“You do it again, and again, and again, and again, and...”

Drury Inn & Suites Houston Near The Galleria
Ranked #96 of 516 Hotels in Houston
Southern US State
“You do it again, and again, and again, and again, and...”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

If I could change my life...win the lottery...leave work behind...and move HERE...I would in an instant! This already is our "Second Home", so, why not just drop everything and make it simply our Home! Jose...get ready....we're moving in!

OUCH! Who just pinched me out of my dream?!

It was time to celebrate the big "Four-Oh", and there was clearly no other way to celebrate it but with my Friends/Family of the Drury Hotel in Houston/Galleria. I knew that my daughter and I were going to have one of the best long-weekends of the year being in the comforts of Home, and we knew that we would NOT be let-down by anything here at the Drury. And...of course...we were correct in every way!

Jose, Mary, Stephen...what else can I say that hasn't already been said by myself and everyone else who's stayed there?! The remodel adds a great improvement to the lobby - adds color, modernization...it's comfy and works well! It's so hard to wait until check-in, and it's so hard to leave. The service, the amenities, the comforts...

The popcorn is a dead-lock on us! The foods are so appreciative and add so much to the value of our stay. The ice-cold sodas on hot days; alcoholic "teasers" for drinkers; piping-hot huge baked potatoes; fresh, crisp salad; hot-dogs, chicken fingers, chili, broc/cheese soup, chips, salsa...and that's just the Kickback options! How about breakfast...sausage, eggs, breakfast potatoes, biscuits/gravy, mini-donuts, bagels, bread, Jose's Waffles, juices, milk, even the soda machine is on! How can this not be better than home?!

Like I said, it's so hard waiting that long drive to check-in, and it's just as hard checking out. We will be back soon-enough, because it's too hard to stay away.

We miss you all tons! So looking forward to our next visit "Home". Jose...take care... and thank you and your Staff for your hospitality! Y'all keep doing it right time-after-time!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank northerndynasty

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
New Mexico
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nites in May and found it a great choice. We had stayed in downtown a few times but this was a better choice. It may be less fancy than some of the downtown hotels but its half the price, the rooms are more than adequate, breakfast and happy hour are fine, parking is free and it is more convenient to the galleria and uptown shops and restaurants. We would definitely stay here next time we are in Houston.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Eureka Springs, Arkansas
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We have stayed at this particular hotel several times. The location is excellent. They have just undergone a renovation. The rooms are nice, have micro/fridge. The bkfst is adequate. Nice manager's reception in the evening. Obvious that many made that their evening meal. All of the staff was helpful. We especially thank Mary at the front desk for making us feel welcome and helping us with our reservation. Easy on and off of the frwy. Excellent value!!!

Room Tip: We chose a 2 room suite. It was great. Our room was quiet. We left the a/c fan on and could not hear...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Perth, Australia
Reviewed April 27, 2013

We arrived at 10.00pm tired and worn out after a fifteen hour flight from Doha. Our reception could not have been better. We were soon booked in and given advice on where to find a quick meal nearby. (the California Pizza Kitchen). This motor inn is well located, close to the Galleria and close to many fine restaurants. The breakfast served is better than what you will get in most motels and their happy hour (free drinks -wine, beer and cocktails and fairly substantial snacks) is a great way to unwind at the end of the day.. Our room was quiet and spacious. Incidentally, parking is free.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Peter M
Seattle WA
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on business. The hotel is clean and rooms are a good size. I got a great price for my stay and felt that it was worth it. Hotel only has valet parking. Be prepared to pay and tip. The valet guys were very attentive. Room was well stocked with coffee, shampoos etc. Hotel is near the galleria. Great location. I ate dinner in the bar. Music was very loud and I typically don't mind but this was one a bit over the top. Food was very good. Rooms are showing signs of being used but are nice. I would recommend for business travelers and leisure. Good access to freeway

• Stayed March 2013
Houston, Texas
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Really liked the room, courteous service, and reliable free internet. I liked even more the generous free meals provided: breakfast and "happy hour"--a free bar drink plus various appetizer-type foods, all included with the room tab. I have to say the decor is rather frumpy and the layout of this establishment is rather...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Buda, Texas
Reviewed March 20, 2013

First let me say that the staff was great. Our first room was near the elevator and ice machines and we gave it a try but it was too loud. They moved us without complaint even though we had already been in the room for 30 minutes or so! Thanks a lot for that!

I really don't have any complaints except for the lousy Houston traffic that can really gum up the roads around the hotel. There are plenty of places to eat and shop.

Minor complaints - full size instead of queen beds and I hate when things are not spotlessly clean especially when you are in the service business. My issue is not with the room but the common area for breakfast had an almost unbearably sticky floor. If you don't pay detailed attention to the public area what goes on in private? It does not inspire confidence!

Pluses - the breakfast was better than most other "free" ones I have had and their daily happy hour (Kickback) is actually pretty darn good especially letting me have three adult drinks! The shower rocked with plenty of hot water and outstanding pressure. Finally, the wifi was 100% free and worked like a champ which is more than I can say for many places I have stayed.

If you are looking for a mid-priced place that is clean (mostly) and convenient to the Galleria then this will work for you.

Room Tip: Make sure you tell them not to put you next to the centrally located elevator and ice machines. Loud...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Houston Near The Galleria, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience here at the Drury Inn and Suites, Near the Galleria. I have shared your feedback with our Housekeeping and Food & Beverage team. We always strive to maintain an extremely clean property, especially in the public areas. We do have a beverage station area which includes fountain drinks. This requires regular monitoring and cleaning! We have noted this and will focus increased attention to this area.

Also, we have just completed a rooms renovation here at the property, which includes conversion of rooms with double beds to queen beds. I know that this will bring a great new look to our rooms and a comfortable night's rest for you, our guest.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to having you stay at our property again in the near future.

Jose Miranda