“Great Hotel, Friendly Staff”

Courtyard Houston Westchase
Ranked #247 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed August 20, 2012

The hotel was great and I enjoyed the stay. I would have provided five stars if they had provided a complimentary breakfast as the food prices were a bit more than I would prefer to pay for a breakfast meal. The staff was always ready to greet me and make sure that my needs were being met.

The only complaint I had about the whole experience was the elevator. It smelled horrible with obvious smells of hydraulic oil. The staff attempted to cover the smell, but it only made the smell worse. Thankfully, there are only three floors so it was not an issue to just climb the stairs instead of riding the elevator.

Room Tip: Garbage runs at 4:30 on Fridays, so get a room facing away from the parking lot if you do not want t...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed August 14, 2012

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I usually prefer Marriott properties, so this was my first choice for a business trip in the area. The hotel is nice. Beds was comfortable. Room was quiet. Service was excellent, with good dining recommendations. Breakfast is available (for cost) at a bistro in the lobby. It was pretty good. Nice business center and lounge area. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Came here for 4 nights on business in the area. My husband usually stays at the nearby Comfort Suites but we were booked into the Courtyard by his client. He will stay at the Courtyard from now on!
Most importantly, everyone was so friendly and accomodating. The GM is out in the lobby frequently greeting everyone and digging in to help whereever needed.
Our room was clean and quiet and had all needed amenities, including free wi-fi.
The lobby has free coffee/newspapers/tv/business center and comfortable seating to work.
Although there is no complimentary breakfast, there is a cafe which serves much better tasting fair for breakfast and dinner - all reasonably priced and served with a smile.
Great business gem! We will be back!

Room Tip: Top floor with pool view.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 20, 2012

stayed there for 3 nights on a business trip to Houston. There is another Marriott property nearby so I had a little confusion as I was travelling on a taxi from IAH. Rooms are nice and clean with good temp control. wifi was stable. All my requested extra things for my room was ready at my check-in. Also they agreed for a 2hr late check-out on the first day. There is a market place nearby with many restaurants and bar. One thing I must mention the hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. I am definitely going to come back to the same place during my next stay in Houston.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 20, 2012

What on earth are marriott playing at with the new 'grab and go' breakfast concept?

on business I like a breakfast that is fresh, good for me and sufficient for me to work all day without lunch. So, a cooked, low carb meal with fresh fruit and coffee and I am ready to go.

Enter some clown in Marriott (who I use by choice and normally really like) who decides to change the whole 'breakfast experience' and that allows you to only order some stodgy cake or a badly cooked egg or a cup of composted genetically modified mush that passes off as fruit.

absolutely terrible. change it guys or I move my business hotel of choice.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 16, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times during the past 5 years. It had been a couple years since my last visit and I was surprised to see how much they had updated the place. They have moved to more modern decor in the rooms and the lobby. As usual, my room was quiet and clean and I had no troubles with room temperature control.

The main issue I have with the redesign is that they have moved to a Starbucks type breakfast service where you stand in a line and then order at the counter and pay. Then you have to wait for your food - sometimes a long wait if you are getting hot breakfast - like eggs. I truly prefer the buffet style breakfast that they had before because you get a large variety and it is immediately available with no wait. This is enough of a problem for me that I will look for other options next time I visit Houston.

Room Tip: They have a workout center that is adjacent to the outdoor pool and hot-tub. They only have 2 treadm...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business