While this modern hotel has an arguably good location because it is close to the Galleria and the intersection of two major freeways in the center of Houston (US 59 Southwest Freeway and I-610 Loop), for a first time visitor to Houston, it will likely prove difficult to find, as it is otherwise in the middle of nowhere. A car is strongly recommended if you are staying here because there is no public transportation, eating or shopping within walking distance of the hotel, although the hotel does reportedly offer shuttle service to the Houston Galleria, a mega-sized high end shopping mall. Candlewood Suites is IC Hotel/Holiday Inn’s answer to Residence Inn, so the style and layout of the hotel and rooms are similar to a Marriott Residence Inn, and appears geared more to those who intend to stay long term, although it is also fine for short term stays. Unlike a traditional hotel, daily maid service is limited to towel change and trash removal, with more extensive weekly room cleaning. You can also exchange for clean towels at the Front Desk as needed. My room was large and well designed, with a big work space, full kitchen with a counter to sit and eat and a comfortable bed. The window split duct air conditioning unit was loud, but it worked well. The staff was very pleasant and both check-in and out were efficient and uneventful. The free Wi-Fi worked with no problems, but is too slow for video. The gym was quite modern with a high end multi-station weight machine, an elipitical and bike, but no free weights. This hotel is fine for a business trip or tourists to Houston if you need or want to be in the Galleria area and have a car (parking is free), but if you do not have a car, there are other hotels closer to and within walking distance to the Galleria which would be better choices If location is not a concern for you, and you have a car, at just $75/night, this hotel is recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come and experience our new Comforts of Home™ Bedding Collection.The Candlewood Suites Houston by the Galleria Hotel, is you best choice for alternative corporate housing, temporary housing and extended stays. We have easy access to Houston's Downtown business district, Galleria business district and the Greenway Plaza. Our suites, big and built for comfort, are the ultimate accommodations for business travelers. Each suite has a full kitchen complete with microwave and full size refrigerator with ice maker. Work efficiently at your oversized executive desk with two separate phone lines and free high-speed Internet access. Relax in the overstuffed recliner while you enjoy the CD player or watch a DVD from our free video and CD library. Work off some stress in our fitness center or visit our Candlewood Cupboard. You can purchase meals, snacks and sundry items at value prices. We re a pet friendly hotel too (fees apply). The Candlewood Suites Houston by the Galleria Hotel is located less than half a mile south of the Galleria - One mile from Greenway Plaza and three miles from Reliant Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Candlewood Suites Houston by the Galleria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Houston By The Galleria Hotel Houston
- Houston Candlewood Suites
- Candlewood Houston