Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Westheimer
Ranked #237 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I've been staying here for a month so far, and plan to stay until my home is complete. The location is great. Staff is awesome very responsive to my needs. Especially the manager Tracy and front desk girl Maria.The room is small compared to what I'm use to, but I love it. I recommend this place to everyone.

• Stayed: August 2012
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Westheimer, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel and for recognizing the efforts of our staff, especially Tracy and Maria. I will be sure to share your comments with them. Overall, my entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

I found my stay at this hotel to be excellent. The staff is very helpful and professional, particularly a clerk my the name of Courtney. She really does make u feel welcome. The manager Tracy also makes u feel right at home and is very attentive to the quest needs, always greet you with a big smile and hello. I also found it to be very clean and services to be on point. I definitely recommend it, and it will always be my first choice when visiting Houston.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Westheimer, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

Reviewed June 6, 2012

I stayed for 20 nights for business in downtown Houston. The location is convenient with several downtown buses passing regularly. Galleria and the stores nearby are a mecca for shopping, which I did much of too. The front desk is friendly and always answers the phone, even at late hours and holidays. Kudos for that!

There is a (slow) elevator available if your room is not on the ground floor. There are no meal amenities at the hotel but there are restaurants and a CVS pharmacy nearby. The laundry cost $2.00 to wash and the same to dry (look out; there is one washer for $1.00 which seemed out of place but who's complaining?) My room and also the rooms of my two colleagues looked and smelled clean but there was a 2 inch crusty stain on one side of my queen sized bed linen, which I avoided by sleeping on the other side. They claim to change bed linen every 7 days but after my first housekeeping visit - lo and behold! My stain remains! Is it possible they could have two bed linens with stains in exactly the same spot or is someone not doing their job?
The worst experience was the toilet which clogged not once, not twice, but three times! After having the first malfeasance dealt with, maintenance was unable to effect a solution a second time leaving me to suffer with the stench for the rest of Sunday and Memorial day because 'maintenance doesn't work on that holiday'. At every stage I had to pester and prod the front desk to have the decency to offer me another room to perform my most basic of functions. I got much in the way of sorries but little follow-up - for example I was promised the card for a nearby empty room as soon as it was cleaned to avoid an embarassing pilgramage to the end of the hall. After waiting forever, I had to call the front desk who had obviously forgotten about me.

This customer was made to understand what was more important to the staff when front desk had the gall to enquire on a minor payment detail while still neglecting to follow-up on my requests. When the toilet was finally cleared, I was left to clean up 'the mess' which seemed unfair since it was caused by their malfunctioning equipment.

My other two colleagues had no complaints whatsoever about this hotel, so my conclusion is that you should be fine as long as everything works in your room but don't count on timely assistance in case of an emergency.

Room Tip: I was told that the higher numbered rooms on each floor (16 - 30) were further away from the highway...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank belchman9006
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to respond. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

I do appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns about the bed in your suite. First, please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring. Specifically, standard operating policy is that linens are always replaced with fresh, clean new bedding before a guest checks in. In addition, all rooms are inspected prior to being made available to the public. That having been said, I recognize the issue you have brought to my attention and discussed it with hotel staff and management.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

great value, great staff.. HOWEVER, car got broken into at night in front of the hotel in the parking lot and cost me $2.5k. Management refunded me $250 of $500 bill. To little. Ruined my trip to Houston. Never again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally apologize for your poor experience. We are so sorry that this happened to you while staying at our property. It’s my understanding that my staff encouraged you to contact your insurance company; I hope that they were able to assist you. I do want to assure you that this was an isolated incident, and we offer our most sincere apologies. I hope that you will return to Houston again in the future.

Reviewed March 14, 2012

this place is a dump. our room was beyond dirty, my dogs are cleaner. I pulled the covers back on the bed to find a large amount of hair,so I called the front desk and asked if the bedding could be changed and was told I could come down and get new bedding when I said that was not acceptable, she stated she would see what she could do about it. About 20 minutes later she arrived with a sheet and an attitude that was anything but pleasant.She stripped the bed down throwing everything on the floor, changed the bottom she with another that had hair on it, She then picked up the blanket and pillows and walked out the door leaving the dirty sheet she took off the bed on the room floor. While waiting for a call from the manager, We discovered BLACK MOLD in the gasket of the freezer. We left and still haven't heard from the manager, "STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE ITS A HEALTH HAZARD.

Room Tip: Anywhere else
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Westheimer, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Houston - Galleria. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

We know that you have several lodging options, which is why it is so important to us that we provide you with a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price. The description you presented of your accommodation is not representative of our quality standards. In order to meet our standards, we have strict procedures which are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring: in particular, we replace linens with fresh, clean bedding and inspect all rooms prior to making them available. I take your comments very seriously, so, I have met with our hotel management and staff to prevent such a situation from occurring again.

Reviewed February 21, 2012

Room was clean, as expected from Extended Stay America. While there are many choices in the area, by far this is a better value for the money as far as location and comfort are concerned. Several restaurants and shopping close by.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed June 29, 2011

Check in was easy. Girl at front desk was pleasant. Room was clean and comfortable. Bed were comfy too. Nothing to write home about but I would stay here again. The only thing I didn't like was all the people hanging out and smoking in front of the building for a good part of the night. The place doesn't have a pool either but very close to the interstate.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family