“Marriott Courtyard”

Courtyard Houston Westchase
Ranked #254 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed November 16, 2013

This was probably our 4th or 5th stay in this hotel. We think it is a good location if you plan on going into town and going to the Galleria. The price is very reasonable on weekends. This past visit we did had breakfast and was surprised it was good.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 1, 2013

Residence Inns can range from worn and ho-hum food to excellent. This one was very good and although near major roads, it was very quiet. The food however, was some of the best I've seen at a Residence Inn. The first night was build a burger with fries and the topper: Bryers ice cream!
Breakfast was equally good with spiced up scrambled eggs as well as regular; bacon (one day) and everything else for a hearty breakfast. Only complaint was rates do fluctuate and when you get over $200, I have to move on. Good location in Houston and easy to get to (well, that's if you understand Houston freeways and service roads. Take a GPS.)

Room Tip: There are some great views of sky-scrappers. Go 4th floor.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I spent 2 nights in this hotel, which was several miles from where I did business. I must say that I am not an "easy sleeper". I have chronic insomnia and severe reactions to "white noise" such as that which comes from HVAC units, road noise, elevators, and so on.

When I arrived I was 3 hours late from when I intended to arrive. I was more than a bit frazzled. The staff, especially Christine, was very helpful and calming. She took special care to make sure I had a quiet room (which I had requested on the reservation), showed me the map and asked if I thought it would do. She even showed me where the roof-mounted HVAC units were relative to my room.... something that doesn't often happen. She also let me know that if I had a problem, just to call down and they would be happy to make a switch.

As it happens, there was a small hissing noise from the vent which kept me awake (even with the thermostat turned off), but I am an extreme case. It was unavoidable and did not affect my opinion of the hotel or staff.

I also purchased some food to take up to my room from the bar. Again, kind and gracious service.

Everywhere I looked I was met with open, interested faces who seemed genuinely interested in ensuring that I had a great visit. I will look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I recently stayed here for two weeks during a training and I felt like part of the family by the time I left. I was very satisfied with the staff, cleanliness and centralized location. It has a Kroger (grocery store) within 50 yards of the front door, and a huge selection of restaurants within walking distance. I agree with some of the others in regards to the loud AC, but it wasn't a deal breaker. For the price, it was go for me. Don't forget to get your rewards points.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Laura A, General Manager at Courtyard Houston Westchase, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Eric_and_Kety,

Thank you so much for posting about your experience at The Courtyard Houston Westchase. I am so pleased to hear you felt like part of the family! Our number one goal is customer satisfaction and I was so excited to share your comments with our team. Thank you again for taking the time to post about your experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

This staff is outstanding and very personable. They are attentive to your needs and welcome you by name upon walking through the door. Both the Assistant General Manager and the General Manager are involved with the staff as well a their guests. I had a small issue with my room and it was fix immediatly, followed up by a email from the GM. Location is also good for restaurant options within a couple miles. It is also a "walk across the street" from a Krogers so if you forgot something on your trip, or need anything from a large grocery store, its less than 1 minute away! I highly recommend for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the right side of the building. I have been to both sides and seems like the nicer...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

12YearTravels,

What a great review!! We can't thank you enough for sharing your experience about your stay at The Courtyard Houston Westchase. Our goal here is to make your stay feel like a home away from home and I'm glad we addressed your issues immediately. We have a great location and the Kroger across the way really is helpful for our guests. Thank you for sharing your experience and also some great tips for our future guests. We look forward to welcoming you back again!

Reviewed August 7, 2013

While the hotel isn't awful, I had various minor problems that, in sum, lead to a disappointing experience.

First, the air conditioner in the room was VERY loud. And it's August in Houston, so you have to have it on. My coworker said hers was loud too.

Second, the fitness room was 94 degrees with no fans or any other type of ventilation. It probably would have been easier to exercise outside in the heat.

Third, I thought the room was really small. The Residence Inn next door may be a better bet if you like more space too.

And finally, the location is so strange. It's like behind a Kroger.

It did have some positive characteristics generally associated with this hotel class though. I liked the Paul Mitchell bath products, the decor was nice, and the Internet speed was adequate. The staff were also friendly. I just think I'll try another hotel next time I'm in Houston for business.

• Stayed: August 2013
4  Thank Meredith R

Meredith R.

Thank you for sharing your experience at my hotel on Tripadvisor. I am sorry to hear your stay was anything but exceptional. We are always trying to improve and feedback from our customers is a great way to achieve our goals. I apologize for the issues you had with the air conditioner in your room. We have recently purchased new air conditioners and are replacing some of the older louder units in the hotel. The fitness center air conditioner has also been replaced with a more powerful unit to increase the ability to cool the room. We are behind a Kroger which is unusual, however, convenient for those guests who want to grab quick conveniences for their travels. I am pleased you liked the Paul Mitchell bath products and that our staff was friendly and accommodating. I hope when you're back in Houston you will give us another try. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me should you need any assistance. My email is Laura.Arneson@marriott.com or you can reach me at the hotel 713-784-3003.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights on business. The location is convenient and there are many restaurants near by one can wal to. It is the same Marriott room, color scheme and layout and the room was fine. I had essentially no water pressure in the sink and shower. I mentioned it to the front desk the first morning, was told they would look at it that day. Well I think that's all they did, look at it, as it was not if fixed. My room rate of $249 was well above what this room was worth. As many pats note, the breakfast is an issue. Why Courtyard Marriott's continue to rip their clients off is beyond me. Their pricing also ridiculously high. I was a Platinum member two years ago and am now Gold as I have had too many of these Marriott experiences to keep going back for more; or should I say less! Get your act together Marriott!!!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business