“OK but a bit dated....”

Candlewood Suites At CityCentre-Energy Corridor
Ranked #288 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Stayed on company business booked at our company rate which was the same as the nearby Sorella Hotel which is a great place but FULL.

The Candlewood was close to the CityCenter area which has plenty of good places to eat, drink and shop..... about 10min walk away or a few mins in the car.

For the price the Candlewood is average..... the room I had was large and well away from the noisy gym/shop area and the nearby highways could only just be heard.

The air con didn't respond to the wall controls but would randomly come on pumping cold air from a very noisy system..... I couldnt sleep with it blasting so had to find a way to turn it off at the wall. The room looked clean but the general smell and feel of the furnishings somehow felt grubby..... the bed was fine and had nice clean bedding.

There is no room safe which was a surprise considering the other facilities offered in room eg. two TVs, full kitchen etc.

Coming from the UK I'm not sure how often you'd expect to see a cockroach in a Houston hotel room but one decided to visit me in the bathroom one evening.... he was swiftly sent to cockroach heaven and I reported it to reception just in case.

Room Tip: Away from the reception/gym/store area on the ground floor
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank W-A-D-S68
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites At CityCentre-Energy Corridor, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

Dear W-A-D-S68,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our hotel and apologize for the inconvenience the air conditioning system and condition of room may have caused you. I appreciate feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed March 13, 2014

We were spending time in Houston attending a wine tasting event so we decided to stay at a hotel - we do not drink and drive. We found this place on a website and liked the location and the price. The hotel was being renovated - painted, new carpet etc so we spent time dodging the equipment that was being used. The hotel staff was very accommodating in our request for taxi service and the room was decent.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gramps3421
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites At CityCentre-Energy Corridor, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Dear gramps3421,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We value your opinions of how we hosted your stay. We are happy to see that you appreciate our hotel location and helpful staff. However, we apologize for any inconvenience caused by the on-going upgrades. We will use your feedback to help improve on our overall guest experience. We look forward to making your next stay even more memorable. Thank you again.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

I only stayed for one night, but I must admit, I'm highly impressed. I stayed in the one bedroom suite and fell in love. I felt completely comfortable in my room. The space was large, clean, and had everything I needed. For the price and location, I do not think you can top that.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank sight_s3eker
Jennifer D, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites At CityCentre-Energy Corridor, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

We are thrilled that you had such a positive experience at the Candlewood Suites At CityCentre-Energy Corridor! We always appreciate our guests taking the time to post their thoughts and opinions. We look forward to hopefully having the opportunity to accommodate you in the future!

Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is very clean and the staff are very friendly , mine was a 5 day stay. I will recommend this Hotel to anyone I know of coming this way. Great restaurant's right across the way in walking distance.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Jennifer D, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites At CityCentre-Energy Corridor, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to post such a positive review of your stay at our hotel! Your referral to others is something we truly appreciate and we welcome you back to Candlewood Suites At Citycentre-Energy Corridor anytime!

Reviewed May 18, 2013

We stayed for just one night, but found this to be a very nice place to stop over. We will stay there again when in the area again. It is very convenient to nearby Memorial City Hermann Hospital, and many excellent dining places. The hotel itself is exactly what you expect from this category: efficient, clean, and friendly staff. I noted it did have what looked like a decent fitness center.

Room Tip: We had a room on the ground floor and it was fine. The ac/heater units are on the walls below the wi...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Jennifer D, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites At CityCentre-Energy Corridor, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Well we are very fortunate that you found us for that one evening! I am very happy that you found our Candlewood to be of great value for you. We definitely look forward to your return in the future!

Reviewed April 29, 2013

We stayed 5 nights here and loved it. Same great Candlewood amenities as usual. Great location with 5 great restaurants across the street and US post office next door.
Taste of Texas Steakhouse is an absolute must!!
Only negative, we stayed on third floor across from smoking rooms. Our room didn't smell like smoke but the hallway wreaked!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Although I am grateful that your suite was not affected by the cigarette smoke of the hallway, I certainly do apologize for that incident. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the hallway, as it will most definitely be passed on throughout our staff to keep on top of that. Your review was very helpful and will only help us to improve on anything we can.

As for the rest of your stay, I am so happy to know that you enjoyed our hotel and location to all of the restaurants! We look forward to the opportunity to accommodate you again in the future!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

For the road warrior, this property is pretty good. I am impressed with the interior room upgrades. Now they only need to upgrade te exterior as it does not complement the nice room interior. I give it4 stars because its more than adequate for the regular, extended stay road warrior, and no noisy neighbors during my stay (and this was true of past stays). I hope the property considers fixing up the outside appearance.

Room Tip: Technically it's located in City Centre near all of the nice, upscale dining and shopping the ar...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family