“Good hotel also not too far from the Galleria”

Courtyard Houston Westchase
Ranked #271 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed September 2, 2012

This was our first time at courtyard Marriott in Houston been to a few out of town but anyway we booked from Friday to Sunday Aug 31/Sept 2 we were running late for check-in wife notified staff and was told there would be a note by our name we got there 30mins before our suspected time and the staff was very friendly and welcoming check-in went smooth only problem was that we weren't notified till after my wife checked the account and brought it to the front desk staff attention that a $20 charge was added to our bill for anything added to our room which we never added anything to the but we were told it will be returned with 3-7 business which i will do a follow-up on that... the hotel bistro/restaurant was closed but the little hotel market they had was open and pretty much across the street was a Signature Kroger which was open pretty late(we arrived around 930pm) the hotel is located off Westheimer which has a ton of restaurants also about 10 miles headed north from the hotel is the galleria which is the biggest mall in Texas i believe also has 3 floors lots of walking and bring lots of money pretty expensive....the room was really nice liked the room decor really clean a/c was nice and icy too cold for wife just right for me only problem i had but not really since we didn't use it except to store some drinks was the mini fridge which was a little dirty besides all that bed made each day along with new clean towels and toiletries the gym was 24hrs not much to do except run cycle and some free weights wish there were more to do jacuzzi was nice didn't get in the pool but looked good room had 32 flat screen not much channels i believe like 20 or 25 but im not big on tv so not really a problem all the channels were in HD i believe the area wasn't too bad the roads are pretty bumpy with potholes we were asked if we wanted a room on a particular floor we chose the 2nd which the view was blocked by trees so i would advise a 3rd floor view but really since its a business type with only 3 floors what really can you view besides apartments restaurants stores etc Marriott residence was right next door and the opposite side was a Hilton and some restaurants the hotel is more of a business type also pretty family friendly overall me & the wife had a great time would definitely recommend checking out to other also Robert at the front desk was real helpful we will also come back if were in town

pros: great staff & housekeeping clean room

cons: no complimentary breakfast

Room Tip: "hotel staff were knowledgeable about near by restaurant even printed out directions" &qu...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tron t
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Houston Westchase

Reviewed August 20, 2012

The hotel was great and I enjoyed the stay. I would have provided five stars if they had provided a complimentary breakfast as the food prices were a bit more than I would prefer to pay for a breakfast meal. The staff was always ready to greet me and make sure that my needs were being met.

The only complaint I had about the whole experience was the elevator. It smelled horrible with obvious smells of hydraulic oil. The staff attempted to cover the smell, but it only made the smell worse. Thankfully, there are only three floors so it was not an issue to just climb the stairs instead of riding the elevator.

Room Tip: Garbage runs at 4:30 on Fridays, so get a room facing away from the parking lot if you do not want t...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 14, 2012

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I usually prefer Marriott properties, so this was my first choice for a business trip in the area. The hotel is nice. Beds was comfortable. Room was quiet. Service was excellent, with good dining recommendations. Breakfast is available (for cost) at a bistro in the lobby. It was pretty good. Nice business center and lounge area. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Came here for 4 nights on business in the area. My husband usually stays at the nearby Comfort Suites but we were booked into the Courtyard by his client. He will stay at the Courtyard from now on!
Most importantly, everyone was so friendly and accomodating. The GM is out in the lobby frequently greeting everyone and digging in to help whereever needed.
Our room was clean and quiet and had all needed amenities, including free wi-fi.
The lobby has free coffee/newspapers/tv/business center and comfortable seating to work.
Although there is no complimentary breakfast, there is a cafe which serves much better tasting fair for breakfast and dinner - all reasonably priced and served with a smile.
Great business gem! We will be back!

Room Tip: Top floor with pool view.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 20, 2012

stayed there for 3 nights on a business trip to Houston. There is another Marriott property nearby so I had a little confusion as I was travelling on a taxi from IAH. Rooms are nice and clean with good temp control. wifi was stable. All my requested extra things for my room was ready at my check-in. Also they agreed for a 2hr late check-out on the first day. There is a market place nearby with many restaurants and bar. One thing I must mention the hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. I am definitely going to come back to the same place during my next stay in Houston.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 20, 2012

What on earth are marriott playing at with the new 'grab and go' breakfast concept?

on business I like a breakfast that is fresh, good for me and sufficient for me to work all day without lunch. So, a cooked, low carb meal with fresh fruit and coffee and I am ready to go.

Enter some clown in Marriott (who I use by choice and normally really like) who decides to change the whole 'breakfast experience' and that allows you to only order some stodgy cake or a badly cooked egg or a cup of composted genetically modified mush that passes off as fruit.

absolutely terrible. change it guys or I move my business hotel of choice.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business