“Don't bother confirming your stay - they will drop you anyway”

Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Westheimer
Ranked #232 of 508 Hotels in Houston
Dallas, Texas
“Don't bother confirming your stay - they will drop you anyway”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Needed to stay one night at this location because of a business meeting across the street on the next morning. Knowing that I would be taking the late flight from Dallas to Houston and arriving at the hotel after 11:30pm I had my secretary to call in person to confirm my room and make a note to hold it. Extended Stay said "no problem". Upon arriving at near mid-night they had switched me to another Extended Stay location - what???

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Westheimer, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that you were walked to a sister hotel after your late flight and even after your secretary confirmed the reservation. Unfortunately sometimes there are circumstances that are beyond our control and this happens, I am truly sorry and in response to your feedback I am going to issue you a "Be Our Guest" certificate that you may use at any of our hotels in the US. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I hope that you will contact me at gmartinez@extendedstay.com and provide me with your mailing address to be able to send you the certificate. We do hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with better service next time you are in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Irvine, CA
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I work throughout the US and stay at many different places. This Place has the best service by far of any other place(s) I have stayed. It was nice to come back to the hotel and have a friendly smile and genuinely nice people. I seemed to run into Tiffany every night and always got a big smile and how was your day! I don't remember any of the other staffs names but all were very nice too. The room was nice but my only complaint would be the burners on the range didn't work like mine at home so I had to learn how to cook again. If I'm back in this area I will absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review of your stay. I am excited to hear that our staff and specially Tiffany greeting you with a smile every time she saw you and that the service was by far the best you have encountered any other places you have stayed. I am sorry that the burners did not work like the ones at your home but I am glad that you will definitely be back to see us. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see in the near future.
Pune, Maharashtra, India
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I liked the support staff they taken care of any issue that was being faced by me during my stay.
Once i did not like a room due to some reason they immediatley made arrangement for me to shift to another room.
I will definitely stay here again in my future visit to Houston/USA.

I remember few front desk staff names like : Tiffant and Courtney and Maria.They are so helpful.

Room Tip: 2nd floor rooms are better than 4th floor.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Westheimer, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad to hear that our staff, Tiffany, Courtney and Maria were very helpful in assisting you with any issues that came up and when you did not like a room, you were immediately moved to a different one. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon in the near future on your next visit to Houston.
Reviewed February 19, 2013

My stay was great and every relaxing and the help was nice and friendly and very helpful I am really looking forward to my next visit there. i think this is the best place to stay. one of the help helped my to find great places for food which was so nice of her. i forgot something in my room ob the day of check out and the lady at the front desk let me go back and get it with out any problems. i really would book this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2013
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Westheimer, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review of your stay. I am glad to hear that your stay was great, relaxing and that the staff was very nice, friendly and helpful. It's good to also hear that the staff helped you with finding great places for food and that they were helpful in you getting your forgotten item in the room after checkout. Thank you for considering us the "Best place to stay". We look forward to seeing you on your next visit!
San Francisco, California
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I have been staying at this hotel 2-3 times a year for 5 yrs now. The reason I keep coming back to this hotel is the excellent service the hotel staff provide from Maria the cleaning lady to Tracy, the hotel manager, and Courtney, Maria, and Tiffany, the front desk staff. They will go beyond the call of duty to accommodate guests' needs. They are very professional and courteous.

The furniture in the room is out dated but Extended Stay hotels around the country have been renovating their hotels.

The bed is very comfortable.

I love the grab and go breakfast that they have.

I just wish that Extended Stay America has a loyalty program like other hotel chains that recognizes their loyal guests by upgrading their room when it's available or at least giving them the best room available.

I stay at the Extended Stay America around the country a lot in a year. Most of the time, I get a "leftover" room;even though, I have called ahead to reserve a good room.

Room Tip: It's based on first come, first serve basis in all Extended Stay Hotels. You can't choose a...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Richard B
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Westheimer, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
I received a copy of your review and wanted to thank you for taking the time to write it. Thank you for choosing to stay with us time after time each year because of the excellent service the front desk staff provides from Maria the Housekeeper, the front desk staff, Courtney, Maria and Tiffany and of course the Hotel Manager, Tracy. The staff goes far and beyond the call of duty to accommodate guests needs and are professional and courteous. Indeed our hotels have been going thru some renovations across the country and you have already experienced some of those improvements with the more comfortable beds and the new "Grab and Go" breakfast. I will pass on your recommendation about the loyalty program. Thank you again for the great review and for making us your home away from home!
Houson,Tx
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I recently traveled a very long distance to Houston TX to take a travel assignment and had never been to the area ..I was tired and anxious and had no idea what to expect .. I was very pleasantly surprised with the hotel which I will be staying for 10 weeks and also the Staff .... Marie, Courtney,Tiffany and Tracy have been amazing and have become just like family.... they are always smiling and ready to help .... they even helped me with WiFi on my computer .... directions and questions .... whatever I need .... the housekeeping staff is also exceptional ... I have 2 dogs so they just supply me with what I need and also are always smiling and seem to enjoy what they do .... a special thank you to Siham,Salima, Maria and Dina and last but not least the maintanence person Elser.... it is so nice to have a man around when things don't work quite right and he always seems to know how to fix them .... I recommend Extended Stay America in Galleria to anyone who wants a great place to stay at a fair price and you even get good coffee in morning .... :) all with a smile !

Room Tip: Just let the girls at the front desk know what you are looking for and they will help you out !
1 Thank Stacey H
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Westheimer, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you for writing such an awesome review of your stay. I am excited to hear that you will be staying for about 10 weeks and that you have made us your home for now. Glad to hear that the entire staff, Front desk, Housekeeping, Maintenance and the Hotel Manager Tracy have made you feel like family and they are willing to help with everything you need with a smile. Thank you for the great review and for the referrals.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I spent two consecutive months at this location. Rooms were clean, comfortable and spacious. Location is perfect. The front desk service is outstanding especially Tiffany! She takes her time with every customer and truly does her best to help everyone. Definitely a great experience. If I return again, this will be the first place I call!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Westheimer, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you for writing such a great review of your stay. I am excited to hear that you made our hotel your home away from home for 2 months and that the rooms were clean, comfortable and spacious. The location for you was perfect and the Front Desk service was outstanding as provided by Tiffany. Once again thank you for the review and hope to see you back soon!