“Good value” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #126 of 501 Hotels in Houston
Fort Worth, Texas, USA
“Good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2012

Good quality and valve for money. The hot tub looked like it needed a little cleaning but overall good experience. Usual breakfast items, waffles lacked flavor.
Room was clean and well maintained. The bed was very comfortable, slept well.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2012

Houston was sold of every hotel room when I went there for business so the only hotel I could get a room at was the La Quinta. Not somewhere I would usually stay. It wasn't terrible, if you are forced to stay somewhere for a night you can manage here but I am used to a nicer hotel and this didn't exactly give me what I wanted. Above the bed there were water stains, I was put in a handicap room right across from the gym (which was noisy in the AM) but I couldn't get any other rooms as they had nothing else. The room was dated and had a dust on the bed (probably from the popcorn ceiling).

The staff were nice and there is a free basic breakfast in the morning which is a benefit. I would expect a hotel like this to be much cheaper. For what I paid I would have expected a better hotel. I would not stay here agin if I was going to Houston.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the ground floor near the workout room, it is noisy.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
ekibrush
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2012

I am starting to like La Quinta's more and more . They are on the top of my list to book hotels now .This hotel is no exception.
Frontdesk staff is very friendly and checks you in fast . Rooms are a little bigger than the average room. It had like an extra corner. Very practical if you're having extra luggage !
The room itself is very clean and looks new. Bathroom very nice . Beds are good and comfy.
Breakfast is the typical free La Quinta breakfast. Not like a regular paid breakfast , but useful.
Internet works fast and flawless.
Location is right next to Katy Highway. Very convenient if you need to go anywhere in Houston . It's only 25 minutes away from downtown.
There's a subway a block down if you arrive late(r). I don't know if there are any restaurants closeby .
Katy Mills ( the outletmall ) is 10-15 minutes away. Another regular mall ( Macy's , Dillard's etc. ) is 5-10 minutes away, including a Target store .
Parking is free at the hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2012

I was traveling to Houston with a friend to visit a close girlfriend for an event. My girlfriend who lives in Houston selected this hotel for her vistors from out of town. She had stayed in La Quinta's in other parts of TX and was always very happy with her stays. We arrived to a very friendly front desk staff who directed us to our room and informed us of the free breakfast. I opened the door to our room and was completely underwelmed. The room seemed very small, TV remote did not work properly (old TV), large tree blocking the view from the window, bathroom toilet seat had burn marks and really should have been replaced. Hated the doors that lead to the bathroom...UGH. Oh, I forgot that the room was extremely far from the elevator which made it a nightmare trying to bring our luggage up. The good things were the location...so close to everything. The beds were comfortable and the breakfast was very tasty. I found out that all of the rooms were getting new TV's installed within the next few weeks after we left. I would stay again, but I would make some request prior to getting my room.

Room Tip: Get a room on a higher floor and request something close to the elevator.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends