Stayed on company business booked at our company rate which was the same as the nearby Sorella Hotel which is a great place but FULL.
The Candlewood was close to the CityCenter area which has plenty of good places to eat, drink and shop..... about 10min walk away or a few mins in the car.
For the price the Candlewood is average..... the room I had was large and well away from the noisy gym/shop area and the nearby highways could only just be heard.
The air con didn't respond to the wall controls but would randomly come on pumping cold air from a very noisy system..... I couldnt sleep with it blasting so had to find a way to turn it off at the wall. The room looked clean but the general smell and feel of the furnishings somehow felt grubby..... the bed was fine and had nice clean bedding.
There is no room safe which was a surprise considering the other facilities offered in room eg. two TVs, full kitchen etc.
Coming from the UK I'm not sure how often you'd expect to see a cockroach in a Houston hotel room but one decided to visit me in the bathroom one evening.... he was swiftly sent to cockroach heaven and I reported it to reception just in case.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come and experience our new Comforts of Home™ Bedding Collection.Candlewood Suites Houston Town & Country is an all-suite, extended-stay hotel located in the heart of the Houston Energy Corridor. The Candlewood Suites Houston Town & Country, near the intersection of Beltway 8 and I-10, provides easy access to all major Houston freeways. Fully equipped kitchens in every suite make this hotel the perfect option for the extended stay traveler. Large work desks, two line phones and free high speed Internet access make the Candlewood Suites the ideal extended stay hotel choice for the corporate traveler. 33% larger than a typical hotel room and significantly more affordable than a corporate apartment, the Candlewood Suites is the perfect 'home away from home' for relocation, project, temporary assignment or training needs. Candlewood Suites offers both studio and one-bedroom suites. You can relax in the overstuffed recliner while you enjoy the VHS/ DVD player. Borrow your favorites from our free video library. In our Candlewood Cupboard, you can purchase meals, snacks and sundry items at value prices. Additionally, unlike a corporate apartment, the Candlewood Suites does not require a lease or minimum length of stay. Whether traveling to Houston for business or leisure, for one night or several months... Candlewood Suites Houston Town & Country is the solution to your temporary housing needs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Candlewood Suites At CityCentre-Energy Corridor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Houston-Town And Country
- Candlewood Suites Houston-Town & Country Hotel Houston