leaves you in the dark as to the name and type of the property until your price is accepted and there is no turning back afterward. Great deals can be had this way but it occationaly has it's drawbacks.

I was concerned when I found out it was an extended stay type property as I generally steer clear of those due to previous bad experiences.

The staff was extreamly friendly and helpful and the suite was clean and tidy. The only drawback for me was that all the common area's were extreamly loud and crowded with LOTS of kids running around doing what kids do. They had a very small pool on site that I would have used only it was constantly full of kids splashing each other doing cannonballs etc. Nothing at all wrong with that just not very relaxing for a single adult traveler. They also had a tiny gym on site but the story was the same there as well, full of kids at all hours.

All in all this was a nice place, and obviously a great value for families traveling with children. I got a great price deal as well so I'm not complaining, it just would not be somthing I would purpously choose again when traveling alone on business.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business