“Great location. Good for a business Trip”

Candlewood Suites Houston by the Galleria
Ranked #302 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Anytown, USA
“Great location. Good for a business Trip”
Reviewed August 28, 2011

I stayed here for a couple of weeks during a business trip. Good value for money. The location is convenient for those with work in Galleria area. Even downtown Houston is easily accessible.
The property is not new but comparable to other Candlewood suites that I have stayed at.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank M B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Palo Alto
Reviewed August 25, 2011

I stayed here March 31st- April 5th. I stayed in room 139 and found that were a myrid of small annoyances. The first one was the room door and the "swinging" lock,(the one you put over the little ball) did not line up properly so the door was not totally double locked. The second thing was that the bathroom door was not hung properly. When open, the door would swing all the way open regardless of how little you tried to keep it open . The third thing was that the front door wasn't a smooth easy close. You had to put a little bit of effort behind it. The next thing is that the bathroom vanity was not aligned properly. This is the cabinet that holds the sink. On the toilet side side it was over hanging from the front causing a jagged edge. Then there was the phone book. There was A-L yellow pages in the room, but no M-L so you couldn't order pizza. The next item was that the kitchen faucet leaked more often then not fron the top. This is where the round circular top met the faucet on top. Next was the toilet seat was loose so it had to repositioned everytime you used it. Then there was a bent window screen which prevented you from wanting to open the window (with all the bugs in this part of the country). And the last but not least was that the closet door did not shut tight..

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank edgar90
Wiesbaden, Germany
Reviewed August 21, 2011

Unfortunately the first room we got was quite smelly, and we probably found the reason for that on the second day when we tried to use the dishwasher and noticed water leaking.

We were moved to another room which smelled much better.

Rooms in this hotel are equipped with a small kitchenette featuring a hot plate, fridge, microwave and dishwasher, so you can throw together a small dinner without having to go out.

We were very much impressed by the helpfulness of the staff when we realized that we left the car lights on over night and had drained the battery. They had a starter cable and a member of the staff jump started our car.

Even though the interior of the hotel is average, we'd still come back if the price is right. The location of this hotel is quite good as long as you have a car.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Lagos, Nigeria
Reviewed July 21, 2011

I stayed at this property for 2 weeks at the beginning of July. It was much cleaner than I had expected for the price (I paid $69 +tax per night). The staff at the front desk are friendly; but the security does seem a little lax because anyone could walk in and out without being questioned. However, the location of the hotel is fairly safe so no bother. It is situated close to the Galleria (5 mins by car), but walking there is not an option because 1) the weather is hot hot hot!, and 2) Houston streets are not pedestrian friendly, the notion of walking anywhere seems strange to Houstonians.
It is true the maid service only comes once a week, but every adult should be able to make their own bed for a week at least. There is a good stock of towels in the bathroom. The rooms are fairly spacious, and the kitchen area is a godsend even though the hotel only provides one saucepan (which is really a small stock pot).
All in all, it was well worth the price.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Beaumont, Texas
Reviewed July 16, 2011

I always enjoy the friendly staff and clean rooms when I stay at this hotel. The location is convenient to many restaurants and shopping. Staff is also knowledgable with area attractions and offer good suggestions. Whether business or personal, I will return. The rooms are clean and the prices are reasonable for any budget.

Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Vivian200910
Conroe, Texas
Reviewed July 15, 2011

This is my home away from home hotel. The Candlewood Suites Galleria has a great location close to restaurants, downtown, and the Galleria area. The staff will make you feel like you are part of the family. I often check-in early and my room is always ready. If going to Relaint Stadium this is the perfect place to stay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank topcat458
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 5, 2011

I came to visit a family member here and my car was broken into. While in the parking lot trying to assess the damage to my vehicle, I noticed another car in the parking lot sitting on blocks. It had all four wheels taken off. After speaking to some other guests, I found out that this seems to be just a typical night at the Candlewood Suites Galleria. I called and spoke with the manager about the break in, she had the "i could care less" attitude and gave me an unheartfelt apology. When I inquired about why there was no video survellience of the parking lot, she told me that would require someone to watch the monitor. WHAT IS SO BAD ABOUT THAT??????? I guess the safety of your guests and their belongings isn't worth the $8.50 per hour you could pay someone to monitor the parking lot. Oh well, I know where I won't be staying anymore and if you don't mind having your car broken into, and then reporting it to management that doesn't give a damn, then I strongly recommend staying at the Candlewood Suites Houston Galleria.

Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank cwilliams47
candlewoodgalleria, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Houston by the Galleria, responded to this review, July 8, 2011
Thank you for your review of Candlewood Suites Houston by the Galleria. As a small hotel in a residential area we work hard to insure a safe and happy environment, however, as we live in a large city sometimes things happen that are out of our control. We have recently hired a security team to monitor the parking lot during the evening hours. It is unfortunate that we have some bad people out there that do not respect other people's property. We do respect our guests and their property, so we have added this security along with the other amenities that the hotel offers to our guests. Please be aware that in Houston all public parking lots have posted signs asking that you do not leave valuables in the car because they become targets for criminals. Please feel free to contact me debra.johnson@ihg.com Thank you.