“Outstanding personal staff overall hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Houston Westchase

Courtyard Houston Westchase
Ranked #212 of 501 Hotels in Houston
Denver, Colorado
“Outstanding personal staff overall hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

This staff is outstanding and very personable. They are attentive to your needs and welcome you by name upon walking through the door. Both the Assistant General Manager and the General Manager are involved with the staff as well a their guests. I had a small issue with my room and it was fix immediatly, followed up by a email from the GM. Location is also good for restaurant options within a couple miles. It is also a "walk across the street" from a Krogers so if you forgot something on your trip, or need anything from a large grocery store, its less than 1 minute away! I highly recommend for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the right side of the building. I have been to both sides and seems like the nicer...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Laura A, General Manager at Courtyard Houston Westchase, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
12YearTravels,

What a great review!! We can't thank you enough for sharing your experience about your stay at The Courtyard Houston Westchase. Our goal here is to make your stay feel like a home away from home and I'm glad we addressed your issues immediately. We have a great location and the Kroger across the way really is helpful for our guests. Thank you for sharing your experience and also some great tips for our future guests. We look forward to welcoming you back again!

My best,
Laura Arneson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

While the hotel isn't awful, I had various minor problems that, in sum, lead to a disappointing experience.

First, the air conditioner in the room was VERY loud. And it's August in Houston, so you have to have it on. My coworker said hers was loud too.

Second, the fitness room was 94 degrees with no fans or any other type of ventilation. It probably would have been easier to exercise outside in the heat.

Third, I thought the room was really small. The Residence Inn next door may be a better bet if you like more space too.

And finally, the location is so strange. It's like behind a Kroger.

It did have some positive characteristics generally associated with this hotel class though. I liked the Paul Mitchell bath products, the decor was nice, and the Internet speed was adequate. The staff were also friendly. I just think I'll try another hotel next time I'm in Houston for business.

• Stayed August 2013
4 Thank Meredith R
Meredith R.

Thank you for sharing your experience at my hotel on Tripadvisor. I am sorry to hear your stay was anything but exceptional. We are always trying to improve and feedback from our customers is a great way to achieve our goals. I apologize for the issues you had with the air conditioner in your room. We have recently purchased new air conditioners and are replacing some of the older louder units in the hotel. The fitness center air conditioner has also been replaced with a more powerful unit to increase the ability to cool the room. We are behind a Kroger which is unusual, however, convenient for those guests who want to grab quick conveniences for their travels. I am pleased you liked the Paul Mitchell bath products and that our staff was friendly and accommodating. I hope when you're back in Houston you will give us another try. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me should you need any assistance. My email is Laura.Arneson@marriott.com or you can reach me at the hotel 713-784-3003.

My best,
Laura Arneson
Calgary, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights on business. The location is convenient and there are many restaurants near by one can wal to. It is the same Marriott room, color scheme and layout and the room was fine. I had essentially no water pressure in the sink and shower. I mentioned it to the front desk the first morning, was told they would look at it that day. Well I think that's all they did, look at it, as it was not if fixed. My room rate of $249 was well above what this room was worth. As many pats note, the breakfast is an issue. Why Courtyard Marriott's continue to rip their clients off is beyond me. Their pricing also ridiculously high. I was a Platinum member two years ago and am now Gold as I have had too many of these Marriott experiences to keep going back for more; or should I say less! Get your act together Marriott!!!

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank DMW66
Boulder, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

This is the 2nd or 3 week I am staying at the place. It is hot this time and the AC runs all night. The window AC is a monster machine...hard to sleep with that noise. In addition it is the same old issue with the bistro breakfast. You have to wait in line to get your food ( in opposite to the previous breakfasts with buffet ) or at least wait for 5- 10 minutes. The next issue is for complimentary breakfast with you rate or platinum status. Worst case scenario is that you order 6 USD "complimentary" and another 10 USD as "not complimentary" just because of your choices. For example regular coffee is included..cappuccino is not...water is included , certain juice is not. That goes along with the annoying and immature bistro concept. Why not just giving a let's say 12 USD breakfast voucher and you can order whatever you want. That was the value in the old Courtyard anyway ( pre-Bistro).. otherwise staff is very good.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Mike B
Albuquerque, New Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

Let me start by saying that overall the hotel is fine. Our room was clean and comfortable. Staff were all very nice.

My complaint, and the only way to show a complaint is to downgrade the rating, is that Marriott is stingy, cheap, and deceptive. I assume it is Marriott, but maybe it is the management of this hotel. We booked our room and opted for paying a bit more to include breakfast. When we got to the breakfast area, we discovered that only some offerings were available to us--essentially a choice of breakfast sandwiches (these are not real breakfast foods), cereal, oatmeal. We could have coffee or juice, but not both. But, there was nothing on the website or in the room to indicate the limited options. I have more choices (and better quality) at much cheaper hotels. When I went back to get a refill on the coffee, the attendant asked if I wanted to charge that to my room. For pity sake, even the cheapest chains provide free coffee!!!! I walked away muttering something about "cheap policies." The young man then brought me a cup of coffee and said not to worry. Good for him--he understands what customer service is about.

They need to be clear about what they are offering. We would not have chosen the higher rate if we knew that we could not get a breakfast that was at least equivalent to a Comfort Inn, or other chain. I could have gone to the Kroger next to the hotel and purchased coffee and something to go with it for less than I paid for what the hotel offered, and I could have walked down the road and found a place that provide free coffee refills.

Because of this miserly and deceptive policy, I would not stay here again and I am going to be a bit wary of other Courtyard hotels.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank grizz9
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

This is my hotel of choice in Houston. Super location, friendly and accommodating staff, safe neighborhood. Clean rooms, secure parking. Reasonable rates.

I am a very picky traveler and when I find a hotel I like, I am loyal. This is my go-to hotel in Houston.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

Was there for family weekend. Far from airport, but rented a car so that wasn't a big issue. Lots of shopping and restaurants nearby. Beautiful open lobby and friendly staff. Room was nice size and well appointed. NO complaints!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family