Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Westheimer
$127
$239
Preferred Hotels
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks(Houston)(Great Value!)
$88
$139
$105
galahotels.com
  • Pool
All reviewsfront desk staffthe hotel managernear gallerialong stayenjoyed my staycheck in was easycheck in was a breezerooms are cleanhome away from homespecial thankshouse keepingwould recommend this hotel to anyonewonderful stayconvenient locationbed was comfortablefree breakfastcvs
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Very conveniently located on Westheimer by the loop. Not too close to the loop, fortunately. Fridge and A/C were both very noisy, and had to be killed to get any sleep. Staff friendly and helpful, up to a point.

Will not see me again, unless the 50 or so better places nearby are all full. That is not particularly unlikely, of course.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Having stayed here for three weeks and in three different rooms during my immigration process, I feel that I should relay the experience.

First of all, the staff were very friendly and accommodating, and the location is pretty good - on Westheimer and close to the 610 and all the delights of the galleria. There's a grab and go breakfast which basically means coffee and a muffin or some fruit, which to me is fine.

The rooms however, (and I wasn't expecting much) were a disappointment, very worn and sorry looking, there was a large TV with cable, some channels worked, some looked like they were half tuned, there was working but very noisy air con and the carpets looked like they were a hundred years old. Wifi was free, but very slow, unless you pay for an upgrade.

The bathrooms were all very ugly, chips in the bath and sinks and no new towels, even though I asked - which astonished me - or toiletries, in fact, the water ran out twice while I was there and the toilet stopped working three times!

There is a kitchenette which I never used although I did fill my fridge with drinks from the nearby CVS shop.

Towards the end of my second week I had to switch rooms (not the fault of the hotel) and I was put in a room which had just had it's carpets 'cleaned' and the floor was wet and stank so I asked to move, which they obliged but to a room where the fascia had fallen off the power outlets, I don't think it was dangerous but I mentioned it to reception and nothing was done in the following week!

Overall it was a good base for me as I was on my own, but I wouldn't stay there with a loved one.

Would I stay there again? probably not now I know the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I went here because I needed a place for at least a week and I had low expectations on such short notice. The ESA couldn't even meet those low expectations. The hallway constantly had a bad smell, be it garbage or marijuana, and getting fresh linens was like pulling teeth. I called to make sure they had fresh sheets and was told they didn't have towels. That's not what I asked. I really wish I would have sprung for the extra $10 and go to the Hotel Derek.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Location is perfect, but that's about the only good thing I have to say about this place! The manager did not accommodate my needs for payment options--would not accept a school district issued check. Then, they did not have my reservation correct, and had to give me an additional room in order to have enough beds for my party--another inconvenience! Finally get up to the room, and the shower is not working--call down to the office to help and I am told that it will not be until the morning when a maintenance man would be able to come check it! Ridiculous! Also overheard another guest complaining that they were without water for the majority of the day--and made the comment "welcome to hell". If you have to stay in this area, this option is OK, but if you want a nice place to stay pick somewhere else!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Westheimer, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The situation you described regarding the shower head is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience.
Please accept our most sincere apologies for not accepting your Check since it is company policy that we can not accept any type of check payment. I sincerely apologize that you did not receive the room you had desired. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the location of the hotel.

Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback.
If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at hgl@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Good accomodation with friendly stuff and nice rooms incl. kitchen. For the price you have a good location. Close to everywhere. Unfortunately there is no restaurant, the gym is in another hotel abt. 300 mtrs away. WIFI is working good.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Westheimer, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Daniel - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. It's great to hear that our staff provided you with such friendly service. As well, I am glad to read that you were liked having free WiFi and our hotel's location.