“Reservation mix up”

Ranked #243 of 504 Hotels in Houston
New Orleans
“Reservation mix up”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

the bad: after reserving a non-smoking room, even with a copy of my reservation as proof, they gave me a smoking room! Their explanation was that they must have overbooked their nonsmoking room. They charge for fax services. There was an annoying noise from the bathroom that we coulndt find the source. My bedside lamp was broken. NO HAIRDRYER! The stopper in the bathroom sink was missing. The window unit ac was loud. The mattress was ok but the pillows were flat and had no support. I did not sleep well.

the good: The airfreshner in the smoking room did a good job neutralizing the smoke odor but omg, it reeked of airfreshner scent (sweet, fruity). Some people may like that, but I dont. But then again, I guess smelling that is better than smelling smoke. the full functional kitchen came in handy especially when we brought back leftovers and when we ordered in pizza. Free parking. Good breakfast, awesome front desk service despite the reservation mess up.

Overall it is ok. You get what you pay for.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Westheimer, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that there was a mix up with your reservation at check in and the issue with the lamp, a/c, sink stopper, pillows and that we did not provide you with a hairdryer. On the other hand I am glad that you enjoyed the convenience of the kitchenette in your room and the customer service provided by the staff. Please allow us to make it up to you by offering you a night stay certificate for the inconveniences, please send me your contact information to gmartinez@extendedstay.com Thank you again for the review and I hope that the issues do not deter you from staying with us in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a week in March for work. Pros: free wifi, coffee in the morning and Showtime. Next to CVS. Cons: non-smoky room smelled smoky, blanket had big hole (they replaced) and found gum on nightstand in middle of night (they cleaned next day). Overall what I expected.

• Stayed March 2013
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Westheimer, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you for staying with us for a week in March and taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad that you enjoyed our free Wi-Fi, morning coffee, Showtime channel and that we were close to CVS. I am sorry that your room smelled of smoke, the blanket had a hole in it and that you found gum on your nightstand but that everything was taken care of for you with the new blanket and the room cleaning. Thank you again for the review we hope to see you again soon!
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

Ive been here for 2 months and will be here for another while on business. The company I work for has me here in this hotel. In the 60 days I've been here, they have run out of hot water twice. And not for just an hour or so; try 2 days at a time. I wake up at 7am every day and am out the door and at work by 8-8:15am. I meet with clients and am in meetings constantly. It doesn't look good when I show up 2 days in a row not having showered and looking terrible. This is not acceptable at all. The only thing that redeems this hotel is their front desk employees. Maria, Danielle, and Courtney are amazing and very personable. They might be the only thing that holds this hotel together. My room smells sour and it's coming from the AC unit (good thing they cleaned them out this week). Also my upstairs neighbor legit is up all night banging around like an elephant. Seriously, I don't know what they are doing but it's obnoxious and literally wakes me up every night between 2-4am. They slam drawers shut, slam cabinet doors shut, and it sounds like they literally are jumping off the bed onto the floor over and over again. If you stay here pack a set of earplugs because this place is not quiet. Obviously I'm a little peeved because the hot water is out but that's my two cents.

Room Tip: good luck finding a good quiet room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank KaylaJ226
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Westheimer, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am truly sorry that the hotel expereinced hot water issues during your stay. The boilers have now been replaced and the issue has been corrected. Let me try to make it up to you by offering you a "Be Our Guest" certificate, please forward your information to me at gmartinez@extendedstay.com. I am glad to hear the the customer service provided by Maria and Courtney has been great and that from now on you will no longer have issues with the hot water. Thank you again for the feedback and the review.

Travelers are raving about these Houston hotels

Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Needed to stay one night at this location because of a business meeting across the street on the next morning. Knowing that I would be taking the late flight from Dallas to Houston and arriving at the hotel after 11:30pm I had my secretary to call in person to confirm my room and make a note to hold it. Extended Stay said "no problem". Upon arriving at near mid-night they had switched me to another Extended Stay location - what???

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Westheimer, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that you were walked to a sister hotel after your late flight and even after your secretary confirmed the reservation. Unfortunately sometimes there are circumstances that are beyond our control and this happens, I am truly sorry and in response to your feedback I am going to issue you a "Be Our Guest" certificate that you may use at any of our hotels in the US. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I hope that you will contact me at gmartinez@extendedstay.com and provide me with your mailing address to be able to send you the certificate. We do hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with better service next time you are in the area.
Irvine, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

I work throughout the US and stay at many different places. This Place has the best service by far of any other place(s) I have stayed. It was nice to come back to the hotel and have a friendly smile and genuinely nice people. I seemed to run into Tiffany every night and always got a big smile and how was your day! I don't remember any of the other staffs names but all were very nice too. The room was nice but my only complaint would be the burners on the range didn't work like mine at home so I had to learn how to cook again. If I'm back in this area I will absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review of your stay. I am excited to hear that our staff and specially Tiffany greeting you with a smile every time she saw you and that the service was by far the best you have encountered any other places you have stayed. I am sorry that the burners did not work like the ones at your home but I am glad that you will definitely be back to see us. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see in the near future.
Pune, Maharashtra, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

I liked the support staff they taken care of any issue that was being faced by me during my stay.
Once i did not like a room due to some reason they immediatley made arrangement for me to shift to another room.
I will definitely stay here again in my future visit to Houston/USA.

I remember few front desk staff names like : Tiffant and Courtney and Maria.They are so helpful.

Room Tip: 2nd floor rooms are better than 4th floor.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Westheimer, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad to hear that our staff, Tiffany, Courtney and Maria were very helpful in assisting you with any issues that came up and when you did not like a room, you were immediately moved to a different one. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon in the near future on your next visit to Houston.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

My stay was great and every relaxing and the help was nice and friendly and very helpful I am really looking forward to my next visit there. i think this is the best place to stay. one of the help helped my to find great places for food which was so nice of her. i forgot something in my room ob the day of check out and the lady at the front desk let me go back and get it with out any problems. i really would book this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2013
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Westheimer, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review of your stay. I am glad to hear that your stay was great, relaxing and that the staff was very nice, friendly and helpful. It's good to also hear that the staff helped you with finding great places for food and that they were helpful in you getting your forgotten item in the room after checkout. Thank you for considering us the "Best place to stay". We look forward to seeing you on your next visit!