“Good stop on the I-10 corridor to the west”

TownePlace Suites Houston I-10 West/Energy Corridor
Ranked #229 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I came into this hotel late at night with a car packed to the gills. I was relieved to find that there was security and a gate. Since it is on the western side of Houston this was a good stop on the way to the West Coast. The usual Hampton Inn amenities were there and my room was clean and in good order. The fitness room was in good condition. The staff was helpful and efficient. The breakfast was fine and the coffee was excellent. Starbucks and gas stations are nearby so it's easy to get back on the road ready to go.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
HoustonSales, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Houston I-10 West/Energy Corridor, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Thank you so much for staying with us & sharing your thoughts on the hotel with us! We work really hard to make sure every guest has an enjoyable visit, so I'm glad to see you were pleased with the hotel. I will be sure to pass along your comments to the rest of my team, as I'm sure everyone will be delighted to hear them! I hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip to the coast, and I hope to see your name on our reservations list again soon!!!

Thanks Again!

TownePlace Suite by Marriott - Houston Energy Corridor

There are newer reviews for TownePlace Suites Houston I-10 West/Energy Corridor

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I had very good experience during my long stay in Towneplace. Staff is very courteous and helpful , rooms are good , nice kitchen facility.

Particularly Justin and Rachel are very helpful. Always looking forward to help you. Justin always tries his best to help problems not even related to stay. Morning breakfast was pleasant with Rachel's greetings.

Room Tip: Rooms on 2nd/ 3rd floor are good.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
HoustonSales, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Houston I-10 West/Energy Corridor, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Thank you so much for the nice comments about our hotel and our team members! I love reading about instances when we go above and beyond to help a guest enjoy his/her stay a little more, and this is a great example! Rachael is still fairly new to our team, so I'm delighted to see that she is on board with our goals and that she is working hard to make sure everyone leaves her breakfast room with a smile! I love reading comments about Justin as well, because I know he takes great pride in his work and making sure guests are comfortable! I will be sure to pass along your kind words to both of them, as well as the rest of the crew!

Please let us know when you have plans to come back to Houston! We would love to have you stay with us again, and I think you're going to love our new rooms! Thanks again!

TownePlace Suites by Marriott - Energy Corridor

Reviewed December 7, 2012

This hotel won't blow you away with amenities, but for the price, it is excellent. Very comfortable and quiet. I stayed here on a few occasions for multiple weeks at a time will my wife and son while working in the area.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
HoustonSales, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Houston I-10 West/Energy Corridor, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2012

Thank you so much for the nice comments Michael! I'm glad to know you & your family enjoyed your stay with us, & I hope to see your name appear on our reservations list soon! If you have plans to come back to Houston in the near future, please make sure you let us know so we can get a suite ready for you!

TownePlace Suites by Marriott
Houston Energy Corridor

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed at TownePlace Suites for a long stay. I moved to Houston for a job and my house wouldn't be ready for 3 weeks. Staff was nice and helpful. The free breakfast helped as well. The carpet seemed a little old, but they actually brought in steam cleaners while we were staying there. Also the showers in the bathrooms could use some upgrades. But like I said, good experience overall.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Bill B
HoustonSales, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Houston I-10 West/Energy Corridor, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Hi Bill.

I want to thank you for leaving your feedback about the hotel, and your recent stay with us. The hotel is actually preparing to undergo some renovations in the coming weeks, so the carpet will be brand new very soon, and the breakfast buffet you enjoyed each morning will be even better! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us, and even happier to hear that you are officially moved into your new home! Congratulations & welcome to Houston!

TownePlace Suites by Marriott

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Im a long time rewards member and I must say the staff here was the nicest I have come across and that says a lot because I have found Marriott and their staff very friendly and make my stays feel like a home away from home. The hotel can be tricky to find because it sits behind another marriott hotel on the service road of I-10. I was there for a week and the only problem I encountered was one day housekeeping didn't clean my room also I had told housekeeping there was an issue with the toilet in our room and when I returned from a long day it wasnt fixed. When I complained the front desk staff was very prompt to resolve the issue, very nice and even when I left appologized once again for the issue! The staff bent over backwards to make my stay comfortable and thats why I always stay at Marriott hotels and will continue to. Two thumbs up!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
HoustonSales, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Houston I-10 West/Energy Corridor, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

Thank you so much for your feedback MommyBean! It truly means a lot when someone takes the time to tell us about his/her experience at our hotel, and it's even more special when we get the opportunity to learn where we are succeeding and where we may want to focus our efforts when it comes to taking care of our guests!

I want to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay. We work very hard improve our internal communication, but it appears we still have some work to do. Please know that we are addressing the issue of communicating guest needs among the team on a regular basis, and we plan to use your experience and comments as a teaching tool for future training purposes. I think we can all learn a great deal from our customers' comments, so we are fortunate when we have someone like you stay with us and let us know how we're doing!

If you have plans to travel back to Houston in the future, please come back and see us! We would love to get the opportunity to WOW! you with our improved service! Thank you again for staying with us, and for supporting Marriott hotels!

Reviewed August 1, 2012

The hotel was clean and comfortable. Two colleagues and i stayed in a 2-BR Suite. It was well cared for and plenty spacious. The internet was fast enough, and the breakfast was a step up from the traditional continental, nothing fancy but adequate.

Where this hotel really wins is with the staff. We were only there for two nights and the staff used my name multiple times in greeting me. The Assist. GM Justin was overly friendly and willing to do just about anything to make sure the guests were card for. It was as though we were staying at a five star hotel. Incredible service. Way to go staff!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
HoustonSales, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Houston I-10 West/Energy Corridor, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

Hi Geoff!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and let people know your thoughts on our hotel. It's always good to hear feedback, and we truly appreciate when guests like you provide such valuable comments.

I'm glad to know you were pleased with our Internet service! That is such a major factor when people book a hotel, so we are always looking for ways to improve the speed so that all of our guests can relax in their room knowing that they can continue working or connect with their friends/ family without any issues!

I also want to thank you for your comments about our team. We work really hard to make sure each and every guest feels welcome and important, regardless of how long he/she is staying, or how many times he/she has stayed with us in the past. I'm glad to know that everyone here is still focused on this critical goal, and I thank you for bringing it to my attention! Thanks again for staying with us, and we hope to see you again soon!

Have A Great Day!

Reviewed July 2, 2012

The hotel is clean and the staff is more than accomodating to its guests! I had an extended stay for 9 weeks and Justin was friendly, efficient, and anticipated my needs. All of the staff were polite and courteous while I was walking the grounds, The hotel is between I-10 and a park/resevoir; which makes the area serene and comfortable; yet great acessibility.

I cannot say enough of the staff and how well I was treated. I would highly recommend this hotel and would stay there again. :)

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

Wow Kelly! Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments and providing us with feedback regarding your recent stay! It was wonderful getting to know you, and I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us! We are always excited to hear someone enjoyed his/her time at the hotel, but it's an even bigger celebration when a member of our team is acknowledged for great customer service! I will gladly pass along your words to Justin and the rest of the team, as I'm sure everyone will be delighted to hear them! Please know that your comments will stand as a reminder to us all about what we're doing well, and where we can possibly improve. I'm looking forward to hearing from you again, and learning about your next trip to Houston! If you thought our level of service was great this time, you'll be even more impressed on your next visit! Thanks again Kelly!